*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post

Lousiville been throwing some major NIL stuff around man. Not sure what it is, but their '23 class is also pretty loaded. Owens heading to SJB to play with 6 other commits there. Both Owens and Baxter are the tops dogs in the class, in terms of RB's. Either one is a great get. They're definitely about to get Baxter, already crystal balled in, straight after Arch committed, lol. Cook likely commits this weekend on his OV.

Would love to get Anthony Hill at LB, dudes a stud. As i said earlier, they just gotta get it done on the field. Which i think they can. Last year, when Whitt went down, we had one receiving threat in Worthy. Now you've got threats all over the field at WR, RB and TE. D will be better if the O is more consistent. I didn't think the D was that terrible last year, but they weren't getting much help.
    Hill is a program changing type of LB.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
      ...class is gonna be loaded. lol

Now in '24 with Taylor Tatum, not sure if Texas lands him.

He landed his dream offer earlier in the month.
      I'm sure Texas will turn the heat up at some point. But I think it's a Longshot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gametyme View Post

Hill is a program changing type of LB.
        That's my thoughts on him. Plus we've been pretty weak with our LB's, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gametyme View Post

Not a matter of if with Baxter but when. Personally im glad the Owen's circus is over. I'm more then content with Wisner and Baxter.
          Baxter had almost 2000 yards playing on the 7A level in Florida too.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post

who?
            Aggies

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
              Where DCTF sees each of our opponents finishing:
              Week 1: McKinney Boyd - 5th in 5-6A
              Week 2: Marshall - 2nd in 8-5A D2
              Week 3: Tyler Legacy - 4th in 10-6A
              Week 4: Lufkin - 5th in 7-5A D1
              Week 5: Lancaster - 2nd in 7-5A D1
              Week 7: Forney - 6th in 7-5A D1
              Week 8: North Mesquite - 7th in 7-5A D1
              Week 9: McKinney North - 4th in 7-5A D1
              Week 10: Tyler - 3rd in 7-5A D1
              Week 11: West Mesquite - 8th in 7-5A D1
              Really disappointed with the outlook on Boyd. Was told/thought they would be the solid 3rd place team in that district. It makes our schedule even weaker going into a rowdy region 2....regardless...ready for the season to start.

Comment

I fully expect to see Aledo/Ryan facing off twice in the fall. Definitely will be interesting to watch. I'm not sold on College Station, at all. But I also don't think there's that many other teams in R3 that can knock them off. Cedar Park/Manvel?

We know Lone Star will be good, just a matter of how good. Crosby, I truly don't think we'll know how good they are until the playoffs. They really face no one all season, outside of maybe PA Memorial, that can be considered a top notch team. Maybe FB Marshall. But then again, same can be said for us.
                I can tell you that I have watched Crosby play several games over the last two years. They have Lancaster speed with old school Lufkin physicality. Great combination that puts a lot of pressure on teams. They remind me mostly of Desoto but don't quite have the talent/depth across the board. I think they could run with any team in Region 2 if the team gels.

Comment

• Anyone have link for our games today? Longview lisd page says field b but on Texanlive I only see field 7 and field 8
                  Last edited by WolverBean; 06-24-2022, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Anyone have link for our games today? Longview lisd page says field b but on Texanlive I only see field 7 and field 8
                    TexanLive are only broadcasting on two fields.

Only way that you see the Lobos is if at some point, they end up playing on those two fields.
                    Last edited by WP4L™; 06-24-2022, 09:40 AM.

Comment

TexanLive is only broadcasting on two fields.

Only way that you see the Lobos is if at some point, they end up playing on those two fields.
                      Well dang longview lisd post made seem like we could see em lol

Comment

Well dang longview lisd post made seem like we could see em lol
                        Looks like Field 7 has received majority of the spotlight, so that's great news for Desoto, Lake Travis, FB Hightower and EP Eastlake fans.

Comment

Looks like Field 7 has received majority of the spotlight, so that's great news for Desoto, Lake Travis, FB Hightower and EP Eastlake fans.
                          🙄 Maybe if we make to championship bracket tomorrow

Comment

• Lobos beat Coronado, 31-19.

Stangs went into massive clock control in the 2nd half. Just four possessions the entire half.

Lobos get a big 3 and out then score to put it away.

Chase Smith fell on his ankle in that half and looked a little beaten up, but he should be fine.
                            THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                            5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                            40 District Championships
                            '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                            '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                            '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
                            '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                            '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Lobos beat Coronado, 31-19.

Stangs went into massive clock control in the 2nd half. Just four possessions the entire half.

Lobos get a big 3 and out then score to put it away.

Chase Smith fell on his ankle in that half and looked a little beaten up, but he should be fine.
                              Was fast 👀

Comment

Was fast 👀
                                The games are shortened for the state tournaments

Comment

Working...
                                X