*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoboBooster73 View Post

Not a big fan of running Hale on a sweep. Definitely don’t to get HIM hurt.
    He looked a little uncomfortable running. It looked like a easy TD that first run. Think he's use to running in space

Comment

• Originally posted by GeeTee View Post

He looked a little uncomfortable running. It looked like a easy TD that first run. Think he's use to running in space
      The biggest issue with those sweeps...lack of blocking.

Even when DT or Hamilton runs them, not much is accomplished due to poor blocking.
      WP4L™
      All-World
      Last edited by WP4L™; 10-03-2021, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Facts don't need our #1 weapon on offense getting hurt on these sweeps or playing defense 👀

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboBooster73 View Post

What kind of crap is that? So much for coming into the contest with a little class. Come on, y’all are better than that!
          Just slumming. We have watched from a distance, for years. These are not scary stories that have been fabricated for this one game. And we are not the only team that have the same feelings and facts.

GO LOBOS
          #BTHOHP
          LOBO4LIFE

Comment

• Originally posted by LOBOFAN84 View Post

Just slumming. We have watched from a distance, for years. These are not scary stories that have been fabricated for this one game. And we are not the only team that have the same feelings and facts.

GO LOBOS
            #BTHOHP
            Woman you better PREACH! I guess, it was just a coincidence all those years before the 6A classification was introduced that the enrollment cutoff between the 4A & 5A Classifications just ALWAYS seemed to be Highland Park’s enrollment PLUS (+1). For example, a few years ago let’s say 1,925 was the official number to be considered 5A. Well, it was almost guaranteed that Highland Park’s number would be 1,924 (1) student short “coincidentally” EVERY realignment to stay in the lower classification of 4A. Everyone around the State of Texas caught on to that BS HP was pulling before they stopped it.

All you have to do is start pulling Dave Campbell’s Texas Football Magazines from several years ago and it will clearly show what they were doing numbers wise to stay in 4A when we all know they had 5A numbers but, had intel on what the cutoff numbers were going to be or had someone in Austin, Texas working on their behalf to make sure they stayed in 4A. Of course, no job like this is done internally without a price, given the magnitude of the consequences that lay ahead if caught. So, they can miss me with that boogeyman bulls***! You’re talking to someone who watched HP continuously undermine the system for years on end with no recourse while every other football program had to toe the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quick View Post

Woman you better PREACH! I guess, it was just a coincidence all those years before the 6A classification was introduced that the enrollment cutoff between the 4A & 5A Classifications just ALWAYS seemed to be Highland Park’s enrollment PLUS (+1). For example, a few years ago let’s say 1,925 was the official number to be considered 5A. Well, it was almost guaranteed that Highland Park’s number would be 1,924 (1) student short “coincidentally” EVERY realignment to stay in the lower classification of 4A. Everyone around the State of Texas caught on to that BS HP was pulling before they stopped it.

All you have to do is start pulling Dave Campbell’s Texas Football Magazines from several years ago and it will clearly show what they were doing numbers wise to stay in 4A when we all know they had 5A numbers but, had intel on what the cutoff numbers were going to be or had someone in Austin, Texas working on their behalf to make sure they stayed in 4A. Of course, no job like this is done internally without a price, given the magnitude of the consequences that lay ahead if caught. So, they can miss me with that boogeyman bulls***! You’re talking to someone who watched HP continuously undermine the system for years on end with no recourse while every other football program had to toe the line.
              👍🏾👍🏾

Comment

• Originally posted by Quick View Post

Now, like I said on Smoaky, we cannot undermine some of the great teams they have fielded over the years and their hall of fame coach. But, all the extra curricular that has gone on through the years helped in their quest to be who they are perceived to be ALLLL over this state. And wouldn't it be something if the boys from the woods come to town and leave with the Gold Ball?

GO LOBOS!
                #BTHOHP
                LOBO4LIFE

Comment

• https://www.6atexasfootball.com/foru...481#post628481

Maybe “mindset” would be the better word. I do think most visiting teams and fans come into Highlander with a “mindset” disadvantage to some degree because of all the media hype about the home field record. That’s especially true if they also believe the absurdities mentioned in here about “paid refs” and the other delusional, fabricated notions about manipulated false enrollment reporting, secret spy moles in the UIL offices, etc, LOL. It’s all just ridiculous, but it does seem to linger as a sort of built-in “psy-ops” effect on the HP haters that is totally self-induced.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScotsFan View Post
                    https://www.6atexasfootball.com/foru...481#post628481

Maybe “mindset” would be the better word. I do think most visiting teams and fans come into Highlander with a “mindset” disadvantage to some degree because of all the media hype about the home field record. That’s especially true if they also believe the absurdities mentioned in here about “paid refs” and the other delusional, fabricated notions about manipulated false enrollment reporting, secret spy moles in the UIL offices, etc, LOL. It’s all just ridiculous, but it does seem to linger as a sort of built-in “psy-ops” effect on the HP haters that is totally self-induced.
                    All of that aside, this is going to be a huge game for Longview. HP should be the favorite of at least 10 points. Longview has been too inconsistent and QB play is not stellar. Longview will have to come out firing on all cylinders and play their game. I think HP is going to be ready for the Lobo defense and will challenge its youth. I think this game comes down to what it did last year. Can HP defense get enough stops and turnovers?

If Longview has the same stupid penalites and mistakes that happened in 4 out of 5 games, they will lose this by 2 scores. I can't wait for this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

Beside the point, but HP has not lost a single district game under Randy Allen (dating back to 99).

Both of their losses were non-district games.

This is not true. Horn broke that streak in 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grainraiser View Post

He was talking about home district games.

I thought the Horn was the home team when they beat HP in 2014?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post

All of that aside, this is going to be a huge game for Longview. HP should be the favorite of at least 10 points. Longview has been too inconsistent and QB play is not stellar. Longview will have to come out firing on all cylinders and play their game. I think HP is going to be ready for the Lobo defense and will challenge its youth. I think this game comes down to what it did last year. Can HP defense get enough stops and turnovers?

If Longview has the same stupid penalites and mistakes that happened in 4 out of 5 games, they will lose this by 2 scores. I can't wait for this game.
                          If I'm HP...I'm making the Qb beat me...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post

HP “should” be favored by at least 10 points? And this is based on what exactly?

And “If Longview has the same stupid penalites and mistakes that happened in 4 out of 5 games, they will lose this by 2 scores.” This seems unfinished to me. So what happens if we don’t have the stupid penalties and mistakes?

Glad I see it 180 degrees from what you anticipate. I think we take by at least 2 TD’s likely more (35-21).

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

HP “should” be favored by at least 10 points? And this is based on what exactly?

And “If Longview has the same stupid penalites and mistakes that happened in 4 out of 5 games, they will lose this by 2 scores.” This seems unfinished to me. So what happens if we don’t have the stupid penalties and mistakes?

Glad I see it 180 degrees from what you anticipate. I think we take by at least 2 TD’s likely more (35-21).
                              Joe…….. 2 Touchdowns???
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	D0FA86E4-FE2C-4B36-9C2C-5B9A7D63EF83.gif
Views:	154
Size:	667.0 KB
ID:	628587

Comment

• Originally posted by Grainraiser View Post

Home game. My bad, forgot that word home district game.
                                THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                                5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                                40 District Championships
                                '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                                '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                                '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
                                '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                                '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Working...
                                X