Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Privileged by Kyle Korver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Privileged by Kyle Korver

    Great Article. Reality and Truth. A perspective from the heart. Can you relate? Listen.
    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...-utah-jazz-nba

  • #2
    Originally posted by Eagle2 View Post
    Great Article. Reality and Truth. A perspective from the heart. Can you relate? Listen.
    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...-utah-jazz-nba
    Truth,,,,especially about silence.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by E-Vol-ution View Post

      Truth,,,,especially about silence.
      Hmmm........Imagine that.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Eagle2 View Post
        Great Article. Reality and Truth. A perspective from the heart. Can you relate? Listen.
        https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...-utah-jazz-nba
        It is a challenge, and I think the article really captures an aspect that many do not consider.

        Honestly, you see similar thoughts about women. "Why were you there that late" "what was she wearing" ad nauseum.
        My favorite quote from the Bush funeral - "Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in"

        "We're better than that!" Congressman Cummings

        "Have you no decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?" Joseph Welch replying to Senator McCarthy

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

          It is a challenge, and I think the article really captures an aspect that many do not consider.
          u
          Honestly, you see similar thoughts about women. "Why were you there that late" "what was she wearing" ad nauseum.
          I do have issues/problem/question about women and this me too movement as to why its after the fact(stay silent for so long) many years later

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Eagle2 View Post
            I do have issues/problem/question about women and this me too movement as to why its after the fact(stay silent for so long) many years later
            Do you have daughters?
            My favorite quote from the Bush funeral - "Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in"

            "We're better than that!" Congressman Cummings

            "Have you no decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?" Joseph Welch replying to Senator McCarthy

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

              Do you have daughters?
              Yes sir. Two. Both have families.

              Comment


              • #8

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Eagle2 View Post
                  Most won't get it, they won't try to walktin those shoes.

                  And by the way, there sure are a lot of "I's" in that, the pronoun enforcer will be upset.

                  My favorite quote from the Bush funeral - "Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in"

                  "We're better than that!" Congressman Cummings

                  "Have you no decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?" Joseph Welch replying to Senator McCarthy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

                    Most won't get it, they won't try to walktin those shoes.

                    And by the way, there sure are a lot of "I's" in that, the pronoun enforcer will be upset.
                    😂 somebody mad

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

                      Most won't get it, they won't try to walktin those shoes.

                      And by the way, there sure are a lot of "I's" in that, the pronoun enforcer will be upset.
                      So true. But how much better would society have been/be if everyone was sincerely true and honest to take on the "I" responsibility rather than be silent and do nothing or accept and go along with?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

                        Most won't get it, they won't try to walktin those shoes.

                        And by the way, there sure are a lot of "I's" in that, the pronoun enforcer will be upset.
                        That’s a broad stroke there with the “Most” word. I believe more get it than don’t. I also believe that You could replace the word white with any color and it holds true.
                        You and Panther are just miserable racist losers. -Dibs

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by chhspantherfan View Post

                          That’s a broad stroke there with the “Most” word. I believe more get it than don’t. I also believe that You could replace the word white with any color and it holds true.
                          Tell me what word you would like to use and insert it. (Many?) I do not believe more get it than don't. Do you remember the Trayvon discussions? Yes, people stay tribal.

                          Oops, we both use an "I".
                          My favorite quote from the Bush funeral - "Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in"

                          "We're better than that!" Congressman Cummings

                          "Have you no decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?" Joseph Welch replying to Senator McCarthy

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

                            Tell me what word you would like to use and insert it. (Many?) I do not believe more get it than don't. Do you remember the Trayvon discussions? Yes, people stay tribal.

                            Oops, we both use an "I".
                            “yes, people stay tribal”

                            elaborate please. Are you referring to my comment of inserting any color?
                            You and Panther are just miserable racist losers. -Dibs

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by chhspantherfan View Post

                              “yes, people stay tribal”

                              elaborate please. Are you referring to my comment of inserting any color?
                              yes. The difference is, white males do not have the set of experiences that black males, especially our age and older, have. We can't. We can sympathize, but if you read the article, I bet you could identify with it. I could.

                              And yes, "I" was used again. Don't you think it is petty and small of someone to dog somebody about using a specific pronoun? Maybe childish?
                              My favorite quote from the Bush funeral - "Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in"

                              "We're better than that!" Congressman Cummings

                              "Have you no decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?" Joseph Welch replying to Senator McCarthy

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X