• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post
    Was Boone #11 hurt again don't remember seeing him Friday night
    Had 7 tackles.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

Our quarterback was above average as a player. Went onto actually play D1 football. He made play after play in that playoff run.

We also aren’t getting playoff opponents lined up such as Belton, South Garland and freakin Tomball in consecutive weeks.

Petey and that team at least beat someone of significance that season in the defending state champion (Abilene).

Anyone who watched the Lobos that year, knew a run was possible. The only naysayers were the ones who only looked at our record.
      Good points about the level of competition and the fact that Petey was one helluva athlete, actually he was exceptional but as a QB, he was average. Also, keep in mind that Abilene wasn’t Giant killers that year as they went 9-4 on the season, which was not much better than our record ast season. However, they should have beaten Denton Guyer in the semis.

As far as naysayers, the stands was replete with them. There was so much bellyaching going on that they should have had sodium bicarbonate for purchase at the concession stands.

My point, a lots of peoples gave up on that group early on, which offers some similarities to this group. Plus, there’s a possibility albeit slight, that Josh could return this year. Also, I have a distinct feeling that our defense is going to shake this Region up before it’s all said and done. There shouldn’t be very many of us left that thinks we can’t take HP out...

Comment

• Food for thought. I get the distinct feeling that everybody has already penciled DR in the bracket with us. Frisco Lone Star may very well have something to say about that. There’s a real possibility the DR and HP may end up bracketed together. Humm...

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post
          Food for thought. I get the distinct feeling that everybody has already penciled DR in the bracket with us. Frisco Lone Star may very well have something to say about that. There’s a real possibility the DR and HP may end up bracketed together. Humm...
          Makes no difference...we couldn't beat either team...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post

Makes no difference...we couldn't beat either team...
            Lol Says you. 🤣

Comment

• 0-4 vs. HP and DR........ you are what your record says you are .

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos99 View Post
                0-4 vs. HP and DR........ you are what your record says you are .
                Oh so that logic you spoke of using on an earlier post compelled you to apply last year’s losses on this year’s team? Considering the early season loss and slow but steady improvement plus the gift basket give away to HP at their house. Humm...there’s absolutely zero further explanation or inquiry necessary sir. 🙄😏😉

Comment

0-4 vs. HP and DR........ you are what your record says you are .
                  What?! Lobo nation should hold their heads down because we lost to two of the top teams in the entire State of Texas? One of them is a storied program, and the other has been loaded with D1 players as of late.

Comment

• Those teams improve also ...

Comment

• Improving agaisnt bad competition is one thing .... but as soon as you play the big boys you revert bsck to what you really are. That's what good teams do to you. They completely expose your weakest spots. In Longview's case it's discipline and a certain position on offense. Am I wrong?

Comment

Improving agaisnt bad competition is one thing .... but as soon as you play the big boys you revert bsck to what you really are. That's what good teams do to you. They completely expose your weakest spots. In Longview's case it's discipline and a certain position on offense. Am I wrong?
                        It didn't take playing those teams to expose anything. The Lobos have been plagued by those inconsistencies all year. It's just more glaring when you lose. A fan will point those things out in a heart beat. A true football guy ask questions. Asking yourself the proper questions in the context of football related to the Lobos will provide clarity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha_Dawg1 View Post

It didn't take playing those teams to expose anything. The Lobos have been plagued by those inconsistencies all year. It's just more glaring when you lose. A fan will point those things out in a heart beat. A true football guy ask questions. Asking yourself the proper questions in the context of football related to the Lobos will provide clarity.
                          What are proper questions and as determined by whom? Some of us with our inflated egos tend to “believe” that others have a pie in the sky mentality and intelligence level; which if true, is absurdity at the highest level.

Questions like: were we young and inexperienced early on; did we make some crucial unforced errors; have our offensive line improved; did we tackle well during that game and have we improved defensively; if not for the mistakes could we have beaten HP and are those mistakes fixable...I could go on but why? If your position is iron-clad, there’s nothing I can say to change your opinion and vice versa. And rightfully so, each of us has earned the right to have and voice our own opinion without ridicule or persecution. As for me, I stand firm in my size 12 shoes. Does that mean that I’ll always be right? No! But at the same time, to think that any of us are, always right that is, is a clear sign of intellectual and emotional immaturity.

Here it is in a nutshell, opinions NOT rooted in facts or in hindsight, are simply “beliefs”. And to believe something, is admitting to not knowing. Believing and Knowing CANNOT share the same space in time.

As for me, until proven otherwise, I believe we can kick both DR’s and HP’s asses. That’s MY OPINION, meaning it hasn’t a damn thing to do with anybody else’s . My opinion or belief does not refute, belittle or override anyone else’s, which means there’s no reason to get in a tizzy over MY opinion. The main reason I voice my own opinion with such fervor is because I am my own grown *** man. 🤷🏾‍♂️😎✌🏾
                          Last edited by JoeC; 10-12-2021, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Proper questions in terms of Lobo football. There are certain questions that are football vernacular. As a football guy, one of the first questions one should ask is "what are we as a team trying to get accomplished? as a unit?" That even goes to offense and defense and down to play calls. Here is a Simple Example. I hear people complain about King calling plays that only sends out one or two recievers out on a route. They don't ask what was the goal on that play, and why was it was ran the way it was? Not hard to figure our O line personnel has been fluid from the jump, thus King knows that they are not ready to block without extra help from the skill positions.
                            I just thnk some of these shots that are thrown at King are absord. Not saying he should be immune to criticism, but good grief.

Comment

What are proper questions and as determined by whom? Some of us with our inflated egos tend to “believe” that others have a pie in the sky mentality and intelligence level; which if true, is absurdity at the highest level.

Questions like: were we young and inexperienced early on; did we make some crucial unforced errors; have our offensive line improved; did we tackle well during that game and have we improved defensively; if not for the mistakes could we have beaten HP and are those mistakes fixable...I could go on but why? If your position is iron-clad, there’s nothing I can say to change your opinion and vice versa. And rightfully so, each of us has earned the right to have and voice our own opinion without ridicule or persecution. As for me, I stand firm in my size 12 shoes. Does that mean that I’ll always be right? No! But at the same time, to think that any of us are, always right that is, is a clear sign of intellectual and emotional immaturity.

Here it is in a nutshell, opinions NOT rooted in facts or in hindsight, are simply “beliefs”. And to believe something, is admitting to not knowing. Believing and Knowing CANNOT share the same space in time.

As for me, until proven otherwise, I believe we can kick both DR’s and HP’s asses. That’s MY OPINION, meaning it hasn’t a damn thing to do with anybody else’s . My opinion or belief does not refute, belittle or override anyone else’s, which means there’s no reason to get in a tizzy over MY opinion. The main reason I voice my own opinion with such fervor is because I am my own grown *** man. 🤷🏾‍♂️😎✌🏾
                              the reality is simple...we have a good team that will beat 80-90% of the teams we face...except the upper tier...they are better than us. Can we beat them? of course we can, we have the talent to do so. But...this year, as a team, we are not on that level. If that is seen as a negative, I don't know why. It is not a perspective of being mad...it is a realization of where this team is...players and game play at this point have marked this team as high talent, low discipline/execution, average game plan, weakness in a few key positions. It is what it is...

Comment

Man do I ever remember the 2010 season when we were setting there at 4-4 following that loss to North Mesquite. 👀😬The naysayers were out in full force. Man were they ever. Whoever thought we’d go on a tear that would take us all the way to the semis. What an amazing ride we had.
                                Couple of differences.

The 2010 team had a very strong SR class as a whole that had a ton of playoff experience the previous two seasons...full of vocal leaders. The seniors this year have some nice pieces, but isn't very strong as a whole (for Longview's standards). It's King's smallest SR group since 2008.

The OL that year was not only full of SRs, they were full of dogs. We have to remember that 2010 had the smallest OL the past 20 years, but the biggest heart and fight. The OL has definitely gotten better since Week 1 as I thought it would. But I'm still waiting for a few of them to really tap into that dog status.

Last and certainly not least, Peter Robertson. That is who you had at the QB position and with all due respect, what we currently have is not in the same stratosphere as Pete. Pete didn't have the most impressive arm but I'd still take his throwing ability over what we have now in a heartbeat. Plus, Pete was a playmaker, all-state D1 talent.

2010 always had the true potential of big things. The pieces were there...it was just a matter of putting it all together after having to replace so much. Not to mention, having to navigate the toughest non district schedule that I can remember a Lobo team playing. As tough as it was, they fought hard in those games.....no blowouts. Went up to Allen and nearly won, went to Lufkin and nearly won (they were still a perennial AP top 10 team at this time), dropped the ball against JT but that was also the game that Robertson went down with an ankle injury after throwing a 90 yard TD pass to Eric Hawkins. Had a solid win over Abilene who won state the year before and returned the two biggest reasons for that title, Ronnel Sims and Herschel Sims. That NM loss was a little left field especially after beating Abilene but that was also a sneaky decent NM team led by Joe Bergeron. Still, we knew we were better than that.

I don't believe that the season is automatically over. I really don't. But it will be if adjustments aren't made.

Comment

Working...
                                X