*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
    Be a position coach in college for at least half a mil a year, or deal with the everyday tough tasks of being a HS HC for 140k a year...

Morris caught a taste of a lot of money while in the college ranks...and I guess he misses it. A shame too because he would've made Allen a monster within the next 2-3 years.

I still think Allen is a solid job, but it's only a solid job for a coach with stability and true love for TXHSFB.

As I understand it, his last contract pays out in 3 more years. He gets the money no matter what. If he gets another job then he gets the difference of what the job pays. I don't see him going after a big job if he has a couple million still guaranteed...if it is me...I just sit back and drink a cold one for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha_Dawg1 View Post

What if he is better than the "next man up"? You win games by playing to the strength of your team and players. Our run game is going to carry us, and we will play off of that.
      there is WAY TOO MUCH talent at WR for us to have to be carried by the run game...this team should absolutely be pick your poison...I hope the QB can keep us dynamic and balanced.

Comment

Point taken. I guess it will depends on who is being bashed and how fair or unfair the criticism is.

I usually look forward to the Spring Game, but it feels like there isn’t going to be a lot put into it this year.
        getting that sense too...really wish we would have a spring game event day on a Saturday like Tascosa does. They use it as a community/booster fundraising event...it would be a great way to get some spring buzz going into 7 on 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post

there is WAY TOO MUCH talent at WR for us to have to be carried by the run game...this team should absolutely be pick your poison...I hope the QB can keep us dynamic and balanced.
          I definitely wanna be balanced, we almost have to be with what we have outwide.

BUT at the same time...it may be just destined for the running game to dominate. The OL will be better than people realize....and im telling ya...Tatum and Johnson look the part. Impressive looking athletes. They are ready for huge seasons.

Comment

Completely agree that this team should be able to be balanced.
            THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
            5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
            40 District Championships
            '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
            '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
            '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
            '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
            '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
              I definitely wanna be balanced, we almost have to be with what we have outwide.

BUT at the same time...it may be just destined for the running game to dominate. The OL will be better than people realize....and im telling ya...Tatum and Johnson look the part. Impressive looking athletes. They are ready for huge seasons.
              I get it. This will be a crazy talented running game with a solid Oline. I just don't see us beating a Lonestar or DR with just a dominate running game. If we don't develop the passing game early and try to force it in a game where our RB are slowed, we are going to get bounced...got to be committed to establishing it early in the season IMHO.

Comment

I get it. This will be a crazy talented running game with a solid Oline. I just don't see us beating a Lonestar or DR with just a dominate running game. If we don't develop the passing game early and try to force it in a game where our RB are slowed, we are going to get bounced...got to be committed to establishing it early in the season IMHO.
                We will have to throw the ball for sure. At the core of it all, the run game sets up every thing. We would have beat DR if Taylor would’ve stayed healthy IMO. DR has a vicious front that is rendered less effective by running the ball right at them. Now they can’t tee off in the passing game. Run the ball, force 1 vs 1 coverage and take your shots in the passing game.

Comment

Yeah I hear ya. I'm all about balance and variety especially when you have the personnel to do so. My preference and that's the biggest reason why the 2018 team is the goat.

The crazy thing about DR....I thought last year we actually had them on the ropes when we were attacking them on the ground. They had no answer for Tatum while he was in which shocked the hell out of me. We all know the front 7 is the bread and butter of not only their defense, but their entire team. But yeah, we'll need to attack through the air too at times to keep a balance.

I can see the running game being enough to get by a Lone Star though ONLY because of how rare of a duo Tatum and Johnson are. I dont see LS being as strong as us in the trenches either....not to mention their defense has at least 4 DI guys in the secondary. 12 hasn't shown me yet that he is capable of throwing into a secondary of that magnitude efficiently....Jalen Hale, DK Reese and all. Maybe I hold out hope that practicing against our DI talented secondary will help?

Remember, Paetow ran the tables last season behind a strong running game. I-formation and all. Hopefully we watched some film on them....that's the blueprint.

Comment

We would have beat DR if Taylor would’ve stayed healthy IMO.
                    A lot of things could've changed that game last November.

No doubt Tatum going down was a huge factor.

That interception right near the end zone, the fake field goal for a score for them, gave them another fumble for 3 points. Missing 2 two point conversions. I'm sure one of our penalties was crucial though I'm not remembering most of them right now.

Game was there for the taking with or without Tatum, tbh, and we let them off the hook.

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Beat Boyd.

Comment

• Is everyone showing up tomorrow?
                        LOBO4LIFE

Comment

As I understand it, his last contract pays out in 3 more years. He gets the money no matter what. If he gets another job then he gets the difference of what the job pays. I don't see him going after a big job if he has a couple million still guaranteed...if it is me...I just sit back and drink a cold one for a while.
                          WP4L™ looks like you hit the mark...see Stepps article

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

Comment

Working...
                          X