No announcement yet.

*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to be a good game...Lobos will be pushed...

LV 35
    Sherman 24

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
      Yes you did that say, but hey, I'm also sitting waiting to see that creative offense that you said you saw during practice time and time again. A wrinkle here, a wrinkle there...that we never saw. Nothing to do with you obviously, but I am still waiting for it.
      Did you not notice the hurry up offense, plays called from the sidelines?

Hang onto your hat my friend...many more surprises to come (reserved for the playoffs). Just hang tight. You’ll see. 🤫

Go Lobos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post
        Going to be a good game...Lobos will be pushed...

LV 35
        Sherman 24
        I agree. I have a “feeling” this is going to be a dogfight!

Comment

LV 35
          Sherman 24
          It's needs to be much worse for that move they pulled last year AND the move they pulled two weeks ago.

Comment

• I will say this and you can take it all with a grain of sand........
            I saw Sherman play their first game this season against a mediocre 5A-D2 team in Denison. Yes, it is a HUGE rivalry, but Denison handed them their butt. There are alot of things I can say about Sherman that are extremely negative.. Any comment from their play to their band and drill team, would be really negative and reallllly ugly. If my Lobos play Lobo football, Sherman hasn't a chance in H-E double L of walking out of Lobo Stadium with a win. They must play clean as they are capable, and they will win all night long. Sherman will be chippy and mouthy and slow. If we play down to their level, we are in for a fight. They weaseled out of playing us last year, for a reason. I hope we make them rethink their decision about coming to Lobo this year.

BTHObearcats
            LOBO4LIFE

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

Did you not notice the hurry up offense, plays called from the sidelines?

Hang onto your hat my friend...many more surprises to come (reserved for the playoffs). Just hang tight. You’ll see. 🤫

Go Lobos!
              I saw plenty of delay of games.

I saw one drive, at the end of the game, that had a somewhat hurry up offense. I know I saw Jordan going back to the sideline still with 5 minutes to go to get the play.
              THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
              5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
              40 District Championships
              '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
              '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
              '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
              '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
              '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

LV 35
                Sherman 24
                Seeing Sherman 2/3 times now, if it's that close, we're in bigger trouble than I thought. They better not score 24 on us.

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Seeing Sherman 2/3 times now, if it's that close, we're in bigger trouble than I thought. They better not score 24 on us.
                  You are so right!
                  LOBO4LIFE

Comment

• Hp offense only 14 but Sherman 24 at lobo đź‘€ doubt it

Comment

They definitely shouldn’t score 24 on us. Considering how lowly Mt Pleasant played them so close 36-35, I was surprised to see them play HP that tough. Although they had an extra week of preparation for us, I still see no reason why we shouldn’t up them by at least 3 TD’s.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post
                        Hp offense only 14 but Sherman 24 at lobo đź‘€ doubt it
                        49-7, Lobos.

Taylor Tatum has his biggest game yet, Wright catches his first TD pass, Chase Smith adds on to his INT total on the year and Rougley gets at least two sacks (their OL is severely outmatched).

Comment

They definitely shouldn’t score 24 on us. Considering how lowly Mt Pleasant played them so close 36-35, I was surprised to see them play HP that tough. Although they had an extra week of preparation for us, I still see no reason why we shouldn’t up them by at least 3 TD’s.
                          They only won against MP because the Tigers had 6/7 turnovers, over 11 penalties...and an absolute fluke of a hail mary.

But you're right, they did get an extra week of preparation.

I won't lie, I did say I wanted to beat Sherman into oblivion even if it meant losing to HP (a week before that happened lol). That program gave me such a sour taste last season.

Want nothing more than a 63-0 beat down or worse. But I'll take a W.

Shocked y'all old timers don't talk about 76 more (just in general, not you specifically Joe).

Comment

• Originally posted by Quick View Post

I assume you went to school with a part of my family from the Southside in the, Snoddy’s? Yes, they are all related to me first blood. My Uncle is, Kenneth Jackson. He was ONE of the first black quarterbacks at Longview High back in like 1977-78 or something like that.
                            I graduated in 73 and worked with one of the Snoddys. Melvin. He was an all state tennis player. And I remember Kenny Jackson well! I believe he was the QB the year that Greg Brown ran the punt back on the last play of the game in Lufkin, only to be ruled out of bounds at the 1. Kenny had a cannon arm!

Comment

Shocked y'all old timers don't talk about 76 more (just in general, not you specifically Joe).
                              Yeah you really don't hear a lot about '76. Weren't we #2 in the state or something that year before being upset in the 1st round?

That's 2005 level of letdown.

Comment

Right now I am leaning in favor of Maverick. Of course, that could change.
                                Maverick has looked great in the games I have seen. Hope he grows a little.

Comment

Working...
                                X