Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys are going to the AAF championship in Frisco right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You guys are going to the AAF championship in Frisco right?


    come on guys, come to the Star in Frisco for the AAF championship!

  • #2
    The AAF will suspend all football operations

    Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Alliance of American Football will be suspending all football operations within the next few hours.

    The league won’t be folding, yet. But it seems to be moving in that direction.

    The move comes in the aftermath of ominous comments from Tom Dundon, who became majority owner of the AAF several weeks ago. Dundon committed $250 million in funding to the league, but he had the ability to pull funding, and he obviously has.

    Last night, a source said that the AAF needed roughly $20 million to get to the end of its first season. Instead, the season will end with two weeks left in the regular season, and with a four-team postseason that never comes to fruition

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Eagle2 View Post
      The AAF will suspend all football operations

      Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Alliance of American Football will be suspending all football operations within the next few hours.

      The league won’t be folding, yet. But it seems to be moving in that direction.

      The move comes in the aftermath of ominous comments from Tom Dundon, who became majority owner of the AAF several weeks ago. Dundon committed $250 million in funding to the league, but he had the ability to pull funding, and he obviously has.

      Last night, a source said that the AAF needed roughly $20 million to get to the end of its first season. Instead, the season will end with two weeks left in the regular season, and with a four-team postseason that never comes to fruition
      I always thought it was the nhl and nba that sought to destroy spring football. First the xfl got raked over the coals and I didn’t understand why. February was such a boring month for sports anyway. I think hockey knew it couldn’t compete. Now my crazy thinking is confirmed.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hockey more than competes with the AAF

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NewEagleFan View Post
          Hockey more than competes with the AAF
          I am not sure who is telling the truth at this point, but seeing how the xfl was drug through the mud, I am almost thinking that hockey has the most to fear from spring football. Fingers are being pointed, but I am starting to think that the hockey owner realized that the league was a dumpster fire and had enough. Sounds like they lied, a lot, about how much money that they had. And were looking for someone to fleece.

          Comment


          • #6
            I guess nobody is going now

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SBBear View Post
              I guess nobody is going now
              Jerry most disappointed as he wanted to showcase the Star to America.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NoDogInFight View Post

                Jerry most disappointed as he wanted to showcase the Star to America.
                Yeah actually it's a shame that they couldn't figure out a way to finish the season with 2 games remaining. From the games I saw the football was not bad and actually was pretty good in most cases. It started slow but as the season wore on the football was better and I thought this was a viable spring league and not like the WWE version....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NoDogInFight View Post
                  I am not sure who is telling the truth at this point, but seeing how the xfl was drug through the mud, I am almost thinking that hockey has the most to fear from spring football. Fingers are being pointed, but I am starting to think that the hockey owner realized that the league was a dumpster fire and had enough. Sounds like they lied, a lot, about how much money that they had. And were looking for someone to fleece.
                  I agree hockey would have to fear good spring football, but none of those leagues really provided a quality product, like the USFL did back in the day. Maybe if these fringe leagues played a more traditional game like the NFL/College/High School, they'd get more interest. I think part of the problem is they try too hard to be innovative, maybe if another football league pops up in the spring, they'll survey fans first and see what kind of changes the fans want, and maybe introduce them more slowly. I think there's too many traditionalist out there, that don't want to see a bunch of changes coming at them at one time.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You have to remember that the 2001 XFL was the fourth tier league after the cfl, nfleurope, and a very strong arena league. Since the nfl stopped NFLEUROPE and arena football is down to four teams, the AAF had about the same talent level. Im not sure who’s fault it was. Seems Daryle Johnston has done a great job attracting fans with almost no ad money to the Alamodome. It is a shame that not every team was as successful as they were. I’m hoping Vince brings on a San Antonio franchise. Travelling down there was fun.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X