*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GeeTee View Post
    Anybody else noticed how Lobos have an explosive team...but they are not an explosive team🤔. I keep looking for all these new wrinkle of plays and not seeing any of it. Still running scrimmage plays 2 weeks into playoffs
    😂😂😂😂😂😂 my point open up the PLAYBOOK JOSH THOMAS can handle it!!!

Comment

• Yall keep saying "open up the playbook!"

How long you been watching Kings offense? What you've seen, is what you get. Bout 4 run plays...Bout 4 pass plays. And it seems like the pass plays are all the same 2 routes, just different formations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin_L View Post
        Yall keep saying "open up the playbook!"

How long you been watching Kings offense? What you've seen, is what you get. Bout 4 run plays...Bout 4 pass plays. And it seems like the pass plays are all the same 2 routes, just different formations.
        Facts
        THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
        5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
        40 District Championships
        '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
        '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
        '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
        '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
        '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving Lobos! Looking forward to a great game tomorrow!!

Comment

• We actually have the scheme (no one in ETX runs the amount of formations we do) and players to pull this off, or at least make it a close game. Yall saw how open we can be during that 2017-2019 era and Thomas is very much capable of running an offense of that magnitude because he has the tools and moxie to do so.

It'll come down to play calling and creativity from Coach K....fundamentals, discipline and intelligence from the players. We have to play smart.

Comment

• Little over 24 hours until we shock the state 🐺🐺🐺🐺

Looooooobooooos!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                We actually have the scheme (no one in ETX runs the amount of formations we do) and players to pull this off, or at least make it a close game. Yall saw how open we can be during that 2017-2019 era and Thomas is very much capable of running an offense of that magnitude because he has the tools and moxie to do so.

It'll come down to play calling and creativity from Coach K....fundamentals, discipline and intelligence from the players. We have to play smart.
                Man one part of my mind can see Lobos winning this game. And one part of my mind can see us getting completely blew out...again. Longview more than has the horses. I just don't know man...

Comment

• Originally posted by GeeTee View Post

Man one part of my mind can see Lobos winning this game. And one part of my mind can see us getting completely blew out...again. Longview more than has the horses. I just don't know man...
                  Completely agree.
                  THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                  5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                  40 District Championships
                  '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                  '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                  '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
                  '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                  '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Oh ye of little faith! 😏

Comment

• That day will live in infamy. 👍🏾

Go Lobos...beat DR!

Comment

• There are lots of things both good and bad I could say about Coach K but mostly good. In looking for a solution, what would we have him to do? Step down and make way for someone more conventional; or, should he just add more diversity to his offense and play calling? Would we have him change what works for him, change who he is and in the process, opt for cookie cutter style of play? It goes back to what I said in an earlier post, this era of young folks is conditioned to likeness over uniqueness.

So most of the winning teams run spread, which means that King’s style of play defeats in the neighborhood of 85% of spread teams and vice versa, 85% of the spread teams lose to Coach K teams/offensive schemes. Personally, I think it’s his difference that is oftentimes the difference maker. It offers an element of unorthodox (unconventional) but most of all, the “Ground and Pound” as his style has been described, when executed - playing keep away, eating up valuable clock, can carry a team home to victory down the stretch. In truth, in a time when conventionality is commonplace, his style ironically, is actually creative or at least unique in a time, when unique is considered unimaginative, boring and no longer sexy. Everybody seems to want sameness nowadays but sameness loses far more games than unconventional. Maybe this is because damn near everybody is stuck on doing the same.

Now, do I think that Coach K should be more creative within the framework of his choice of offensive scheme? Absolutely. But I also think there are times when conservative, also has its advantages. In fact, I’d even say his offensive scheme is hybrid - a cross between ground and pound and spread.

As stated, I am a BIG Fan of Coach K but that may be because I am old school, mostly old 🤷🏾‍♂️😂, which means that unique, is still sexy as fuxck to me. 😏 I think we could do a whole lot worse. But hey, that just my old optimistic azz’s opinion. I’m sorry but I am not! Lol😬 🤷🏾‍♂️😏😂 PEACE! ✌🏾

Go Lobos...Let’s do this ****! 🤨
                        Last edited by JoeC; 11-25-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Oh yeah...Happy Turkey Day to every Lobo Fan no matter where you find yourselves in this world! Let’s go Bos!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post
                            There are lots of things both good and bad I could say about Coach K but mostly good. In looking for a solution, what would we have him to do? Step down and make way for someone more conventional; or, should he just add more diversity to his offense and play calling? Would we have him change what works for him, change who he is and in the process, opt for cookie cutter style of play? It goes back to what I said in an earlier post, this era of young folks is conditioned to likeness over uniqueness.

So most of the winning teams run spread, which means that King’s style of play defeats in the neighborhood of 85% of spread teams and vice versa, 85% of the spread teams lose to Coach K teams/offensive schemes. Personally, I think it’s his difference that is oftentimes the difference maker. It offers an element of unorthodox (unconventional) but most of all, the “Ground and Pound” as his style has been described, when executed - playing keep away, eating up valuable clock, can carry a team home to victory down the stretch. In truth, in a time when conventionality is commonplace, his style ironically, is actually creative or at least unique in a time, when unique is considered unimaginative, boring and no longer sexy. Everybody seems to want sameness nowadays but sameness loses far more games than unconventional. Maybe this is because damn near everybody is stuck on doing the same.

Now, do I think that Coach K should be more creative within the framework of his choice of offensive scheme? Absolutely. But I also think there are times when conservative, also has its advantages. In fact, I’d even say his offensive scheme is hybrid - a cross between ground and pound and spread.

As stated, I am a BIG Fan of Coach K but that may be because I am old school, mostly old 🤷🏾‍♂️😂, which means that unique, is still sexy as fuxck to me. 😏 I think we could do a whole lot worse. But hey, that just my old optimistic azz’s opinion. I’m sorry but I am not! Lol😬 🤷🏾‍♂️😏😂 PEACE! ✌🏾

Go Lobos...Let’s do this ****! 🤨
                            Yes we could have worse coaching *cough* Lufkin *cough* Tyler ISD

Comment

• That's not saying much really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos99 View Post
                                That's not saying much really.
                                No disrespect Sir but it’s actually saying a lot. I have yet to see Coach K jump offsides, late hit a QB, late hit a player out of bounds, illegal procedure, grab an opposing team players face mask, miss a key block, fumble, drop a pass, low snap, etc. You can practice and teach until your damn skin turns blue, but plays either are or are not executed on the field of play. If those drab, uncreative plays King called were “executed” we’d be 11-1 right now. We have a pretty good Coach peoples! FACT! 🤨

Comment

Working...
                                X