Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old people will post anything on Facebook.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old people will post anything on Facebook.

One of my pet peeves is people who spread false information online. I saw this today.

Robert never said this. I mean, I can’t stand the guy myself, but from my POV there is enough that he really has said or done that is against my values and I would consider, uh, not good.

The problem is, freaking old people believe any dang thing they see or read. They don’t bother checking to see if any of it is actually true. I mean, why would they? Right? Anyway I have two Facebook friends that are really bad about just sharing these type of things without questioning them. They are both in their eighties. I occasionally say something, but it's walking a thin line. Both these people I have immense respect for. One is very special to me, as she and her husband helped me out a lot when I was child. The other is one of my best friend's dad. He is a great guy and Korean war vet.

BTW, this problem is definitely not exclusive to elderly white conservatives. Libtards do it too. It’s just I have a lot of conservative friends.
    Last edited by Super B; 05-06-2019, 02:23 PM.

Also, although this isn’t necessarily a post specifically about politics, it deals with politics. I didn’t see any political threads, so if this violates the rules (if political threads aren’t allowed), y’all can just delete the thread. I’m not trying to cause trouble.

Comment

Þetta reddast!

Comment

Originally posted by Super B View Post
        One of my pet peeves is people who spread false information online. I saw this today.

Robert never said this. I mean, I can’t stand the guy myself, but from my POV there is enough that he really has said or done that is against my values and I would consider, uh, not good.

The problem is, freaking old people believe any dang thing they see or read. They don’t bother checking to see if any of it is actually true. I mean, why would they? Right? Anyway I have two Facebook friends that are really bad about just sharing these type of things without questioning them. They are both in their eighties. I occasionally say something, but it's walking a thin line. Both these people I have immense respect for. One is very special to me, as she and her husband helped me out a lot when I was child. The other is one of my best friend's dad. He is a great guy and Korean war vet.

BTW, this problem is definitely not exclusive to elderly white conservatives. Libtards do it too. It’s just I have a lot of conservative friends.
        I’m old yet I don’t post things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Trojanbacker2 View Post

Me too.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Comment

Well, not yet anyway. lol

Comment

Same here.

Comment

It is not just old people......I am old (not really still very young at heart)and either unfriend or not follow people who insist on posting political stuff.

You are right Beto is not a good choice. Knew his family well.....
                Uncoachable kids become unemployable adults, let your kids get use to someone being hard on them. It's life, get over it. Patrick Murphy- Alabama Softball

Comment

When it comes to politics young and old alike tend to post from the hip. Some are just so ate up by party politics that they aren't always concerned with the facts.

Comment

Am I old?

Þetta reddast!

Comment

Working...
                    X