Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hook 'em Horns!

That is all.
    “Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” --Voltaire

"There is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it, if only we are brave enough to be it"--Amanda Gorman

Great way to start the season last night.

Beuchele looked very good and poised for a true freshman making his first start against a top ten Notre Dame squad. His deep ball is a thang of beauty. With the way John Burt runs this could be a deadly combo if he can catch them.

The 18 wheeler package was in full effect too. I'm not a fan of that but last night it worked.

Comment

Too lazy to find the thread and discussion about the ND/UT game, but here is Elliot apologizing to Hunter and other things.
      “Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” --Voltaire

"There is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it, if only we are brave enough to be it"--Amanda Gorman

Comment

Lot's of football left to play, but I am impressed where Charlie has the Horns and what they are doing. To change,develop, and create his culture/program from Mack Brown was a challenge, getting rid of Mack's country club cancer. Now that Charlie has his program in place the Horns should be on the way up and its only a matter of time to getting back to prominence. With the big win over the Irish and the Sooners losing to Houston and as well as Okie State losing, the Horns right now are sitting pretty and just need to stay healthy and continue to play football. Sooners have a gauntlet of schedule the next three weeks(buckeyes,frogs, horns) and cannot afford another loss. Finding Buechele and moving the other players around has been successful thus far. Charlie is known for developing 2 & 3 star diamonds in the rough. Lets all hope that the Horn success continues this season and more. Getting back to Longhorn football.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle2 View Post
          Lot's of football left to play, but I am impressed where Charlie has the Horns and what they are doing. To change,develop, and create his culture/program from Mack Brown was a challenge, getting rid of Mack's country club cancer. Now that Charlie has his program in place the Horns should be on the way up and its only a matter of time to getting back to prominence. With the big win over the Irish and the Sooners losing to Houston and as well as Okie State losing, the Horns right now are sitting pretty and just need to stay healthy and continue to play football. Sooners have a gauntlet of schedule the next three weeks(buckeyes,frogs, horns) and cannot afford another loss. Finding Buechele and moving the other players around has been successful thus far. Charlie is known for developing 2 & 3 star diamonds in the rough. Lets all hope that the Horn success continues this season and more. Getting back to Longhorn football.
          I agree with everything you just said. The biggest problem now is depth, particularly on the Line, and youth. I like the program direction and I like the commitment of the players.

I failed to post the link in my previous post, I will see if I can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

I agree with everything you just said. The biggest problem now is depth, particularly on the Line, and youth. I like the program direction and I like the commitment of the players.

I failed to post the link in my previous post, I will see if I can find it.
            Agree. Think this upcoming recruiting year will focus on such along with receivers and defense line. Just hope the governing body (boosters) have been sold and bought in on the direction Charlie is going. It takes 3-4 years to completely revamp a program especially one of this nature and size. If not this year then next. To find a true freshman qb of this caliber is very very rare. Vince-Colt now Shane.

Comment

The system and Shane mesh quite nicely. And yes, Coach Strong deserves 5 years IMO to put his team and program in place. I am proud to be a TU fan and proud of the young men who are a part of that prkgram.

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post
                The system and Shane mesh quite nicely. And yes, Coach Strong deserves 5 years IMO to put his team and program in place. I am proud to be a TU fan and proud of the young men who are a part of that prkgram.
                Same thoughts here. Hook Em Horns

Comment

Yep, 2 to 3 more playmakers on defense and some salt on the beef (Offensive line) can make these kids top 3

Comment

Originally posted by E-Vol-ution View Post
                    Yep, 2 to 3 more playmakers on defense and some salt on the beef (Offensive line) can make these kids top 3
                    They have them on the team, they're just young like Brandon Jones and Deshon Elliot. Coach Strong's got the recruit gravy train pouring in now. Give him his 5 years and this team will be rolling over the Tide. Roll Horns Roll.

Comment

Originally posted by DPaul View Post

They have them on the team, they're just young like Brandon Jones and Deshon Elliot. Coach Strong's got the recruit gravy train pouring in now. Give him his 5 years and this team will be rolling over the Tide. Roll Horns Roll.
                      LOL, Cal's QB went to elementary school in Colleyville. You telling me the Horns can't handle a Colleyville QB?
                      The loudest voice for tolerance comes from the most intolerant people.

“Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.”

Comment

33-35 Cal before half.
                        Such a different team and offense play calling when Buchele is in game. Love it.
                        Last edited by Eagle2; 09-17-2016, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chhspantherfan View Post

LOL, Cal's QB went to elementary school in Colleyville. You telling me the Horns can't handle a Colleyville QB?
                          There's no Euless defenders on Texas' D so I guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by chhspantherfan View Post

So I guess he couldn't Prosper in Colleyville....

Comment

Sonny Dykes is the most annoying coach to watch. This guy argues everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X