Privileged by Kyle Korver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privileged by Kyle Korver

Great Article. Reality and Truth. A perspective from the heart. Can you relate? Listen.
    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...-utah-jazz-nba

Originally posted by Eagle2 View Post
    Great Article. Reality and Truth. A perspective from the heart. Can you relate? Listen.
    Truth,,,,especially about silence.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Vol-ution View Post

Truth,,,,especially about silence.
      Hmmm........Imagine that.

Comment

It is a challenge, and I think the article really captures an aspect that many do not consider.

Honestly, you see similar thoughts about women. "Why were you there that late" "what was she wearing" ad nauseum.
        My favorite quote from the Bush funeral - "Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in"

"We're better than that!" Congressman Cummings

"Have you no decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?" Joseph Welch replying to Senator McCarthy

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

It is a challenge, and I think the article really captures an aspect that many do not consider.
          u
          Honestly, you see similar thoughts about women. "Why were you there that late" "what was she wearing" ad nauseum.
          I do have issues/problem/question about women and this me too movement as to why its after the fact(stay silent for so long) many years later

Comment

I do have issues/problem/question about women and this me too movement as to why its after the fact(stay silent for so long) many years later
            Do you have daughters?
            My favorite quote from the Bush funeral - "Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in"

"Have you no decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?" Joseph Welch replying to Senator McCarthy

Comment

Do you have daughters?
              Yes sir. Two. Both have families.

Comment

Comment

Most won't get it, they won't try to walktin those shoes.

And by the way, there sure are a lot of "I's" in that, the pronoun enforcer will be upset.

Comment

And by the way, there sure are a lot of "I's" in that, the pronoun enforcer will be upset.
                    😂 somebody mad

Comment

So true. But how much better would society have been/be if everyone was sincerely true and honest to take on the "I" responsibility rather than be silent and do nothing or accept and go along with?

Comment

That’s a broad stroke there with the “Most” word. I believe more get it than don’t. I also believe that You could replace the word white with any color and it holds true.
                        You and Panther are just miserable racist losers. -Dibs

Comment

Originally posted by chhspantherfan View Post

That’s a broad stroke there with the “Most” word. I believe more get it than don’t. I also believe that You could replace the word white with any color and it holds true.
                          Tell me what word you would like to use and insert it. (Many?) I do not believe more get it than don't. Do you remember the Trayvon discussions? Yes, people stay tribal.

Oops, we both use an "I".

Comment

Tell me what word you would like to use and insert it. (Many?) I do not believe more get it than don't. Do you remember the Trayvon discussions? Yes, people stay tribal.

Oops, we both use an "I".
                            “yes, people stay tribal”

elaborate please. Are you referring to my comment of inserting any color?
                            You and Panther are just miserable racist losers. -Dibs

Comment

Originally posted by chhspantherfan View Post

“yes, people stay tribal”

elaborate please. Are you referring to my comment of inserting any color?
                              yes. The difference is, white males do not have the set of experiences that black males, especially our age and older, have. We can't. We can sympathize, but if you read the article, I bet you could identify with it. I could.

And yes, "I" was used again. Don't you think it is petty and small of someone to dog somebody about using a specific pronoun? Maybe childish?

Comment

Working...
                              X