• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING NEWS: Lincoln Riley leaves Oklahoma & OU for California & USC

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle2 View Post
      BREAKING NEWS: Lincoln Riley leaves Oklahoma & OU for California & USC
      I did not expect that....really thought it was LSU....Riley scared of the SEC?

Comment

BREAKING NEWS: Lincoln Riley leaves Oklahoma & OU for California & USC
        In my mind OU is the better job, I am guessing they backed up the brinks truck at his doorstep and he couldn’t refuse. Wonder what OU does? I am guessing the last thing they thought they would have to do is go on a coach search this year do they hire with SEC in mind?

Comment

• Originally posted by SBBear View Post

In my mind OU is the better job, I am guessing they backed up the brinks truck at his doorstep and he couldn’t refuse. Wonder what OU does? I am guessing the last thing they thought they would have to do is go on a coach search this year do they hire with SEC in mind?
          I disagree, USC is a much better job. Think of all the Cali recruits he can now get to stay in state and with his prowess offensively, he'll lock down the PAC-12 easily, imo. Reports for OU, are they're going after Kiffin, Kingsbury and Campbell. My guess for LSU is they hire Fisher soon, i don't see who else they would go for. Unless they're trying to lure Meyer to LSU (which would be deadly, imo). Because Napier is reportedly a top candidate for Florida.

All i know is, Texas better go hard after their WR coach....pretty please with a cherry on top.

Edit: Almost forgot, Sonny Dykes is also a name being floated around...which is hilarious, imo.
          AusMOJO
          Pale From Lack Of Sun
          Last edited by AusMOJO; 11-28-2021, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post

I disagree, USC is a much better job. Think of all the Cali recruits he can now get to stay in state and with his prowess offensively, he'll lock down the PAC-12 easily, imo. Reports for OU, are they're going after Kiffin, Kingsbury and Campbell. My guess for LSU is they hire Fisher soon, i don't see who else they would go for. Unless they're trying to lure Meyer to LSU (which would be deadly, imo). Because Napier is reportedly a top candidate for Florida.

All i know is, Texas better go hard after their WR coach....pretty please with a cherry on top.

Edit: Almost forgot, Sonny Dykes is also a name being floated around...which is hilarious, imo.
            Agree USC is better job(for all reasons listed) and easier conference, only Oregon to contend.

Dykes-TCU
            Napier-Florida
            Stoops-Interim at OU for Bowl Game
            Don't think Kingsbury will leave Zona/

Comment

Traditionally USC has been the better job but I would argue that OU is the better job especially over the last 10 years. I agree that he will rule the Cali recruiting and get his choices, but OU has Oklahoma and Texas as it’s hotbed. Not sure that Fisher to LSU is alive anymore but you never know, he said last week again that he isn’t a candidate and does not want to leave College Station, but tht is never definite. I would have thought that LSU would have gone hard after Napier and was surprised at the reports of him to Florida, I guess the next few weeks will be interesting

Comment

Agree USC is better job(for all reasons listed) and easier conference, only Oregon to contend.

Dykes-TCU
                Napier-Florida
                Stoops-Interim at OU for Bowl Game
                Don't think Kingsbury will leave Zona/
                Yeah, i saw the Napier thing after i posted this. Dykes names is floating around for the OU job. You never know. Mike Stoops or is it Mark Stoops? One of those, is in contention for the LSU job, rumours are starting to get out about it. Bob being interim is good for them, but is weird an outside coach can do that? You think he comes back? Kingsbury 100% won't leave Arizona for OU...now LSU, i could see. While he doesn't like recruiting, pairing his offensive prowess with LSU's traditionally good defenses and recruits? Holy crap....Hell, wouldn't surprise me if they try to grab Meyer at LSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBBear View Post
                  Traditionally USC has been the better job but I would argue that OU is the better job especially over the last 10 years. I agree that he will rule the Cali recruiting and get his choices, but OU has Oklahoma and Texas as it’s hotbed. Not sure that Fisher to LSU is alive anymore but you never know, he said last week again that he isn’t a candidate and does not want to leave College Station, but tht is never definite. I would have thought that LSU would have gone hard after Napier and was surprised at the reports of him to Florida, I guess the next few weeks will be interesting
                  Napier to LSU didn't happen, because of LSU. He wanted the job, but they screwed him around too much and Florida came knocking. I think they thought they had Riley. Now they're down to Mark Stoops and a few other names. Wouldn't surprise me to see Urban Meyer land at LSU.

OU candidates i've seen right now are: Mark Stoops, Luke Fickell, Josh Huepel, Brent Venables (not going to happen) and Matt Campbell.

Comment

Napier to LSU didn't happen, because of LSU. He wanted the job, but they screwed him around too much and Florida came knocking. I think they thought they had Riley. Now they're down to Mark Stoops and a few other names. Wouldn't surprise me to see Urban Meyer land at LSU.

OU candidates i've seen right now are: Mark Stoops, Luke Fickell, Josh Huepel, Brent Venables (not going to happen) and Matt Campbell.
                    What about Gary Patterson? Is he a fit for OU? Not really any good candidates that would maintain program status.

Comment

What about Gary Patterson? Is he a fit for OU? Not really any good candidates that would maintain program status.
                      Haven't seen his name pop up, but i don't doubt OU might be look at him. Him at OU would be a good fit, as he hates Texas, lol. The ones i mentioned are probably just ones they're looking at right now. Who knows, maybe Bob decides he likes coaching again and stays. It's weird that he is the interim though...he wasn't even a coach on staff..

Comment

• Gut punch of a 24 hours. Went to bed feeling pretty good all things considered after he shot down the LSU rumors hard last night.

OU is a far better program than USC and has been for some time, don’t let that Texas delusion cloud your sense too much.

I think there was some turmoil on staff/with players/behind the scenes that partially led to his exit. Guessing stuff will come out over the coming weeks and months, we shall see.

my shortlist: Rhule, Aranda, Beamer, and Venables. Patterson and Kingsbury shouldn’t be anywhere near a shortlist for OU.
                        Last edited by yankee; 11-28-2021, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankee View Post
                          Gut punch of a 24 hours. Went to bed feeling pretty good all things considered after he shot down the LSU rumors hard last night.

OU is a far better program than USC and has been for some time, don’t let that Texas delusion cloud your sense too much.

I think there was some turmoil on staff/with players/behind the scenes that partially led to his exit. Guessing stuff will come out over the coming weeks and months, we shall see.

my shortlist: Rhule, Aranda, Beamer, and Venables. Patterson and Kingsbury shouldn’t be anywhere near a shortlist for OU.
                          Disagree, USC is a much better job. You can brag about OU being great, sure. I don't disagree that it is a good job. But it definitely isn't anything close to USC. I think you should lay off that Boomer Sooner delusion if you really think Oklahoma is a better job than USC.

Comment

• Interesting to see following the Riley announcement to USC, the decommits from OU, and the transfer portal. Would not surprise if freshman QB Caleb Williams also hits the portal to USC.

Comment

Interesting to see following the Riley announcement to USC, the decommits from OU, and the transfer portal. Would not surprise if freshman QB Caleb Williams also hits the portal to USC.
                              Yeah, that dude's 100% gone, you see his tweet? Didn't out right say it, but you can kinda get that vibe. They'll be fine eventually, but they're taking hits like crazy.

Comment

Curious why you don’t think so on Venables-to me that’s the guy for OU (assuming a Stoops of some kind doesn’t come in).

I was somewhat surprised to see this happen. There’s been some somewhat cryptic comments, that now are clearly being read in this light, but it didn’t seem like Riley was big on the move to the SEC (again never out right said-but I don’t see it as a stretch necessarily). It didn’t make sense for me for him to leave and go to LSU. Expectations would probably be higher, with a shorter leash, and honestly less talent there than at OU. OU seemed like a good situation to me-surprised he actually pulled the trigger on the SC job. To me, OU is in a perfect spot-if you’re pro SEC. They will be able to make that transition easier than Texas. They are recruiting well. While SC might have some glitz and glam and when they are good college football is at its best, again I just can’t see this being a better job (apart from money). The expectations are going to be so high out there. Like Texas. Both programs have been on a similar trajectory lately and no head coach has been able to hang in there and get anything created. Riley will probably be different-but man, I know Norman is a far cry from LA…but OU is in a great spot. SC is a dumpster fire.

Comment

Working...
                                X