No announcement yet.

*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No games for Foster and Forest Park this week. Judson faced an undefeated Lufkin Gold squad on the 8th grade level.

8th
    Judson beat Lufkin Gold, 32-20
    Big RB Mason Washington ran for 148 yards and 3 TDs, Judson also had success through the air in this game.

Judson (5-0)
    Foster (2-2)
    Forest Park (0-4)

7th
    Judson beat Lufkin Gold, 28-0
    RB Kaidon Graves continued his 2021 dominating performance, 128 yards, 3 TDs on only 7 carries.

Judson (5-0)
    Foster (3-1)
    Forest Park (2-2)

Judson has swept both Lufkin teams in both grades.

Comment

• Sounds like that Judson squad(s) are pretty lethal this year. Much better than Judson ever was when I was there lol

Beat HP!
      THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
      5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
      40 District Championships
      '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
      '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
      '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
      '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
      '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Good morning fellow Lobo fans, Coaches, players and family members and confidants of this 21-22 group of players...We have less than 48 hours to get ourselves geared up physically, mentally (psychologically) and strategy-wise to GO FORWARD in taking down this nemesis.

Note that every word we utter has life and power within it. So if you know any of these kids on a personal level, I strongly encourage you to use your motivational skills to its fullest. Contrary to what some of us may think or feel, kids still need proper guidance in their quest to confront and overcome the challenges they’ll face. We can either be a source of encouragement or doubt. There is no in between.

We all are a part of this team, in the same huddle and would never “BREAK” without a voice in unison “Let's go get them”. We have a strong connection ( as fans) with those kids on the field of play. When they win, we win and when they lose, we lose. They sometimes fumble with stupid penalties and mistakes and sometimes it is us that fumble with our mouths and defeatist attitudes. We are behind them either pushing them on to success (victory) or dragging them down in conquest. This is indisputable. WE, all of us are part of this team...WE ARE LOBOS!

GO LOBOS - WE’VE got your back!

Comment

• Used every one of those as well! Plus morning Gemba walks thru the plant to observe the status of every department including targets and any issues from the previous day. Ended with a summary report on plant wide goal status. Of course during football season I always made a couple of stops to discuss The Lobos with our fans!

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
            Sounds like that Judson squad(s) are pretty lethal this year. Much better than Judson ever was when I was there lol

Beat HP!
            Judson had been an up and down program for as long as I could remember. Foster was the most consistent (and the Dragons still show consistency)...but things have changed at Judson.

They are no longer an up and down program. Judson has been equally as consistent as Foster since the state championship group came through.

Now Longview has two consistent MS programs. There's a lot of talent roaming throughout LISD these days. Even at Forest Park...who has also had success against Lufkin this year on the 7th level. All 3 middle schools are nice in that special 7th grade group.

But to your original point, yes Judson is lethal this year. The last time that I can remember both grades being so dominant at Judson in one year was 2005 when Aaron Johnson was leading the 8th grade squad, while Peter Robertson was leading the 7th. Not to mention in 2019, when the current special sophomore and freshmen groups were 8th and 7th graders.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldetexfan View Post

We were actually talking about you at practice yesterday. How we would have loved to talk football with your elders and yourself.
              Man, I am always on the road and currently in the Nashville, Tennessee area right now. If, the Lord says the same, I AM getting out of this truck for my birthday on the the 8th. I deserve that much for myself anyway. Lol! Thank GOD for the livestream though, I don’t know if I could tolerate listening to Brent Taylor and Johnny Vaughn via the radio without hurting my side laughing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quick View Post

Man, I am always on the road and currently in the Nashville, Tennessee area right now. If, the Lord says the same, I AM getting out of this truck for my birthday on the the 8th. I deserve that much for myself anyway. Lol! Thank GOD for the livestream though, I don’t know if I could tolerate listening to Brent Taylor and Johnny Vaughn via the radio without hurting my side laughing.
                You don't enjoy them falling a sleep mid game and snoring on live radio or eating some times more entertaining then the game ( Tyler isd mostly) 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post

You don't enjoy them falling a sleep mid game and snoring on live radio or eating some times more entertaining then the game ( Tyler isd mostly) 😂
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	68CB443B-851C-41B7-9475-FB51C0075A5B.gif
Views:	101
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	629067
                  Maaaaan, HELL NAW!!! Those two are something else, especially Johnny Vaughn. Popping crisp soda cans on air, burping, belching, pooting and farting. I just can’t take it anymore. I couldn’t be enclosed in that area with that crew without a confined space permit with everything that got going on in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quick View Post

I really appreciate you two guys. It reminds me of the old school teachers that actually gave a damn about you and that was their only skin in the game, to watch you develop, transition and succeed. I had teachers like Mrs. Delores Crain, Mr. Otis Ragsdale and his wife that stayed on me and made me have an appreciation of the old school way of CULTIVATING instead of this new age society that operates from a “microwave” mindset of the “right now” and “instant oatmeal” success at ANY cost. I am just cut from that old school cloth and I truly believe that’s the only way to be. It teaches you to maintain your integrity and never sell out your soul when Satan steps in and dangles something brand new and shiny without looking at the big picture and/or weighing the pros and cons of any situation.
                    Coach Ragsdale and Coach Chism lined me out a couple of times. Thats all it took from that point on!!

Im afraid parents today wouldnt tolerate coaches like them anymore. Thats too bad because those types demanded discipline and responsibility!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                      Wasn't Menefee originally supposed to be the RB of that class?

Anyway, yeah LP's sophomore class is solid. Taylor Tatum and Co did beat em by 20 last year as freshmen though...in Lufkin lol

Then again, our sophomores blew away everyone including HP last year. They're still blowing everyone out on JV this year too, despite 15-16 sophomores on varsity. Those boys are special man.

Current 9th and 10th give Longview back to back special classes and by the way, those JR's with Jalen Hale aren't bad either.

I agree Longview 10th graders are a head of Lufkins 10th graders but they did give them a decent game as fish until the 2nd half. The current freshmen are much more closer. Just looking at the middle school scores from last year. That game would go either way right now. I favor the Lufkin fish but I know you give the slight nod to the Lobo fish.

It looks like Menefee is transitioning to FS he is 6'2 so looks like he grew out of RB. He starts on the varsity.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

But y’all still have coach Quick.
                        This aint Quick fault this year. The SR and JR class for Lufkin is hot garbage. The JR class maybe not so much but the SR class is definitely pathetic. I think with the current talent level of the fish even they won't be able to mess it up in a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                          If they keep him after this year....

Lufkin is about to waste a bunch of talent coming up the ranks being loyal to that dude.
                          I think its the lack of talent more then coaching. Lufkin has never won without D1 talent and this SR class has none. Sure they probably need to make some adjustments to the staff but im tired of blaming coaching. At some point a kid has to make a tackle or hold onto the ball. Now they do have some questions that need to be answered as to why they started Moody at QB this year. Kid couldn't fall out the boat and hit water.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gametyme View Post

This aint Quick fault this year. The SR and JR class for Lufkin is hot garbage. The JR class maybe not so much but the SR class is definitely pathetic. I think with the current talent level of the fish even they won't be able to mess it up in a few years.
                            You have more faith in him than I do.

You're right the talent is down this year but y'all still have no business losing to freakin Magnolia and New Caney.

But hey, if y'all want to keep him around, you won't hear any Lobo fans complaining.
                            THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                            5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                            40 District Championships
                            '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                            '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                            '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
                            '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                            '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by Gametyme View Post

I think its the lack of talent more then coaching. Lufkin has never won without D1 talent and this SR class has none. Sure they probably need to make some adjustments to the staff but im tired of blaming coaching. At some point a kid has to make a tackle or hold onto the ball. Now they do have some questions that need to be answered as to why they started Moody at QB this year. Kid couldn't fall out the boat and hit water.
                              I hear ya.

Kids have to execute. But Lufkin has underperformed for at least a decade now, and there is one common denominator.

Starting Moody over Hammond was idiotic. Just imagine though, he'd still be on JV if not for an unfortunate injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin_L View Post

Coach Ragsdale and Coach Chism lined me out a couple of times. Thats all it took from that point on!!

Im afraid parents today wouldnt tolerate coaches like them anymore. Thats too bad because those types demanded discipline and responsibility!!
                                You’re absolutely correct. It would be a LOT of finger snapping, eye rolling and neck popping going on about, “You ain’t gon’ terch my Baybéh!!!”

Comment

Working...
                                X