Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

You have more faith in him than I do.

You're right the talent is down this year but y'all still have no business losing to freakin Magnolia and New Caney.

But hey, if y'all want to keep him around, you won't hear any Lobo fans complaining.
    If I knew we would get a definite upgrade I would be all in.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
      I hear ya.

Kids have to execute. But Lufkin has underperformed for at least a decade now, and there is one common denominator.

Starting Moody over Hammond was idiotic. Just imagine though, he'd still be on JV if not for an unfortunate injury.
      Honestly neither one of them are special players but Hammond can at least throw an accurate ball. Moody was easily the worst starting Lufkin QB in my life time. I think he could probably play another position because he is a decent enough athlete. I just don't think the talent is there. They got some good young pieces but this SR class has absolutely nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gametyme View Post

I agree Longview 10th graders are a head of Lufkins 10th graders but they did give them a decent game as fish until the 2nd half. The current freshmen are much more closer. Just looking at the middle school scores from last year. That game would go either way right now. I favor the Lufkin fish but I know you give the slight nod to the Lobo fish.

It looks like Menefee is transitioning to FS he is 6'2 so looks like he grew out of RB. He starts on the varsity.
        Yeah, LVs 10th is on another planet and I think 8th and 7th goes in Longview's favor too.

Now, 9th is a close one to call. Two solid classes. Judson and Foster went a combined 4-3-1 against Lufkin Purple/Gold when they were in MS. Lufkin had success over Forest Park as expected.

I can't choose right now but I'll say this....if Longview's freshmen goes up to Dallas tomorrow and beats an undefeated HP freshmen squad (that even beat SLC earlier this year in Southlake)....without Kelvin Washington mind you...I'll have to give the edge to Longview because they will have beaten 3 solid freshmen groups this year in Ryan, Wylie East and HP. 3 solid transfers were also added to that group when they reached HS. RB Bolden, LB/TE Franklin and S/RB Stewart.

Comment

Honestly neither one of them are special players but Hammond can at least throw an accurate ball. Moody was easily the worst starting Lufkin QB in my life time. I think he could probably play another position because he is a decent enough athlete. I just don't think the talent is there. They got some good young pieces but this SR class has absolutely nothing.
          I watched Moody against Legacy week one and I kid you not....Legacy dropped like 7 picks in that game.

He was easily the worst Lufkin QB I've ever seen. He can run a little bit but could not read defenses or deliver passes. I thought to myself, there has to be something better in that program.

Comment

They got some good young pieces but this SR class has absolutely nothing.
            Which is crazy because Lufkin SR's beat Longview's SR's back when they were freshmen lol

But the Longview staff is getting more out of what they have.

What happened to the Watts kid? He was a good QB for those Lufkin SR's when they were freshmen.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldetexfan View Post
              Used every one of those as well! Plus morning Gemba walks thru the plant to observe the status of every department including targets and any issues from the previous day. Ended with a summary report on plant wide goal status. Of course during football season I always made a couple of stops to discuss The Lobos with our fans!
              Yes Sir Gemba walks, 5S and Value Stream Mapping (VSM) are all critical to the effective implementation and deployment of Lean Manufacturing-Six Sigma. In the course of day to day operations and management, we learned a lots of Japanese including Kaizen, Kanban, Heijunka, Jidoka, Muda, Mura, Poka-Yoke and others. Always interesting to find someone that can speak the same language. Cool 😎👍🏾

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

Yes Sir Gemba walks, 5S and Value Stream Mapping (VSM) are all critical to the effective implementation and deployment of Lean Manufacturing-Six Sigma. In the course of day to day operations and management, we learned a lots of Japanese including Kaizen, Kanban, Heijunka, Jidoka, Muda, Mura, Poka-Yoke and others. Always interesting to find someone that can speak the same language. Cool 😎👍🏾
                Yep, because I am looking at BOTH of y’all like, “What the Hell”…… 🤔

Comment

If I knew we would get a definite upgrade I would be all in.
                  Absolutely valid
                  THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                  5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                  40 District Championships
                  '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                  '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                  '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
                  '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                  '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin_L View Post

Coach Ragsdale and Coach Chism lined me out a couple of times. Thats all it took from that point on!!

Im afraid parents today wouldnt tolerate coaches like them anymore. Thats too bad because those types demanded discipline and responsibility!!
                    You sure are right. Yesterday I had to hear one of the players (not to be mentioned) parents commenting on how Coach King because he kicked the ball into the offensive huddle, was “demonstrating his immaturity” while the mom was lamenting about going to the school board about his foul language. I in most most humble and respectful tone of voice and most professional manner, gently explained “he is just hyping the team up for the big game”. Then I politely got my *** up and put some more distance (like 30 rows) in between us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quick View Post

Yep, because I am looking at BOTH of y’all like, “What the Hell”…… 🤔
                      🤷🏾‍♂️😂🤣😂🤣

Comment

• Even so, I'd love to see them try and take one of the most powerful men in Longview down by going to the school board about his foul language lol. Like they don't already know about his foul language. Good lord.
                        THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                        5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                        40 District Championships
                        '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                        '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                        '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
                        '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                        '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Some of you obviously never experienced CJ(Curtis Jones) and his language...😃😀

Comment

• So, I am sitting here thinking to myself. The U.I.L. never cease to amaze me with their bi-annual antics called the, realignment. They have all the coaches (with the exception of Randy Allen, of course) across the State of Texas on pins and needles and that doesn’t stop with the fan bases waiting to see who’s going where. With that being said, does ANYONE have any solid information about where we (Longview High) is as far as enrollment reporting for this month? Are our numbers trending upwards or downwards? We’re likely staying 5A considering the massive and explosive growths around the D/FW, Houston and Austin areas. Hell, I am wondering with as close as Celina is to Prosper why they aren’t already a 5A program yet.

Now, here’s a few questions just for discussion. HYPOTHETICALLY. If, we were to go back to 6A, given the fact that the U.I.L. has went as far as to put us in a district with Sherman High which is literally a few miles from the Oklahoma border and then a Dallas school in Highland Park who is dab smack in the heart of Dallas,Texas, WHAT schools would you like to be paired with potentially in this upcoming realignment? Do you prefer to be in a cupcake district like the Dallas Molinas, Dallas Pinkstons? What about an old rival in a district with Richardson Lake Highlands? Do you prefer to stay closer home with the Mesquite and Rockwell schools? Or do you want to be paired up with the true heavyweights of Texas football like Allen, Southlake, Denton Guyers of the world?

My Preference or Proposal to the U.I.L. would look like THIS:

Duncanville
                            DeSoto
                            Cedar Hill
                            Longview
                            Waco Midway
                            Mansfield Lake Ridge
                            Waxahachie
                            Mansfield
                            Waco

Thoughts??? How would we fare in this district especially with what we have returning next year? ‘07, I am dying to see what your analysis is on this Mr. Statistician.

Comment

So, I am sitting here thinking to myself. The U.I.L. never cease to amaze me with their bi-annual antics called the, realignment. They have all the coaches (with the exception of Randy Allen, of course) across the State of Texas on pins and needles and that doesn’t stop with the fan bases waiting to see who’s going where. With that being said, does ANYONE have any solid information about where we (Longview High) is as far as enrollment reporting for this month? Are our numbers trending upwards or downwards? We’re likely staying 5A considering the massive and explosive growths around the D/FW, Houston and Austin areas. Hell, I am wondering with as close as Celina is to Prosper why they aren’t already a 5A program yet.

Now, here’s a few questions just for discussion. HYPOTHETICALLY. If, we were to go back to 6A, given the fact that the U.I.L. has went as far as to put us in a district with Sherman High which is literally a few miles from the Oklahoma border and then a Dallas school in Highland Park who is dab smack in the heart of Dallas,Texas, WHAT schools would you like to be paired with potentially in this upcoming realignment? Do you prefer to be in a cupcake district like the Dallas Molinas, Dallas Pinkstons? What about an old rival in a district with Richardson Lake Highlands? Do you prefer to stay closer home with the Mesquite and Rockwell schools? Or do you want to be paired up with the true heavyweights of Texas football like Allen, Southlake, Denton Guyers of the world?

Duncanville
                              DeSoto
                              Cedar Hill
                              Longview
                              Waco Midway
                              Mansfield Lake Ridge
                              Waxahachie
                              Mansfield
                              Waco

Thoughts??? How would we fare in this district especially with what we have returning next year? ‘07, I am dying to see what your analysis is on this Mr. Statistician.
                              Longview to Waco 186 miles? 😬

Comment

So, I am sitting here thinking to myself. The U.I.L. never cease to amaze me with their bi-annual antics called the, realignment. They have all the coaches (with the exception of Randy Allen, of course) across the State of Texas on pins and needles and that doesn’t stop with the fan bases waiting to see who’s going where. With that being said, does ANYONE have any solid information about where we (Longview High) is as far as enrollment reporting for this month? Are our numbers trending upwards or downwards? We’re likely staying 5A considering the massive and explosive growths around the D/FW, Houston and Austin areas. Hell, I am wondering with as close as Celina is to Prosper why they aren’t already a 5A program yet.

Duncanville
                                DeSoto
                                Cedar Hill
                                Longview
                                Waco Midway
                                Mansfield Lake Ridge
                                Waxahachie
                                Mansfield
                                Waco

Midway can go to hell!
                                LOBO4LIFE

Comment

Working...
                                X