No announcement yet.

*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already almost game day for our JV/Freshmen teams.

Reminder JV plays at home tomorrow, I believe there will be a live stream?

Freshmen play at Mesquite, will be there with some updates.
    THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
    5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
    40 District Championships
    '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
    '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
    '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
    '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
    '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
      Pine Tree and Spring Hill aren't just going to voluntarily shut down their school districts. That's insane to think.
      That will never happen. That would take school boards agreeing, state approval, and then parents not to lose their minds in the process...not much chance of that happening...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post

That will never happen. That would take school boards agreeing, state approval, and then parents not to lose their minds in the process...not much chance of that happening...
        In the foreseeable future, I see zero chance of this happening. Zer0 chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
          Pine Tree and Spring Hill aren't just going to voluntarily shut down their school districts. That's insane to think.
          Agreed! The definition of INDEPENDENT as in school districts, still holds true. Neither is clamoring to fork over their long-held autonomy anytime soon. You can take that to the bank and make a deposit!

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
            People either forget or don't know that Shepp started on varsity last year as a freshman before he transferred in.

Billy is a tough, strong player...straight out of Forest Park. Nice size, Sheppard too.

Remember, Chris Head was in that '24 group too. If he ever returned....whew.

Man, I keep hearing nothing but good things about this Chris Head kid...

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

Man, I keep hearing nothing but good things about this Chris Head kid...
              He would've started, or at the very least, rotated on varsity right now had he stayed in the program.

He was a nightmare for opposite offensive tackles.

That family loves that 🏀

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post

Yall remember that situation about 6 years back when Texas City ISD absorbed La Marque ISD?

That's about the only way we'd absorb PT or SH.

Honestly, I'd be more interested in Hallsville giving up East Longview.

Comment

• Yesterday as well as today, there’s a charge of electric energy at the practices over the last couple of days. Jordan has displayed an obvious pep in his step this week. He had a very good practice today. Tutt has been practicing with the 1’s this week.

Josh was wearing a boot in practice yesterday and was MIA today. Not sure of his status for Friday but with Tutt practicing with the 1’s, my guess is they’re holding him out the remainder of the week.

Boone and Tatum were pulling/dragging heavy weight plates around the field today. They also participated in some sprints. Neither showed any impediments in foot speed. Tatum is no longer wearing the sling and didn’t look to be favoring any apparent lingering injury. Boone looked as though he’d be ready to suit up tomorrow.

Christopher Clodfelter, Sr O-lineman (6’3” 270), which has been out with injury ever since the TH scrimmage, was back in the lineup today. That’s a huge plus. His first day back...you could see that he was a little gingerly today; clearly, not yet 100%.

Hale was being Hale. He’s snagged several one-handers out of the air this week. That right hand of his looks like a pigskin magnet. Wright was targeted a lots today in practice - clutching nearly every pass thrown his way.

J. Rougely was highly energized during practice today. So was Fairchild. Willie Nelson and Chase Smith also had good practices today.

Comment

Yesterday as well as today, there’s a charge of electric energy at the practices over the last couple of days. Jordan has displayed an obvious pep in his step this week. He had a very good practice today. Tutt has been practicing with the 1’s this week.

Josh was wearing a boot in practice yesterday and was MIA today. Not sure of his status for Friday but with Tutt practicing with the 1’s, my guess is they’re holding him out the remainder of the week.

Boone and Tatum were pulling/dragging heavy weight plates around the field today. They also participated in some sprints. Neither showed any impediments in foot speed. Tatum is no longer wearing the sling and didn’t look to be favoring any apparent lingering injury. Boone looked as though he’d be ready to suit up tomorrow.

Christopher Clodfelter, Sr O-lineman (6’3” 270), which has been out with injury ever since the TH scrimmage, was back in the lineup today. That’s a huge plus. His first day back...you could see that he was a little gingerly today; clearly, not yet 100%.

Hale was being Hale. He’s snagged several one-handers out of the air this week. That right hand of his looks like a pigskin magnet. Wright was targeted a lots today in practice - clutching nearly every pass thrown his way.

J. Rougely was highly energized during practice today. So was Fairchild. Willie Nelson and Chase Smith also had good practices today.
                    Oh snap so we may get to see tut get some playing time on varsity sooner then thought if Thomas out a bit

Comment

• 8th
                      Judson beat Foster, 22-0
                      Lufkin Gold beat Forest Park, 38-12

Judson (3-0)
                      Foster (2-1)
                      Forest Park (0-3)

7th
                      Judson beat Foster, 6-0
                      Lufkin Gold beat Forest Park, 16-12

Judson (3-0)
                      Foster (2-1)
                      Forest Park (1-2)

Comment

Yesterday as well as today, there’s a charge of electric energy at the practices over the last couple of days. Jordan has displayed an obvious pep in his step this week. He had a very good practice today. Tutt has been practicing with the 1’s this week.

I'm still surprised that Clod was able to come back so fast. He'll provide much needed depth.

Comment

• Why would parents lose their minds??? Better opportunities for their kids, lower taxes , more community spirit..... heck most people who live in these districts aren't even from there. All of the nee tax base buisiness including all in buisiness park will be going to LISD...that's not good for Spring Hill and Pine tree .... it will be a rich LISD snd struggling other 2. If you look at Would be best for the city and the kids it's hands down better if day Pine tree snd Long urs consolidated . But let's just keep doing it this way... ask Spring Hill how high their taxes are. ? Ask pine tree how much growth they predict , ever?

Comment

8th graders are nice but as I've been saying....the 7th grade (2027) group is the next super group coming up the ranks. All 3 MS will produce studs and once again, Judson is pumping out a stud/dominant RB. Remember the name now: Kaidon Graves. This dude is a beast, he has 315 yards on the ground through the first two weeks. And Judson also has a stud QB in this group, Tre Hamilton...son of coach/assistant AD Johnny Hamilton. Tre is another one of those kids that we've been watching throw the ball on the sidelines for years. I'll talk more about this group later.

But bottom line, the talent well isn't drying up anytime soon.
                            Talked about Judson 7th's QB-RB tandem last week.

Judson 8th QB-RB tandem is no slouch either. Names to know: QB Houston Rowe, RB Mason Washington.

Rowe is the little brother of current stud freshman QB Maverick Rowe. RB/LB Washington is a big sized RB with big play ability. He's averaging 115 on the ground per game. He's averaging 10 YPC and has a kickoff return for TD in 2 of the 3 games so far. Watch out for WR/CB LeBron Bauer. Speed, quickness and big time playmaker. Nice talent in the trenches too from both Judson and Foster.

Comment

Talked about Judson 7th's QB-RB tandem last week.

Judson 8th QB-RB tandem is no slouch either. Names to know: QB Houston Rowe, RB Mason Washington.

Rowe is the little brother of current stud freshman QB Maverick Rowe. RB/LB Washington is a big sized RB with big play ability. He's averaging 115 on the ground per game. He's averaging 10 YPC and has a kickoff return for TD in 2 of the 3 games so far. Watch out for WR/CB LeBron Bauer. Speed, quickness and big time playmaker. Nice talent in the trenches too from both Judson and Foster.
                              There was talent all over the field last night in both 7th and 8th grade games. Some good size as well. If Washington’s number is 34. Then yes he is going to be a good one. He already has the mentality. He hits the hole fast and hard. I liked what I saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbabi86 View Post

There was talent all over the field last night in both 7th and 8th grade games. Some good size as well. If Washington’s number is 34. Then yes he is going to be a good one. He already has the mentality. He hits the hole fast and hard. I liked what I saw.
                                Yeah he's 34.

A load.

It'll be interesting to see whether he is RB or LB long term. He'll thrive regardless....but think about how loaded we are at RB and LB long term.

I don't know if you've seen that freshman LB Reese yet but man...that dude is a load. Big, mean and vicious. I know 07 is going out to watch them today...#33.
                                Last edited by WP4L™; 09-22-2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X