*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

lol, definitely not happening. Our boys are focused on Mesquite. King does not let drop off happens.

Then on top of that, Temple will be a huge, huge test for us. Excited about the potential match up personally.
    I really don't think the Cats will be much of a test for you. The Midway game showed me a lot. A defense that gives up TD's all over the place--no pressure on the QB, Temple's QB is dealing with a knee injury, forced passes that were intercepted, RB's had trouble holding onto the ball. The defense even intercepted a pass close to Temple's goal then on the same play fumbled it back to them.
    Temple has played three moderately strong teams and went 1-2. The lone win over Shoemaker saw us trailing after three quarters 21-17 and had to work hard for that win.
    However, a big part of the team is young and therefore should be much better next year. They must grow first.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post

We will be best defense temple has seen
      Absolutely!

Comment

We will be best defense temple has seen
        By a long shot the best defense Temple will see. I also think Temple will have the best offense Longview will had faced to date. I could see this being something like 56-35 for Longview. Temple defense will need to force turnovers and control the clock to have a chance. They got the kids to do it. I just think they're a year away from really competing.

Comment

No offense will be better than the Rockwall offense, no matter what our defense did to them.

Second best sure, I can see that, but nope, sorry. Rockwall by far the best.
          Yeah they will imo will be better then Rockwall because they have the WR that is just as good as Nijiba-Smith. They have a really good RB and they have a SR QB that can extend plays. Although he is a little banged up. Then they also have the offensive line that Rockwall doesn't have. Rockwall had 3 points I'm not sure they were better then Lufkin's offense and I can tell you Temple offensively is way better then Lufkin's unit. Just my opinion but I don't think Longview could hold Temple down how they did Rockwall. I'm I'm basing this off what I saw Lufkin do vs that defense and how I think Temple would fair. The battle to watch will be the Temple offensive line vs Longview defensive line.
          Last edited by Gametyme; 11-04-2019, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gametyme View Post
            I'm basing this off what I saw Lufkin do vs that defense
            Lufkin got 357 on us, the most we've given up this season by far. 89 of that came on the very first play off the game. The Lobo defense held Lufkin, inside their own half, practically the entire fourth quarter. And that was with two turnovers by the Lobo offense inside our own territory.

The Lobo defense was the most impressive thing about our team that night against Lufkin.

Will Temple get some yards? Sure. Will get they probably score more than Rockwall? Sure.

But the only way Temple is scoring 35 on this defense is if they get some second string scores + Longview turns the ball over multiple times inside our own territory.

It'll make it even more of a challenge if the Temple QB is still injured going into our game. We've still yet to allow 650 total rushing yards this season.
            THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
            5A Division 1, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalist
            40 District Championships
            '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
            '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
            '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
            '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14 Area Finalist
            '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Post game with head coach John King, following Longview's 49-7 victory over Tyler Lee...

https://lobohistory.com/gamelogs/aud...19postgame.mp3
              Audio highlights of Longview's 49-7 victory over Robert E Lee...

https://lobohistory.com/gamelogs/aud...ee11012019.mp3

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• So word is west Brook lost to deer Park "on purpose" so they stay d2 if won go d1 hah! Teams be sandbagging

Comment

I remember we played Jesuit and ej Smith emiit Smith's son if I recall he didn't do much
                  Yep, and that was in 2017 when Jesuit had overwhelmingly the #1 offense in DFW (by something like 100 yards per game on average). They had the number 1 passing QB in DFW (he lives in and played freshman year at Allen, and now plays at Rice), #1 receiver in DFW (was top 3 receiver in the state that season); and number 1 scorer in DFW (EJ Smith - who was a sophomore then). I actually thought that would be a very good game. And the result - Longview blasted them. Jesuit scored a lot of points and had over 400 yards passing, but Longview's win was never in doubt. This Jesuit offense is nowhere near as good as the 2017 version. A game against Longview this year would be a snoozer.
                  Last edited by AE Fan; 11-04-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Lobo, as we head into the final regular season game I want to thank you for your district updates every week the last few seasons (not sure when you started). I look forward to reading them every Monday morning. Cheers to you!
                    Last edited by AE Fan; 11-04-2019, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Lufkin got 357 on us, the most we've given up this season by far. 89 of that came on the very first play off the game. The Lobo defense held Lufkin, inside their own half, practically the entire fourth quarter. And that was with two turnovers by the Lobo offense inside our own territory.

The Lobo defense was the most impressive thing about our team that night against Lufkin.

Will Temple get some yards? Sure. Will get they probably score more than Rockwall? Sure.

But the only way Temple is scoring 35 on this defense is if they get some second string scores + Longview turns the ball over multiple times inside our own territory.

It'll make it even more of a challenge if the Temple QB is still injured going into our game. We've still yet to allow 650 total rushing yards this season.
                      I will concede the Lufkin defense was probably the best offense for us that night lol. Im with you I don't think it's going to be easy for Temple but with their offensive line I think it atleast gives them a chance to be successful on offense. I'm not just saying that. They're pretty solid. Throw in Howard at RB who is pretty good. Im just saying Temple atleast on paper can present Longview problems they haven't seen this year as a complete offense as long as they don't start turning it over. I'll be in the house in 2 weeks rooting the kid on. 6 kids on the Temple defense are 15 and younger starting. They have a really bright future.

Comment

• The only reason I keep bringing up Temple offensive line is. What if those holes that aren't usually there turn into 3-4 yard runs. What happens if the pass rush is not getting home like it normally does. Longview has been able to bully most lines up front. This may be the one time this year they will be equally matched in the trenches atleast on that side of the ball. This is the only argument I got lol. As for the defense. I think Temple is just going to have to sell out on the run and live with 1 on 1 match-ups in the back end. This is were I think Longview can and will exploit a young defense. I know we're getting a little ahead but as fans what else are we suppose to do. You guys really wanna talk Mesquite football lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gametyme View Post
                          The only reason I keep bringing up Temple offensive line is. What if those holes that aren't usually there turn into 3-4 yard runs. What happens if the pass rush is not getting home like it normally does. Longview has been able to bully most lines up front. This may be the one time this year they will be equally matched in the trenches atleast on that side of the ball. This is the only argument I got lol. As for the defense. I think Temple is just going to have to sell out on the run and live with 1 on 1 match-ups in the back end. This is were I think Longview can and will exploit a young defense. I know we're getting a little ahead but as fans what else are we suppose to do. You guys really wanna talk Mesquite football lol.
                          I am going to go ahead and say it since no one else is willing to do so, nobody’s getting 35 points on this defense. It just ain’t gonna happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

I am going to go ahead and say it since no one else is willing to do so, nobody’s getting 35 points on this defense. It just ain’t gonna happen.
                            Long as offensse don't have turn over bugg you probably right mean green defense playing on another level this year

Comment

• As a reminder, anything I post is subjective to change in the future. It’s only based on stats that I have posted on the history website as of now. I could find another game with more stats tomorrow which would push a record mentioned in this post down, etc.

The Lobo Wrap.- Longview 49, Tyler Lee 7 - November 1st, 2019
                              • Longview’s 49-7 victory over Tyler Lee, improved the Lobos to 9-0 on the season. It is the 13th time in Longview’s 110 seasons that the Lobos have started a season 8-0.
                              • It is Longview’s 4th time under head coach John King, in his 16th season, to open the season 9-0.
                              • It is the second consecutive season that the Lobos have opened the season, 9-0. Longview had, previous to last season, not started a season 9-0 in 13 years.
                              • Longview improved to 17-3-2 all-time against Tyler Lee at Lobo Stadium.
                              • Overall, Longview improved to 23-5-2 against Tyler Lee in the city of Longview.
                              • Longview won their seventh in a row over Tyler Lee at Lobo Stadium with the victory.
                              • Longview improved to 191-37-6 at their home, Lobo Stadium, dating back to the opening in 1976.
                              • The win at Lobo Stadium at the 18th consecutive victory at home, dating back to a 2016 loss against John Tyler.
                              • Longview improved to 73-5 under head coach John King at Lobo Stadium.
                              • Since becoming head coach of Longview in 2004, John King has registered a 47-1 record in district contests at Lobo Stadium.
                              • John King improved to 14-0 as head coach against the Tyler Lee Red Raiders.
                              • John King improved to 7-0 against Tyler Lee in Longview.
                              • John King’s 14 wins against Tyler Lee ranks 2nd for most wins over a single opponent in the John King era (dating back to 2004). Only Marshall (15 wins) has suffered more losses to John King coach teams.
                              • Friday’s meeting with the 60th time the two programs have faced off on the gridiron. The 60 meetings against a single opponent is 5th all-time in school history.
                              • Longview’s 49-7 victory over the Tyler Lee Red Raiders was Longview’s 44th all-time against the Raiders. The 44 wins over a single opponent ranks for 3rd most in school history.
                              • Longview’s 49-7 victory on Friday, marked Longview’s 15th consecutive victory over the Red Raiders. The 15 wins in a row is the second longest winning streak over a single team in school history.
                              • It is the second time in school history that Longview was won 15 or more in a row over a single opponent.
                              • Longview has scored 45 points or more in seven consecutive meetings against the Red Raiders, the longest such streak in school history.
                              • Tyler Lee held Longview under 50 points for the first time since 2011, when the Lobos managed just 45 points against Lee.
                              • Since 2011, Longview has outscored Tyler Lee 382 to 107. 35 of the 107 points came in one contest.
                              • Longview’s victory on Friday continued a school record for consecutive wins, with their 25th victory in a row, dating back to a 2017 loss against Waco Midway (28-26).
                              • Longview’s 25 straight victories continues to be the longest active winning streak in the State of Texas (for the fifth consecutive week). Grandview, who held the second longest streak at 19 games in a row, lost on Friday.
                              • Longview’s 25 straight wins marks just the third time in East Texas football history, on the top two levels of Texas football (Class 6A & Class 5A), that an East Texas program has won 25 consecutive football games. John Tyler’s 26 wins in a row (1972 to 1974) and John Tyler’s 27 wins in a row (1994 to 1996) remain the longest current streaks by an East Texas 6A or 5A program.
                              • The longest current streak in East Texas history is 40 games by Carthage from 2016 to 2018.
                              • Longview’s victory also upped their regular season streak to 25 wins in a row, dating back to Sept 22nd, 2017 in a loss at Mesquite Horn. The 25 wins in a row during the regular season is the second longest in school history.
                              • Friday’s win also marked the 17th consecutive district victory for Longview, dating back to a Sept 22nd, 2017 52-34 loss at Mesquite Horn.
                              • Longview’s 17-game district winning streak is tied for third longest in school history. The Lobos have a chance to tie the second longest winning streak this season, at 18.
                              • John King improved to 89-6 in district contests as head coach of Longview.
                              • John King also improved to 15-1 in the fifth district game of the season.
                              • Longview’s 49-7 victory over Tyler Lee marked the 214th consecutive game that Longview has avoided a shut out, a school record, dating back to Nov 6th, 2003 against Lufkin (0-14). The second longest streak in school history stands at 96 games (10/20/95 to 10/31/03).
                              • Longview improved to 10-2-1 all-time in games played on November 1st, winning their second in a row on the date. Longview’s last loss on 11/01 came in 1996.
                              • Longview improved to 60-32-6 all-time in their ninth game of the season, winning their 20th in a row dating back to a 1999 loss vs John Tyler, 36-27.
                              • Longview improved to 16-0 in their ninth game of the season under head coach, John King.
                              • Longview’s shut out streak broke at seven quarters following Tyler Lee’s last minute touchdown in the 4th quarter.
                              • The Mean Green defense lost their 4th shut out of the season with just a minute to go. It would have been their first 4 game shut out in a single season since 1985.
                              • Through 9 games, Longview’s highest points allowed in a single game has been 21, the longest Longview was gone without giving up 22 or more points since 1994, when the Lobos did not allow 22 or more points in a game until their 10th game of the season (34 points).
                              • Longview has allowed just 20 points in their last 16 quarters of second half action.
                              • The Lobo defense has been stifling so far in district play, allowing just 43 total points through five district contests.
                              • Longview’s 71 points allowed is the lowest the Lobos have allowed during the regular season since 1985, when the Lobos allowed just 42 total points.
                              • Dating back to the start of the 2018 season, Longview has scored 40 or more points in 21 of their last 24 contests.
                              • Longview’s 49 points against North marked the 13th consecutive district contest the Lobos have scored 40 or more in. Longview’s last district game to be held under 40 points came in 2017 at John Tyler (28).
                              • Longview has scored 20 or more points in 48 consecutive district contests, dating back to being held to just 17 points in 2012 at Mesquite Horn.
                              • Tyler Lee was held to 100 total yards on Friday night, the fourth time in nine games the Lobos have held an opponent to 100 or fewer yards in a game.
                              • Longview held the Red Raiders to 77 rushing yards on Friday night, the 7th time in 9 games this season the Lobos have held an opponent to 100 or fewer rushing yards.
                              • Longview held Tyler Lee to 23 passing yards on Friday night, the fewest since allowing just 14 against West Monroe earlier this season.
                              • The Lobos have held five opponents to 100 or fewer passing yards so far this season, surpassing last season’s total through 16 games of holding four teams to under 100 yards passing.
                              • Longview has surrendered just 634 total rushing yards this season, the least amount since 2012 allowed 897 through 9 games.
                              Player Records - Longview 49, Tyler Lee 7 - November 1st, 2019
                              • Haynes King started his 36th game in a row as Lobo quarterback on Friday.
                              • Haynes King improved to 35-1 as a starter, a school record for wins by a starting quarterback.
                              • Haynes King threw his 79th, 80th, 81st and 82nd touchdown pass in his Lobo career, the most by a Lobo quarterback.
                              • Haynes King’s four touchdown night as the 27th multi-touchdown game of his career, the most in school history. It was his fourth this season.
                              • Haynes King threw for four touchdowns on Friday night, the 16th time a Lobo quarterback has thrown for four or more in school history. It was King’s 6th such game.
                              • Haynes King reached the 100 touchdown mark with his 4th quarter strike to Kaden Kearbey. King has 82 passing scores, 17 rushing scores and 1 receiving mark.
                              • Kaden Meredith rushed for his 15th rushing touchdown of the season on Friday, and his 16th touchdown overall on the year.
                              • Kaden Meredith now has 28 total touchdowns as a Lobo, 10th most in school history by a single player.
                              • Kaden Meredith also has 26 rushing touchdowns as a Lobo after Friday’s three-touchdown night, pushing him into a tie for 12th most in school history in rushing touchdowns.
                              • Phillip Washington caught the first touchdown reception of the season, and the first of his career.
                              • Kyas Moore hauled in his third touchdown of the season in the third quarter, and fourth of his career.
                              • Jalen Hale hauled in his third touchdown of the season, and third of his career.
                              • Jalen Hale’s 3rd touchdown of the season marked the most by a freshmen since the early 1920s.
                              • Kaden Kearbey’s hauled in his fourth touchdown of the season, and ninth of his career.
                              • Kaden Kearbey’s fourth quarter touchdown pushed him into a tie for 9th most touchdowns by a receiver in school history.
                              • Patrick Webb recorded the first touchdown of his career with his third quarter interception return for a score.
                              • Patrick Webb’s fourth quarter interception return for a touchdown marked just the third time in school history that a player has recorded two defensive touchdowns in the same game in school history.
                              • Patrick Webb’s two defensive scores, tied for a school record for most defensive scores in the same game by a single player, is the first time a Lobo has recorded two defensive scores since Wright Johnson tallied twice in 1943 against Gladewater.
                              • Patrick Webb’s 58-yard interception return is tied for the 22nd longest interception return in school history.

Comment

• Originally posted by AE Fan View Post
                                Lobo, as we head into the final regular season game I want to thank you for your district updates every week the last few seasons (not sure when you started). I look forward to reading them every Monday morning. Cheers to you!
                                Thank ya good sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X