*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobos99 View Post
    Any real size for interior though ... 99 is only about 200 lbs right?
    He looked a little bigger than that to me. I think he will grow and get stronger on the off season.

Comment

Any real size for interior though ... 99 is only about 200 lbs right?
      He's a nice sized defensive end + has the strength to play inside on those pass rush packages.

Polty and Watkins are your big boys in the interior. Freshmen class has size on the DL too.

Comment

• Need dudes about 240-260 on interior .. minimum to stop teams like Ryan from shoving you around

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha_Dawg1 View Post

I was hoping to see Brooks and Isaac play a few more rounds together. Reminded me of when Tracy Brooks and Leon Bell played together. Great tandems.
          Really hate that the score didn't indicate how hard the defense played Friday.

Brooks was killing them.

Comment

Need dudes about 240-260 on interior .. minimum to stop teams like Ryan from shoving you around
            Polty and Watkins are beyond 260.

Comment

• Longview needs to get bigger and stronger on both Lines.... they have athletes but need to beef up those areas ...

Comment

Need dudes about 240-260 on interior .. minimum to stop teams like Ryan from shoving you around
                Eh size wasn't the issue we stopped em when we needed too just couldn't do much on offense until end to late

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post

Eh size wasn't the issue we stopped em when we needed too just couldn't do much on offense until end to late
                  Front 7 played nicely. I don't think Hicks got 100 yards for the first time all season.

Secondary gave up plays in key moments, that was the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                    Front 7 played nicely. I don't think Hicks got 100 yards for the first time all season.

Secondary gave up plays in key moments, that was the difference.
                    Yes agree. We made them play left handed for the most part. They were prepared to play that way though. The turnovers got us too. If we go up 14-0 it’s a different game IMO. They caught the breaks we didn’t.

Comment

• Hear rumors we gonna try get arch Manning to transfer to Longview to pair with hale,#statebound2022 lol we wish

Comment

• #12 is our Qb😊

Comment

Who's the tall linebacker #42? Have never seen him ? He's about 6'3...?
                          Chris Wilder, sophomore.

Comment

• He a good player?

Comment

He a good player?
                              Yeah, I actually brought him up before.

Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                              Already gave up on this year eh? lol Nah, I'm just kidding.

All of your impact Juniors are on varsity currently making an impact, so won't make a list for that class but will bring up one name out of that group in a sec.

5 names to know from the 2024 class (sophomores):
                              LB Drew Pierce
                              WR Ethan Harrison
                              QB Andrew Tutt (played both varsity and JV this year)
                              WR DK Reese (played both varsity and JV this year)
                              DE/LB/SS Chris Wilder

5 names to know from the 2025 class (freshmen)
                              LB Brenden Reese
                              LB Kason Brooks
                              RB Kelvin Washington
                              LT Fernando Longoria (the big freshman offensive lineman that everyone kept asking about all year)
                              WR Tyler Brown

Bonus: DLs DK Nelson and Bryant Williams

Remember, we're returning almost all of our starters for next year, so I don't expect many from this list to step into starter roles, yet. But they could be rotational/depth guys at the least. Replacing Josh (QB) and Devean Isaac (LB) will be the holes to fill in the offseason. So I guess Tutt (vs Allen) and one of Reese/Brooks/Pierce (assuming they can get by Braggs who has seen plenty of rotation time this year as a JR) have the best chances of starting.

Backfield depth will have to be added, this is where RBs JR Brandavion Steverson, Soph KeAdryan Parker, Fresh Kelvin Washington and JR FB Jacob Carpenter comes into play. DL Depth will have to be addressed too, graduating 4 of the 8-9 man rotation but more talent is on the way + I've heard good news on the possible return of Chris Head.

The defense will be nothing short of spectacular the next few years. We're only getting a preview of it this year.

Comment

#12 is our Qb😊
                                If it happens, we'll wind up in the exact same spot as we have this season. 4 losses or more.
                                THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                                5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                                40 District Championships
                                '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                                '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                                '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
                                '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                                '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Working...
                                X