Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobos99 View Post
    Who's playing Qb?
    Are inquiring about the Varsity? If yes, it looks like it’ll be at least another 2 weeks before Josh is released to rejoin the team, which is pure speculation on my part. Therefore.....

Comment

• Tutt needs to get playing time ... he's not progressing sitting his entire sophomore year on the bench ... again it's why Longview doesn't develop QBS

Comment

• It's not looking good as far as next year .... this team will score 14 points or less agaisnt good teams

Comment

• Just my opinion .... this offense is very bad agaisnt a decent defense

Comment

Tutt needs to get playing time ... he's not progressing sitting his entire sophomore year on the bench ... again it's why Longview doesn't develop QBS
            He hasn't spent his entire sophomore year on the bench, He was the starting QB on the JV. What in the world are you talking about? He was on the JV to get playing time in the first place.

Comment

• Offense needs to be more dynamic ...other then throwing up hope and prayer passes to Hale who actually had 4 guys covering him last week and we still threw it to him.

Comment

• He played a few games on Jv to start. He will play rest of year on bench. That's what I'm talking about .

Comment

He played a few games on Jv to start. He will play rest of year on bench. That's what I'm talking about .
                  He is the backup QB.

Comment

Tutt needs to get playing time ... he's not progressing sitting his entire sophomore year on the bench ... again it's why Longview doesn't develop QBS
                    Agree. When the situation is right he should get some time under center. He should have gotten more reps against WE. If only we can get a dominating performance against Sherman, maybe he can get some reps this Friday. We really do need him to get some reps. JIC of an injury to Jordan, the very last thing we need is him going out there in a crucial situation, cold turkey...

Comment

Offense needs to be more dynamic ...other then throwing up hope and prayer passes to Hale who actually had 4 guys covering him last week and we still threw it to him.
                      Bush, Wright, Hamilton and DT have also caught passes.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post
                        Wow! Just went back and watched our final scoring drive against HP. And even the Texarkana/Longview Game Day announcers were taken aback. Hale’s sideline catch knocked out of bounds - clock wound. Hamilton diving catch for a first down they said “Coach K should be livid that they kept the clock running during resetting of the yard/down marker”. Then Hale catches a pass and a helmet to helmet shot ignored by officials. Then DT sideline catch knocked out at 5 (or 1 officials contradicted each other) yet the clock was wound (Game Day announcers made mention of the clock was running). Wtf!
                        If the defense causes the off. player to go out of bounds, the clock will roll. Officiating 101. Clock rolls on first down once ball is set. Chain placement dont matter. Officiating 101.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

Bush, Wright, Hamilton and DT have also caught passes.
                          Not enough of them, not even close. Wright is too good of a talent not to have a TD catch yet.

Comment

Who's playing Qb?
                            You already know the answer to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                              Not enough of them, not even close. Wright is too good of a talent not to have a TD catch yet.
                              All 4 of those players prolly got 10 touches combined which is unacceptable

Comment

• Originally posted by GoLobos View Post

If the defense causes the off. player to go out of bounds, the clock will roll. Officiating 101. Clock rolls on first down once ball is set. Chain placement dont matter. Officiating 101.
                                Wow! Thanks!

If this is true and I am not doubting you. I, in all of my years watching this game, have never seen it that way and mysteriously, clearly nor had the Game Day commentators as evidenced by their statement (King should be livid). I knew that if their forward progress was impeded when forced out of bounds, that the clock rolled. But I thought if running forward when forced out, the clock was not wound. Also, if they don’t set the down/marker marker chains, what difficulty would result, if the team rushed up to run another play immediately after the ball is set. Chaos and confusion could ensue. Humm, as in very interesting...this rule must be inconsistently applied at the officials discretion and apparently, biases? Because I know damn well I and apparently the Game Day broadcast team, have seen otherwise. Regardless, after the calls against us for roughing their passer, it just doesn’t jive that they would allow Jalen to be targeted with no repercussions. Again thanks...

Comment

Working...
                                X