*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

There are measures that can and could have been taken to mitigate the severity of this illness but has instead been summarily ignored and has not been imparted as common knowledge, which if measures had been employed, could have literally saved millions of lives. I predict that within 3 years or less, as this info is made public that this country and the world will never be the same. I predict worldwide chaos and riots in the streets and eventually, thousands will be rounded up and brought to justice conducted as international tribunals (arrests, indictments and executions).
    ....Yes and it will all be brought to light by my man Q....

Comment

• Back to football.

Beat Bryant...Go Lobos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post

....Yes and it will all be brought to light by my man Q....
        Who is Q???🤷🏾‍♂️

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

Who is Q???🤷🏾‍♂️
          Lol...meant to be a joke about the ridiculous belief in Q and Qanon movement....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post

Lol...meant to be a joke about the ridiculous belief in Q and Qanon movement....
            Oh...ok lol. Never bought into that 💩; in fact, did everything within my power to ignore. I am more into the tangible...not an adherent of “belief” systems. I subscribe to “knowing”. Lol

Comment

• Anyone know if there a free stream for this Massacre by allen at Rose stadium tonight?

Comment

• EDIT - Politics

Comment

• I'm telling y'all now, for next week, West Mesquite is not to be taken lightly. They're much better than last season.
                  THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                  5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                  40 District Championships
                  '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                  '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                  '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
                  '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                  '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• 7-6 legacy late first if they able ekeep it close vs Allen our win be more impressive?

Comment

• Well never mind lol 20-6 Allen now

Comment

• Wow our blow out win over legacy look good ATM 20-14 Allen late first half

Comment

• Bryant brings a huge O-line to Longview. They average 6’4” 285 lbs and leading the charge are a couple of massive athletic Tackles in Will Diggins #54 6’4” 275 and Brooks Edmonson #60 6’4” 285. They love pulling these guys looking to create a running lanes for their speedy RB Chris Gannaway #41. We are going to have to tackle by committee; otherwise, we’ll be seeing his backside.

Their O-line seems to be at their best on running plays. Their Sr. QB Carson Burnett #16 6’2” 200 loves to run behind those massive Tackles particularly on 3rd and shorts. He’s a pretty good passer if he has time to setup in the pocket; otherwise, he’s vulnerable to speed rush as he’s not very fleet-footed.

They seem to thrive off big plays to their receivers and RB Chris Gannaway. The two (2) main go-to WR targets are sophomore Singleton #27 and speedy Jordan Knoxs #6. QB Burnett is not very fast and the O-line appears susceptible to blitz packages on sure pass downs. This is where I think our overall defensive speed will present a problem for them. I look for Devean Issac and JJ Rougely to have big games.

Their defensive front is pretty solid as well but particularly T. J. Lindsey #99 DE 6’5” 250. Also, massive Will Diggins also plays the defensive side of the ball on occasion. This will present a challenge for our running game. I don’t think their secondary matches up very well with our receiving core. Oh course whoever is playing QB will need time to throw noting that they thrive off blitz packages. If our O-line steps up to the challenge - picks up blitzes, I can see our passing game shredding them into little pieces. I look for Hale and Hamilton to present big problems for their secondary. Also, it must be noted that defensively, they seem to thrive off a lots of extracurricular pushing, shoving and taunting activities following plays. I think they use this as a means of rattling their opponents and intimidation - into submission. Lol Of course, we cannot afford to get caught up in any fool-headedness.

Another soft spot for Bryant seems to be their special teams - kickoff and punt coverage. I think this could be a boon for us. We need Amarian, Willie and D.T. to step it up.

This ought to be a fun game. I’m calling 35-24 Lobos.

Go Lobos...Beat Bryant! Time for that winning streak to come to an end!

Comment

• Where can we watch this game?

Comment

• Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post
                              Where can we watch this game?
                              Longview/Bryant? It will be broadcast on the Longview GameDay Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TexarkanaGameday

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• West is definitely improved, but man, they love to blow leads.

Were up 28-6 in the 2nd Q of this one. Now it's 34-28 Timber Creek (and TC is a bad football team for sure).

West can beat any of the 3-7 teams in this district for sure. But they just can't hold onto leads. Still think HP and Longview are significantly better than them (if we stick with Thomas)

Comment

Working...
                                X