• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post
    Lmaooooo yeeeea right

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
      It'll be interesting to see how we handle the 'big backs' coming along the way.

Odum is a load at Foster in 7th grade, Elijah Johnson on Judson 8th is....you know I don't even have the words to describe how special he is.

Then you have big FB's Garrett Jessie and Amarian Shaw in the 9th grade.
      The Odum kid has amazing upside. He's definitely going to be a problem for my guys in future. Typical tough big back from Longview.

Comment

• Quincy Grant has a kid that is in high school? I feel so old right now. As if Haynes being a senior in high school didn't make me feel old enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by MenOfValor View Post

Lmaooooo yeeeea right
          Glad you came back around and didn’t run off like usual...solid front 7 on that defense...took the Lobos a little time to adjust...

and for real....good luck against Horn

Comment

• Originally posted by ragtag2007 View Post
            Quincy Grant has a kid that is in high school? I feel so old right now. As if Haynes being a senior in high school didn't make me feel old enough.
            I know right I remember seeing Haynes seems not to long ago on the side lines throwing the ball around as a small kid with Logan

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthias View Post

Really would've liked to see the younger Cox this season, but he'll be bigger and stronger by August.
              There is no doubt Connor Cox would have been our starting LT this year as a sophomore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post

Glad you came back around and didn’t run off like usual...solid front 7 on that defense...took the Lobos a little time to adjust...

and for real....good luck against Horn
                I don't have to run from nothing. As for Lee , We young and kinda inexperienced,hopefully we get better. Bryson Donnell didn't play but it didn't make a difference. If Jamarion Miller couldn't get a yard,he probably wouldn't either but on to the next. Longview is a very good team and a good defense. My opinion from seeing them,I still don't think they as good overall than last year but the defense is. Offensively their kinda inconsistent during the passing game but capable of making big plays and overall still capable of making a deep run at it and win it all because they are very experienced. That's a extra for them and that could be the trait that still allows them to get the gold ball again despite the inconsistencies.
                Last edited by MenOfValor; 11-03-2019, 05:12 AM.

Comment

I don't have to run from nothing. As for Lee , We young and kinda inexperienced,hopefully we get better. Bryson Donnell didn't play but it didn't make a difference. If Jamarion Miller couldn't get a yard,he probably wouldn't either but on to the next. Longview is a very good team and a good defense. My opinion from seeing them,I still don't think they as good overall than last year but the defense is. Offensively their kinda inconsistent during the passing game but capable of making big plays and overall still capable of making a deep run at it and win it all because they are very experienced. That's a extra for them and that could be the trait that still allows them to get the gold ball again despite the inconsistencies.
                  What who are you!? Gave us props no excuses like we cheated wow

Comment

Who on earth is this? Lord knows it isn't rapture.
                    THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                    5A Division 1, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalist
                    40 District Championships
                    '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                    '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                    '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
                    '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14 Area Finalist
                    '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by Gametyme View Post
                      I think Temple will have the best offense Longview will have seen this year.
                      No offense will be better than the Rockwall offense, no matter what our defense did to them.

Second best sure, I can see that, but nope, sorry. Rockwall by far the best.

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Thanks for the props...Lee has a lot to look forward to...I really believe Midway better not come into the game with Lee (if you beat horn) thinking they can easily win...going to be in for a surprise

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

No offense will be better than the Rockwall offense, no matter what our defense did to them.

Second best sure, I can see that, but nope, sorry. Rockwall by far the best.
                          Also don't know if we see a defense like we saw vs West Monroe our lowest points scored all year

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                            Meredith at RB...
                            Markevion Haynes was starting FB until injury, he'll be back...
                            Jalen Hale and Cedric Hopkins will return in the WR corps..
                            2 of our 3 main TE's return (Pencheon and Beltran)
                            One will return on the OL (LG Sterling)

Biggest hole offensively will be QB, but we have an idea of who will fill the hole. Replacing 4 OL but, never a problem at Longview.

Joe Jones will return on the DL...
                            Laqualon Hale returning at LB, he shares starting position with Cedric Smith..
                            Kybo Jackson-Jamerson returns at SS/down safety...
                            Shannon Jackson and Tyree Hale (currently filling in for Robert Pierce) will be back for the back safety positions'.

We lose two great DE's but we have two talented DE's in the 2022 class that'll fill those holes.
                            Tyshawn Taylor graduates at one of the middle LB positions, but 2022 LB Devean Isaac is a solid player who has been seeing varsity time as a sophomore in rotation this year
                            The biggest thing to address here will be the CB position.
                            One thing to add about the CB position...

If you all remember, CB2 was a big concern coming into the season. Pat Webb has more than held his own at the position this season...leading the team in INTs. Shoutout to him.

JR Dylan Davis was in the mix before his season ending injury in fall practices. I'd expect him to have CB1 spot next season. He has similar situation as Connor Cox, underclassman who had a good chance of starting up until injury before the season.

Comment

• AFTER WEEK TEN -

9-6A
                              1) Allen (9-0, 6-0)
                              2) Dallas Jesuit (5-4, 4-2)
                              3) Prosper (7-2, 4-2)
                              4) Plano (5-4, 3-3)
                              5) McKinney (5-4, 3-3)
                              6) McKinney Boyd (3-6, 2-4)
                              7) Plano West (1-8, 1-5)
                              8) Plano East (1-8, 1-5)
                              Eliminated:
                              Plano West, Plano East

10-6A
                              1) Garland Sachse (7-2, 5-1)
                              2) Wylie (5-4, 5-1)
                              3) Garland Lakeview Centennial (6-3, 4-2)
                              4) Rowlett (4-5, 4-2)
                              5) Garland Naaman Forest (2-7, 3-3)
                              6) North Garland (5-4, 2-4)
                              7) Garland (3-6, 1-5)
                              8) South Garland (1-8, 0-6)
                              Eliminated:
                              South Garland, Garland

11-6A
                              1) Longview (9-0, 5-0)
                              2) Rockwall (8-2, 5-1)
                              3) Mesquite (7-2, 3-2)
                              4) Tyler Lee (5-4, 2-3)
                              5) Mesquite Horn (2-6, 2-3)
                              6) Rockwall Heath (4-5, 1-4)
                              7) North Mesquite (2-7, 0-5)
                              Eliminated:
                              Rockwall Heath, North Mesquite

12-6A
                              1) Waco Midway (6-3, 6-1)
                              2) Temple (7-2, 6-1)
                              3) Killeen Shoemaker (6-3, 5-2)
                              4) Killeen Harker Heights (4-5, 4-3)
                              5) Belton (3-6, 3-4)
                              6) Killeen (2-7, 2-5)
                              7) Killeen Ellison (3-7, 3-5)
                              8) Copperas Cove (3-6, 2-5)
                              9) Waco (1-8, 1-6)
                              Eliminated:
                              Waco, Killeen Ellison, Killeen, Copperas Cove

13-6A
                              1) Austin Vandegrift (9-0, 7-0)
                              2) Round Rock Stony Point (7-2, 5-2)
                              3) Cedar Park Vista Ridge (7-2, 5-2)
                              4) Round Rock Cedar Ridge (5-4, 4-3)
                              5) Round Rock (6-3, 4-3)
                              6) Round Rock Westwood (4-5, 3-4)
                              7) Round Rock McNeil (3-6, 2-5)
                              8) Pflugerville Hendrickson (3-6, 2-5)
                              9) Leander (0-10, 0-8)
                              Eliminated:
                              Leander, Round Rock McNeil, Pflugerville Hendrickson, Round Rock Westwood

14-6A
                              1) Cypress Ranch (7-2, 6-1)
                              2) Cypress Woods (6-3, 6-1)
                              3) Tomball Memorial (8-1, 6-1)
                              4) Cypress Bridgeland (7-2, 5-2)
                              5) Cypress Lakes (5-5, 4-4)
                              6) Cypress Park (3-6, 3-4)
                              7) Houston Langham Creek (1-8, 1-6)
                              8) Bryan (2-7, 1-6)
                              9) Cypress Springs (0-9, 0-7)
                              Eliminated:
                              Cypress Springs, Bryan, Houston Langham Creek, Cypress Park, Cypress Lakes

15-6A
                              1) Klein Collins (9-1, 7-1)
                              2) Klein Oak (8-1, 6-1)
                              3) The Woodlands (5-4, 4-3)
                              4) Conroe (5-4, 4-3)
                              5) Klein Cain (5-4, 4-3)
                              6) The Woodlands College Park (5-4, 3-4)
                              7) Klein (4-5, 3-4)
                              8) Conroe Oak Ridge (2-7, 1-6)
                              9) Klein Forest (0-9, 0-7)
                              Eliminated:
                              Klein Forest, Conroe Oak Ridge, Klein, The Woodlands College Park

16-6A
                              1) Spring Westfield (8-1, 6-0)
                              2) Spring (7-2, 5-1)
                              3) Spring DeKaney (7-2, 4-2)
                              4) Aldine MacArthur (5-4, 4-2)
                              5) Aldine Eisenhower (3-6, 3-3)
                              6) Aldine Benjamin Davis (3-6, 2-4)
                              7) Aldine Nimitz (2-7, 0-6)
                              8) Aldine (1-8, 0-6)
                              Eliminated:
                              Aldine, Aldine Nimitz, Aldine Benjamin Davis

CURRENT PROJECTIONS | Bold = Clinched
                              W9. Dallas Jesuit vs R10. Garland Lakeview Centennial
                              W11. Longview vs R12. Temple
                              W13. Austin Vandegrift vs R14. Cypress Bridgeland
                              W15. Klein Oak vs R16. Spring DeKaney

R9. McKinney vs W10. Wylie
                              R11. Tyler Lee vs W12. Waco Midway
                              R13. Cedar Park Vista Ridge vs W14. Tomball Memorial
                              R15. Klein Collins vs W16. Spring Westfield

Comment

• Region II overview following Week 10 of Texas High School Football…

9-6A -
                                Ohhhh boy. What a week for 9-6A. Let’s get the obvious one out of the way, Allen creamed Prosper, 35-7. Now, all hell broke loose everywhere else. Dallas Jesuit needed a win to lock everything in. They lost. McKinney won 24-21. Plano needed a win to lock everything up. They lost. McKinney Boyd won 28-0!!! What a HORRENDOUS loss for the Wildcats. And on top of that, the cellar team Plano West…who had not won a game since 2016, came back from three scores down in the final four minutes to knock off Plano East, 36-35. What a weird, weird, WEIRD district. So we end the regular season with Allen at Plano West, Plano at Prosper, Plano East at Dallas Jesuit and McKinney against McKinney Boyd. Diving in, every single game other than Allen/Plano West has playoff implications. Allen, Dallas Jesuit and Prosper are all going to the post season. But seeding, and that fourth spot is all open. What we do know, Prosper will either be D1 #2 or D2 #2. They can not finish in the top spot in either division. A win by Prosper over Plano, will send the Wildcats home AND Prosper to Division I. A Plano loss makes that McKinney vs McKinney Boyd a defacto playoff game, as Plano would finish 3-4, and then McKinney would either finish 4-3 and have a better record or Boyd will finish 3-4 and have the tiebreaker over both. A Plano win would send the Wildcats to D1 #2, Jesuit to D2 #1 and Prosper D2 #2. Apparently, there’s still a way McKinney can finish in the top spot in D2 according to some on Twitter. But I have no idea how that would be possible since Jesuit beat the Lions and both would have to finish 4-3. Anyways, a lot to play for in this district still. I am just stunned by that Plano loss so I’m going with Allen, Dallas Jesuit, Prosper and McKinney to finish it out.

10-6A -
                                Lots still to play for in this district. This week, Wylie defeated North, 38-28, Sachse beat South, 41-20, Lakeview dominated Rowlett, 39-13, and Naaman set up the big game with a win over garland, 36-21. This week, North takes on Garland in two teams not going to the post season. South takes on Wylie, Naaman takes on Lakeview in the big one and Rowlett takes on Sachse. So let’s dive in. Sachse can clinch top spot in D1 with a win. A Rowlett loss, and we turn to the Naaman vs Lakeview game to determine everything. A Rowlett loss and a Lakeview win, and we’re set with Sachse, Rowlett in D1 and Wylie, Lakeview in D2. It is important to remember that Wylie did lose to Lakeview, so if the Pirates lose to South (which realistically isn’t going to happen but..), then Lakeview could be the #1 seed in D2. Now if a Rowlett loss and a Naaman win happens, Rowlett would be out and that would send Wylie to Division I and Naaman would have the #1 seed in D2. Lakeview Centennial has been red hot recently, so I’m not picking against them. I’m goin with Sachse, Wylie, Lakeview Centennial and Rowlet as the top 4 in that order.

11-6A -
                                Not a ton to discuss but…Longview has clinched top spot in D2. Rockwall has clinched top spot in D1. Mesquite will be the #2 seed in D1. That gives us the Mesquite Horn at Tyler Lee game to decide who will be the #2 spot in D2. I’m going with Lee right now.

12-6A -
                                Two weeks ago, I talked about Waco Midway having a real possibility of missing the post season. They’ve followed that up with two dominating wins over the previous top two teams. This week, the Panthers rolled over Temple, 52-28. Shoemaker clinched a playoff berth with a 34-28 victory over Copperas Cove. Ellison finally got off the losing streak with surprising 50-18 domination of Killeen. And in the big shocker, Belton fell to Waco, 24-21. So right now, Waco Midway, Temple and Shoemaker are in and it’s down to Belton or Harker Heights for that final spot. Midway and Temple will be Division 2. If Midway defeats Belton this week, the Panthers will be top spot in D2 and send Temple to the #2 spot. If Midway falls and Temple wins, then the Wildcats clinch top spot and the Panthers will be the #2 seed. If both falls, Midway is top spot. Now for Harker Heights and Belton. The Knights take on Shoemaker this week. If Shoemaker wins, they’re the top spot in D1. If they fall, then Harker Heights clinches top spot and Shoemaker will be #2. If Shoemaker defeated Harker Heights, the Knights still can get in. They would just need Belton to lose. Which is what I’m going with. Waco Midway, Temple, Killeen Shoemaker and Killeen Harker Heights as my top four.

13-6A -
                                This district is just absolutely insane. Just when you think you had everything figured out, you don’t. Round Rock suffered their third loss after looking early on to be big competition for Vandegrift, losing this week to an underperforming Pflugerville Hendrickson squad, 35-28. Which sets up Cedar Ridge, who’s continue their unreal comeback as the Raiders defeated McNeil, 38-21. Stony Point clinched a playoff berth and sent Round Rock Westwood home with a 45-28 victory. And Vandegrift continued to roll, 55-3, over Leander. So this week we have Cedar Ridge at Westwood, Hendrickson at McNeil, Vandegrift hosting Stony Point and the huge one, Vista Ridge at Round Rock. Ok so the important thing to remember is that Round Rock already lost to Cedar Ridge. Vandegrift and Stony Point are in, despite the Tigers having a 5-2 record and could be 5-3 in the hot mess that is possible. Vista Ridge is in with a victory. Cedar Ridge should be in with a victory and a loss by Round Rock. Round Rock is in an absolute must win situation, and they need to do it in style. If they don’t win by a certain amount, they’re in trouble and will need some help. They need Cedar Ridge to desperately lose. There’s going to be some point tiebreaker thing in this district, it’s just going to happen. Vandy should beat Stony Point, so that would put the Tigers 5-3. So we look at Vista Ridge vs Round Rock and Cedar Ridge vs Westwood. I don’t see CR losing to WW. That’ll put the Raiders at 5-3. The big decider then becomes VR and RR. The way Round Rock is playing, I think it’s crazy to go with them tbh. I’ll go with my top 4 being Vandy, Vista Ridge, Stony Point and Cedar Ridge. The big thing is that all of this decides the seeding for D1, and if VR some how misses, it would send Stony Point to D2.

14-6A -
                                This district was all wrapped up this week, as Bridgeland knocked off Cy Lakes, 56-41. The only thing left to decide is the district championship. Cy Woods takes on Bryan and Tomball Memorial takes on Cy Ranch. Cy Woods should beat Bryan, but it might be closer than it should be with the lose of the starting QB for the Wildcats. A win and Cy Woods clinches a share of the crown. A loss, and the winner of Memorial/Ranch is the district champion. A win, and the winner of Memorial/Ranch will be co champions with the Wildcats. Playoff wise, Cy Ranch needs a win to clinch top spot in D1. If they lose, Cy Woods can clinch it with a win. If they both lose, Cy Ranch is top spot and Cy Woods in the #2 seed. Tomball Memorial has already clinched top spot in D2, and Bridgeland will be the #2 seed.

15-6A -
                                Still a lot to wrap up in this district. The big game of the week was Klein Collins defeating the Woodlands, 20-13. Another big game came in the form of Klein Cain losing to College Park, 24-21. Conroe knocked off Klein Forest, 49-17. And Klein knocked off Oak Ridge, 34-20. This week is massive. Klein Oak takes on Klein Cain, Oak Ridge takes on Conroe, College Park takes on Klein and Klein Forest takes on the Woodlands. The loss by the Hurricanes really diminished any chance they had of getting in, cause now they have to upset Klein Oak to get in. The Woodlands should have a lay up game this week, and should be counting the stars for the big upset loss by the Canes. There’s still a chance there could be a tiebreaker situation between all three, which I believe the Woodlands would lose out on, but it’s not going to happen. The Woodlands is not losing to Klein Forest, so put them at 5-3…which turns it to Klein Cain and Conroe. I really don’t think Cain is going to beat Oak, and they have to because Conroe defeated them earlier in the season and they have the head to head tiebreaker. So I’m going with the simple explanation right now of Collins, Oak, the Woodlands and Conroe making it. Which sends Oak to D2 and gives them the top spot.

16-6A -
                                So this week decided almost everything, but technically things are still not in stone. MacArthur knocked off Davis, 25-22, eliminating the Falcons. Spring clinched a playoff berth with a 49-21 win over Ike. So now we’re down to DeKaney/Eisenhower and Spring/MacArthur deciding who goes where. The likely outcome is both Spring schools winning, sending Westfield to D2. That all changes if Eisenhower is somehow able to upset DeKaney. So right now, Ike lost to MacArthur by 3, so they’re a -3. DeKaney beat MacArthur by 56. I don’t know the cap, but that would put them at the max. And MacArthur would probably be at the max negative. I’m almost positive that all Ike has to do to get into the post season to create a three way tie, ASSUMING that MacArthur loses to Spring, is beat the Wildcats. That would send Westfield to D1 and send MacArthur home. But it’s unlikely. So going with Westfield, Spring, DeKaney and Aldine MacArthur as my top 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X