*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lpack007 View Post

Maybe, but y'all aren't the Woodz. I don't think anyone in that district is even close to their level.
    West Brook still wouldn't finish top 4 in our district. Their showing tonight was flat out embarrassing.
    THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
    5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
    40 District Championships
    '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
    '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
    '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
    '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
    '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post

Horn/JT/Longview are going to destroy WB. I know I for sure want WB at Lobo 1st round. I remember their mouthy QB talking all types of trash at the Lufkin SQT this summer.
      Yes he did. Forgot that!
      LOBO4LIFE

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

West Brook still wouldn't finish top 4 in our district. Their showing tonight was flat out embarrassing.
        I'll get to see them next week, so I'll know more. But let's not act like the Woodz wouldn't blowout several teams in your district. I'm not just talking about Lee and Mesquite either. It's tough to score on their defense, because they tackle and cover so well. Very discipline. We just had the offense and a playmaker at Qb to do it. Also, with the way the offense is playing now, they would more than likely put up a lot of points. That Qb for them is much better than I expected. We all knew Wb was more than likely overrated from playing against weak opponents, but they still had talent and a lot of speed from talking to their fans and watching video on them. So, 72-7 is impressive on the road imo. And I try not to give the kilts too much credit, because It goes straight to their head and most are already arrogant. However, our coach that has been on our staff since the 90s even said this was the best Woodlands team of the last 10-12 years that he has coached against, so I don't think this beat down was all on Wb. Maybe the Woodz are that good this season. They did bring back a lot of players from last season. We'll see though, maybe I'm wrong. They get to play one team, maybe even two from your district in the playoffs.
        LSU
        LUFKIN PANTHERS

2001 5A DIVISION II State Champs

R.I.P Coach Outlaw

Comment

I'll get to see them next week, so I'll know more. But let's not act like the Woodz wouldn't blowout several teams in your district. I'm not just talking about Lee and Mesquite either. It's tough to score on their defense, because they tackle and cover so well. Very discipline. We just had the offense and a playmaker at Qb to do it. Also, with the way the offense is playing now, they would more than likely put up a lot of points. That Qb for them is much better than I expected. We all knew Wb was more than likely overrated from playing against weak opponents, but they still had talent and a lot of speed from talking to their fans and watching video on them. So, 72-7 is impressive on the road imo. And I try not to give the kilts too much credit, because It goes straight to their head and most are already arrogant. However, our coach that has been on our staff since the 90s even said this was the best Woodlands team of the last 10-12 years that he has coached against, so I don't think this beat down was all on Wb. Maybe the Woodz are that good this season. They did bring back a lot of players from last season. We'll see though, maybe I'm wrong. They get to play one team, maybe even two from your district in the playoffs.
          I was there. WB has a few athletes but very simplistic on offense and no defense. They do not bring a physical presence to the field. Yes, the Woodlands is good and discipline all the way around. They communicate well on the field and understand what they are trying to do. They Woodlands played a base 3-4 defense and tied up the Oline with the three down linemen and the linebackers were where they needed to be with the exception of the one 58 yard run by WB in the first quarter.

Yes, the Woodlands QB #3 is a little more shifty than you would have guessed, but you have to be discipline on defense to beat them, they will not beat themselves. At this point if you are running a spread offense, they will eat you alive if you do not have playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively you have to be able to make stops. The way you will beat the Woodlands, sound running game, the ability to pass and sound defense. They are beatable.

Back to WB, Lufkin should beat them by 3 scores. The difference beyond that will be if Lufkin brings their A game on defense which in that case, it will get ugly real soon. They are not very discipline. (they used two timeouts in the first quarter on trying to get the punt team on the field) Like I said, speed sweep, bubble screens and the read option is what they do on offense. That's It!! On defense, they CANNOT defense the read option and Kordell should have 300 passing yards on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbabi86 View Post

I was there. WB has a few athletes but very simplistic on offense and no defense. They do not bring a physical presence to the field. Yes, the Woodlands is good and discipline all the way around. They communicate well on the field and understand what they are trying to do. They Woodlands played a base 3-4 defense and tied up the Oline with the three down linemen and the linebackers were where they needed to be with the exception of the one 58 yard run by WB in the first quarter.

Yes, the Woodlands QB #3 is a little more shifty than you would have guessed, but you have to be discipline on defense to beat them, they will not beat themselves. At this point if you are running a spread offense, they will eat you alive if you do not have playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively you have to be able to make stops. The way you will beat the Woodlands, sound running game, the ability to pass and sound defense. They are beatable.

Back to WB, Lufkin should beat them by 3 scores. The difference beyond that will be if Lufkin brings their A game on defense which in that case, it will get ugly real soon. They are not very discipline. (they used two timeouts in the first quarter on trying to get the punt team on the field) Like I said, speed sweep, bubble screens and the read option is what they do on offense. That's It!! On defense, they CANNOT defense the read option and Kordell should have 300 passing yards on them.
            Thanks for the info Jbabi. I'm hoping the Pack can take care of business on Friday. Don't want to travel to lobo or Rose in the first round or any round for that matter. I'm sure their Qb #9(?), will give us problems though. Our front seven may match better with them, but the secondary is what it is without Savon back there.
            LSU
            LUFKIN PANTHERS

R.I.P Coach Outlaw

Comment

Thanks for the info Jbabi. I'm hoping the Pack can take care of business on Friday. Don't want to travel to lobo or Rose in the first round or any round for that matter. I'm sure their Qb #9(?), will give us problems though. Our front seven may match better with them, but the secondary is what it is without Savon back there.
              I can tell you that #15 was the QB for the majority of the night and he was not very good, no threat to run. #6 does have a little speed at receiver and he runs the wide receiver sweep. If Lufkin does not win comfortably, I would be VERY surprised.........

Comment

I'll get to see them next week, so I'll know more. But let's not act like the Woodz wouldn't blowout several teams in your district.
                I have no doubt the Woodlands would blow out several teams in our district. I personally believe they are that good (after watching the Lufkin game at least, will watch the WB game when they post it).

Still doesn't take away my comment about the Bruins not making the post season in our district.

Longview, John Tyler and Horn would rip them apart offensively (we'll confirm it in round one).

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

I have no doubt the Woodlands would blow out several teams in our district. I personally believe they are that good (after watching the Lufkin game at least, will watch the WB game when they post it).

Still doesn't take away my comment about the Bruins not making the post season in our district.

Longview, John Tyler and Horn would rip them apart offensively (we'll confirm it in round one).
                  I know y'all would. Wb wouldn't be able to stop your running game. Horn probably would too with the Qb they have. Just not sure about the Cujo. I thought JT would blowout Mesquite. I think it was 20-14? Not sure what's going on with them, unless someone is injured. They definitely have the talent to blowout Wb though. As for the Woodz game. I want to watch it too, but not sure Woodlandsonline show road games. At least they didn't for Cyfair and GR..
                  LSU
                  LUFKIN PANTHERS

R.I.P Coach Outlaw

Comment

• I don't see anyone beating the Woodz in D1 region 2. I'm betting they will be playing Allen for a chance to get to the finals. D2 will be much more difficult. It should come down toI exp which team is peaking at the right time. I expect alot of close games during the playoffs in that division.

Comment

I want to watch it too, but not sure Woodlandsonline show road games. At least they didn't for Cyfair and GR..
                      Ah damn. That's disappointing if so.

Comment

Just not sure about the Cujo. I thought JT would blowout Mesquite.
                        JT is doing what I thought they'd be doing all along, adjusting to 6A ball. I tried telling their fan base that they weren't dealing with Lindale or Jacksonville anymore prior to the season, but you know how they are. JT will lose at least 3 district games...possibly 4 if Lee continues to own them.

Anyway, I think JT would beat WB by about 2 TD's. Horn and Longview would beat them down pretty good though.

Comment

• AFTER WEEK SEVEN -

9-6A
                          1) Dallas Jesuit (3-3, 3-0)
                          2) Coppell (4-2, 2-1)
                          3) Richardson Berkner (4-2, 2-1)
                          4) Dallas Skyline (2-4, 2-1)
                          5) Lake Highlands (2-4, 1-2)
                          6) Richardson Pearce (2-4, 1-2)
                          7) Dallas W.T. White (2-4, 1-2)
                          8) Richardson (0-6, 0-3)
                          Eliminated:

10-6A
                          1) Rowlett (6-0, 2-0)
                          2) Garland Sachse (6-0, 2-0)
                          3) Garland Naaman Forest (4-3, 2-1)
                          4) Garland Lakeview Centennial (4-2, 1-1)
                          5) Garland (2-5, 1-2)
                          6) North Garland (2-5, 1-2)
                          7) South Garland (0-7, 0-3)
                          Eliminated:

11-6A
                          1) Longview (5-1, 3-0)
                          2) John Tyler (5-1, 2-1)
                          3) Mesquite Horn (4-2, 2-1)
                          4) Rockwall Heath (4-2, 2-1)
                          5) North Mesquite (3-3, 2-1)
                          6) Rockwall (1-5, 1-2)
                          7) Mesquite (2-4, 0-3)
                          8) Tyler Lee (2-4, 0-3)
                          Eliminated:

12-6A
                          1) The Woodlands (6-0, 2-0)
                          2) Beaumont West Brook (6-1, 2-1)
                          3) Montgomery (5-2, 2-1)
                          4) Conroe Oak Ridge (4-3, 2-1)
                          5) Lufkin (4-2, 1-1)
                          6) Conroe (3-3, 0-2)
                          7) The Woodlands College Park (0-7, 0-3)
                          Eliminated:

13-6A
                          1) Round Rock Cedar Ridge (7-0, 3-0)
                          2) Round Rock (4-2, 2-0)
                          3) Pflugerville (3-4, 2-1)
                          4) Round Rock Westwood (4-2, 1-1)
                          5) Round Rock McNeil (3-4, 1-2)
                          6) Pflugerville Hendrickson (1-4, 0-2)
                          7) Round Rock Stony Point (1-6, 0-3)
                          Eliminated:

14-6A
                          1) Austin Bowie (5-1, 1-0)
                          2) San Marcos (3-3, 1-0)
                          3) Austin Anderson (2-4, 1-0)
                          4) Austin Akins (2-4, 0-1)
                          5) Del Valle (2-4, 0-1)
                          6) Manor (1-5, 0-1)
                          Eliminated:

15-6A
                          1) Klein Collins (5-1, 3-0)
                          2) Spring Branch Houston Stratford (5-1, 3-0)
                          3) Klein (4-2, 2-1)
                          4) Klein Oak (3-2, 2-1)
                          5) Klein Forest (1-5, 1-2)
                          6) Spring Branch Houston Memorial (1-5, 1-2)
                          7) Spring Branch Houston Northbrook (1-5, 0-3)
                          8) Spring Branch Houston Spring Woods (1-5, 0-3)
                          Eliminated:

16-6A
                          1) Spring Westfield (3-3, 3-0)
                          2) Spring (4-2, 2-1)
                          3) Aldine Benjamin Davis (3-3, 2-1)
                          4) Aldine Nimitz (3-3, 2-1)
                          5) Spring DeKaney (2-4, 2-1)
                          6) Aldine MacArthur (2-4, 1-2)
                          7) Aldine (0-6, 0-3)
                          8) Aldine Eisenhower (0-6, 0-3)
                          Eliminated:

CURRENT PROJECTIONS
                          W9. Dallas Jesuit vs R10. Garland Naaman Forest
                          W11. Longview vs R12. Beaumont West Brook
                          W13. Round Rock Westwood vs R14. Austin Anderson
                          W15. Klein Collins vs R16. Aldine Nimitz

R9. Lake Highlands vs W10. Garland Lakeview Centennial
                          R11. John Tyler vs W12. Lufkin
                          R13. Pflugerville vs W14. San Marcos
                          R15. Spring Branch Houston Stratford vs W16. Spring DeKaney

Comment

• How to look at things after Week Seven -

9-6A:
                            One thing can be said about Jesuit….they haven’t let their 0-3 start to the season bring them down in district play. After three consecutive blow out losses, the Rangers have turned things around and rushed to a 3-0 start in district play behind three consecutive blow out victories. Jesuit’s latest victim was Dallas Skyline who fell by a 53-12 count this past Friday. With just Richardson ISD schools and WT White left on the district slate, the Rangers should just coast into their round 1 game against a Garland ISD school. Skyline, on the other hand, has their second huge match up playoff wise coming up. The Raiders will take on the Rams of Richardson Berkner this coming Friday in a huge, huge game for the playoff race in which a win by Berkner could send the district into a 3-way tie for 3rd and 4th place. Elsewhere last week, we saw Coppell dominate Lake Highlands and Berkner roll over Richardson Pearce. WT White kept their faint playoff hopes alive wth a three score win over Richardson. The Eagles are the last winless team in district play in 9-6A, and will be facing elimination this week when it plays Lake Highlands. The Wildcats remain in a great spot after defeating Berkner earlier in the year. Jesuit is the last .500 or above record lepton Lake Highlands’ schedule, which should see them into the playoffs. Coppell plays WT White and Pearce plays Jesuit in the other two contests this coming week. A win by Skyline this week over Berkner would all but seal the top four of Lake Highlands, Skyline, Coppell and Jesuit.

10-6A:
                            By the skin of their teeth, North Garland knocked off South Garland (by two points) to pick up their first victory of the 10-6A district season while also sending South to an 0-7 record for the third straight year. The Colonels are all but eliminated from the playoff race and can be officially eliminated with a loss to Rowlett this Friday night. North kept their extremely faint playoff hopes alive with the win, but will need to upset Lakeview in two weeks to keep those alive. Elsewhere, Sachse put claim on being the best in the district with a 46 point thrashing of Garland High. The Owls are in trouble but could turn things in their favor with a win against Lakeview this coming Friday night, in a game that will likely decide if the Owls season continues past Week 11 or not. Elsewhere, Rowlett remained undefeated with a 21-point win over Naaman Forest. It was the Rangers’ first district loss of the season. I don’t see the top four changing to be honest. Garland is not good this year, and Lakeview is definitely better than their average squad. We’ll see this Friday though. Naaman is off while Rowlett takes on South/Sachse takes on North.

11-6A:
                            Big off week turns into another huge week for the district in Week Eight. Mesquite and Tyler Lee both sit at 0-3 in district play and both will face elimination this coming Friday when the two squads face off against one another. Also, John Tyler and Rockwall Heath both look to remain in the district championship race when they face off for the first time since 2013 when the Hawks travel to the Rose City. Longview, the only undefeated team left in 11-6A play, travels to a healing North Mesquite squad who jumped back into the district race after an upset win over the Hawks two weeks ago. In another huge game, Rockwall looks to keep from starting 1-3 in district play when they host Mesquite Horn, who is clinging any hope of a district championship after rebounding with two solid wins following a district opening loss to the Lobos. I want to say we’ll know more about things after this week, but outside of one of Lee/Mesquite being eliminated I don’t think we’ll figure out too much in the end.

12-6A:
                            Let it be known, the Woodlands are the top dog in all of Region II and they’re letting everyone know about it. The Highlanders handed Beaumont West Brook their worst ever loss in school history with a resounding 72-7 victory at Beaumont this past Friday night. The win really all but clinches a district championship for the Highlanders already as they are the lone team in 12-6A without a district loss. This week, they host Oak Ridge who kept their playoff hopes alive with a three score win over winless College Park. The Cavaliers dropped to 0-3 in district play and could see their playoff hopes end this coming week when they take on Conroe. College Park is the only team in 12-6A play that has a losing record. Conroe took a huge shot to their playoff chances this past Friday when they lost to Montgomery. The Bears improved to 2-1 and now hold wins over Oak Ridge and Conroe, arguably the two teams they’d have to beat to get into that 4th spot. West Brook gets back to action when they travel to Lufkin, in a game that will in all reality decide who gets top seed in Division II. I really can’t see Oak Ridge and Conroe getting back into this race after losses to Montgomery, but we’ll see how West Brook responds to getting absolutely blown out by the Highlanders.

13-6A:
                            Cedar Ridge is all but locked into a playoff spot and could potentially clinch thing this week depending on how things go. But what they probably won’t know until the final week of the season is which division they’ll be going in. The Raiders dominated Stony Point as the Tigers saw their unbelievably disappointing season continue to the ring of an 0-3 start in district play and face a huge showdown with Westwood that could see their playoff dreams end. Elsewhere, Round Rock made their statement with a blowout win over Pflugerville in a game that saw the Panthers lose their undefeated mark in district play. Round Rock and Cedar Ridge face off this coming Friday in the battle of the last undefeated district marks in 13-6A. McNeil kept their playoff hopes alive this past Friday when they pulled the massive upset over Round Rock Westwood, in a 27-24 win. McNeil takes on another huge opponent on Friday when they take on Hendrickson, who sits at 0-2 in district play and faces a huge hole if they were to lose. I still think Westwood will make the playoffs but Cedar Ridge needs Round Rock AND Hendrickson to make the big dance to go to Division II. Hendrickson hasn’t had a good season at all, but this district is so up and down (outside of Cedar Ridge) who really knows what’s going to happen. We’ll definitely know a lot more after this coming Friday with the big match ups this week.

14-6A:
                            For the two new comers, San Marcos and Manor, to 6A…things couldn’t of gotten off to a more different start in district play. Austin Anderson asserted their dominance and sent Manor to a resounding defeat in their first ever district 6A game. Manor now sits at 1-5 on the season. Elsewhere, San Marcos dominated Austin Akins in their debut and now improved to .500 overall on the season. Austin Bowie rolled over Del Valle, 35-17, in both of their district opening game. The win for San Marcos was huge towards the playoffs, especially in a district where there’s just 5 games to play. I still think Del Valle is good enough to beat the rest of this district and expect to see them make the playoffs. This district is just so bad to be honest. Anderson winning over Manor, in the way they did, was a bit of a surprise but it definitely was an eye opener for Manor in their first 6A game. They’ll get an even bigger eye opener this week when they host Austin Bowie. San Marcos and Del Valle face off against one another while Austin Anderson looks to get a huge set up on Austin Akins in the playoff race when they face off.

15-6A:
                            The only thing left for Klein Collins this regular season is to win the district championship. All they really need is a win over Stratford and they’ll be good to go. They face off in two weeks but they once again made their statement with a 63-0 win over Klein Forest. Elsewhere, Klein Oak won their way back into the playoff race with a big win over Klein and Stratford remained undefeated in district play with a closer than expected win over Spring Branch Spring Woods. Spring Branch Memorial got their first win of the season as they defeated Spring Branch Northbrook. I mean, there’s really not much to say. The Klein schools are crazy better than the Spring Branch Houston schools (outside of Stratford) and it isn’t even close. Klein Forest is not sitting pretty right now, but they still have two chances to make things up on their own when they take on Klein this week and then Klein Oak in the final week of the season. If Forest loses this week to Klein, I can’t see them getting back into things. But potentially things could break down to a 3-way tie among Klein, Klein Oak and Klein Forest. North Brook and Spring Woods face potential elimination this week when they take on Klein Oak and Klein Collins respectively.

16-6A:
                            If there was any question bout Benjamin Davis being real enough to take on the Spring schools, well that question has been answered big time. Spring rolled all over Aldine Davis with a 62-22 victory. Elsewhere, Westfield blew out Macarthur..Dekaney dominated Eisenwhower..and finally Nimitz got the big win over Aldine. The Spring schools will make the playoffs, it’s just a matter of which Aldine school is going to get in. The two front runners have to be Benjamin Davis and Nimitz, obviously. The two don’t square off until Oct 29th. Westfield shouldn’t be tested the rest of the way, after already beating both Spring schools in blow out fashion. DeKaney and Spring, who are most likely competing for 2nd place overall in the district, face off on Oct 21st. I don’t think we’ll know much until the 21st and 29th when those two games are. Eisenhower and Aldine face elimination this week.

Comment

• la la
                              la la la la
                              LOBO4LIFE

Comment

• 4 votes for Longview this week. Up to #14 overall.

Why Klein Collins isn't ranked ahead of us is beyond me (fact that Trinity and Guyer are still getting votes too doesn't make sense to me....not to mention 1-5 Byron Nelson got a vote as well LOL).

Comment

Working...
                                X