*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
    Somehow we only ended up with 110 yards of penalties.

Thought for sure it would be higher than that.
    Hell it was all in the 3rd quarter😆😆😆😆

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post
      Saw Aggies upset bama minus Haynes wonder how would been with haynes
      You mean you wonder if Haynes gonna get his spot back?

Comment

• Originally posted by hook em 22 View Post

I'm an outsider looking in. I'm a Rockwall guy. But, having played LV for a number of yrs, I'll come in here and follow what's going on and watch games. Nothing more. I'm not here to argue or banter with anyone about it. Maybe you can get someone else to explain Arm Talent. Lol

I respect his resolve. Him working hard is commendable. I'm just giving my opinion following it. I get that LV is in a QB quandary any way they go about it. Last yr was really bad. This yr, a possible solution was right there with Thomas. I get Thomas is injured now. But it was still a mess in August when that situation should have been fixed. Thomas was better then.
        As many of you know, I’ve watched and loved this game for a long (long) time and without question, this game is a TEAM sport. It has never been about 1 position.

I have seen a many high school football teams win and win BIG even championships with an average QB, above-average RB and WR’s, decent O-line play but a Great defensive unit (ie., 1983 Dangerfield Tigers). On the other hand, I have also seen high school teams with a Great QB, good RB’s, decent O-line, Outstanding defensive play but just okay WR’s that couldn’t advance beyond the second round of the playoffs (Lobos 2019).

There’s good reason for that saying “there’s no “I” in TEAM. Contrary to popular myth, it is also NOT true that model QB play is with absolute certainty, the unimpeachable most important piece of the championship puzzle. There’s been numerous games lost by those teams with great QB’s. Good-to-great QB play is not a panacea nor is average at best QB play, a kiss of death. Those other pieces of the puzzle are oftentimes just as important if not more so important than QB play.

Like I iterated earlier, if we tweak (make adjustments) a few areas, minimize those costly mistakes and continue to develop in key areas, there’s a lots of light at the end of the Lobos tunnel.

Go Lobos!
        Last edited by JoeC; 10-10-2021, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

As many of you know, I’ve watched and loved this game for a long (long) time and without question, this game is a TEAM sport. It has never been about 1 position.

I have seen a many high school football teams win and win BIG even championships with an average QB, above-average RB and WR’s, decent O-line play but a Great defensive unit (ie., 1983 Dangerfield Tigers). On the other hand, I have also seen high school teams with a Great QB, good RB’s, decent O-line, Outstanding defensive play but just okay WR’s that couldn’t advance beyond the second round of the playoffs (Lobos 2019).

There’s good reason for that saying “there’s no “I” in TEAM. Contrary to popular myth, it is also NOT true that model QB play is with absolute certainty, the unimpeachable most important piece of the championship puzzle. There’s been numerous games lost by those teams with great QB’s. Good-to-great QB play is not a panacea nor is average at best QB play, a kiss of death. Those other pieces of the puzzle are oftentimes just as important if not more so important than QB play.

Like I iterated earlier, if we tweak (make adjustments) a few areas, minimize those costly mistakes and continue to develop in key areas, there’s a lots of light at the end of the Lobos tunnel.

Go Lobos!
          You’re living in denial, straight up. Sorry, you just are. You’re trying to find a positive where there is no positive.

As long as Jordan is this program’s QB, you will continue to make posts like above because we will continue to have losses like we just had on Friday.
          THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
          5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
          40 District Championships
          '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
          '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
          '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
          '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
          '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

You’re living in denial, straight up. Sorry, you just are. You’re trying to find a positive where there is no positive.

As long as Jordan is this program’s QB, you will continue to make posts like above because we will continue to have losses like we just had on Friday.
            Denial about what exactly? Lmao It is you and others trying to put this loss square on the shoulders of Jordan. If anyone said that the 2019 loss was because of Haynes and rightfully so, you and others heads would explode. The entire premise is ridiculous.

Comment

Besides! Dude! That post wasn’t even directed at you. Why do you feel the need to keep coming at me? Do you have a sense of insecurity going on here? You do know that I do NOT have to agree with you right and that should be perfectly ok? I am not of this younger generation of conditioned followers - I came through an era of leaders. I could care less whether I get likes or not. I am all about truth regardless what anyone else thinks. Why don’t you go roll a fat one dipped in some mushroom tea or CBD oil, take a couple of valiums, some ashwagandha or some other calmative. CTFO! It’s okay that we don’t agree. 🤷🏾‍♂️😎

Comment

I'm an outsider looking in. I'm a Rockwall guy. But, having played LV for a number of yrs, I'll come in here and follow what's going on and watch games. Nothing more. I'm not here to argue or banter with anyone about it. Maybe you can get someone else to explain Arm Talent. Lol

I respect his resolve. Him working hard is commendable. I'm just giving my opinion following it. I get that LV is in a QB quandary any way they go about it. Last yr was really bad. This yr, a possible solution was right there with Thomas. I get Thomas is injured now. But it was still a mess in August when that situation should have been fixed. Thomas was better then.
                In August, Thomas hadn’t fully grasped the playbook. Plus coming from a spread, shot-gun offensive scheme, he hadn’t mastered under center. He was consistently bobbling the snaps (laying the ball on the carpet) during practices and if you know anything about Lobos football, then you know that mastering snaps under center is imperative.

Comment

In August, Thomas hadn’t fully grasped the playbook. Plus coming from a spread, shot-gun offensive scheme, he hadn’t mastered under center. He was consistently bobbling the snaps (laying the ball on the carpet) during practices and if you know anything about Lobos football, then you know that mastering snaps under center is imperative.
                  Then here you are then. A top ten team with a bad QB. If Allen was in Rockwall, he would be the JV B team QB. He wouldn't even be on A team. Unless he changed positions. Lol

Comment

Thomas was the best we had way back in spring.

Comment

Then here you are then. A top ten team with a bad QB. If Allen was in Rockwall, he would be the JV B team QB. He wouldn't even be on A team. Unless he changed positions. Lol
                      Huh? I think you’re confused my man. Josh is Thomas and Jordan is Allen. Who knows maybe he’d be on defense since y’all have given up 273 points in 7 (39 PPG) games; clearly, you all are in desperate need for all the help you can muster on the defensive side of the ball. Lol 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post
                        Dave Campbell's has HP favored by 12...Matt Stepp individual pick is HP by 7
                        It turned out the way Stepp picked it.

I took note several weeks ago after the WM game that we are who we are. I knew going into the HP game that it was going to be tough. Hard to watch us give it to them but it honestly fits the theme of the last 3 years...we can't get out of our own way. We should win the first round and then it is game on round 2 and beyond. I am going to enjoy the rest of the season. Go Lobos

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                          Thomas was the best we had way back in spring.
                          I am not saying that be was not better; however, King felt he was not quite ready at that time to take the helm. That tidbit of info came from a reliable inside source. It’s an absolute fact that he exhibited a propensity (proneness) for mishandling snaps under center early on.

You won’t get any argument out of me. Josh’s unequivocally, the better athlete. But as I am sure you’d agree, keeping on keeping on about whose better at this point is futile.

Comment

Huh? I think you’re confused my man. Josh is Thomas and Jordan is Allen. Who knows maybe he’d be on defense since y’all have given up 273 points in 7 (39 PPG) games; clearly, you all are in desperate need for all the help you can muster on the defensive side of the ball. Lol 😂
                            Confused with what? I did say Allen...

​​​​​​ You're right, if he was here, he might help on defense, because he sure as hell would never play QB. I can accept our Defense isn't good. You seem to be struggling accepting that your QB isn't good. Good luck with that. You'll need it.
                            Last edited by hook em 22; 10-10-2021, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Confused with what? I did say Allen...

​​​​​​ You're right, if he was here, he might help on defense, because he sure as hell would never play QB. I can accept our Defense isn't good. You seem to be struggling accepting that your QB isn't good. Good luck with that. You'll need it.
                              Last I heard, football is a team sport. After the 52-31 pummeling (smack down) against HP, I am absolutely certain our JV B-team QB would lead us to victory over y’all’s sorry asses. Drop the mic 🎤 Lmao 😂

Comment

Last I heard, football is a team sport. After the 52-31 pummeling (smack down) against HP, I am absolutely certain our JV B-team QB would lead us to victory over y’all’s sorry asses. Drop the mic 🎤 Lmao 😂
                                Good for you! You feel better now? You going to be Ok?

Comment

Working...
                                X