Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
    Heavy emphasis on protecting the ball.

I'm pretty sure we wont have Tatum for a minute too...so those ball carriers will have to be on point.
    Whaaat? 👀😥

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha_Dawg1 View Post

You do realize they are evenly splitting carries with the ones in practice as of now. What does that tell ya?
      That the head coach is still making baffling choices.
      THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
      5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
      40 District Championships
      '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
      '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
      '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
      '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
      '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Who do the sub varsity's play this week

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post
          Who do the sub varsity's play this week
          Off week.

Comment

Off week.
            Well dang

Comment

• Sucks Tatum is out , but are rbu so next man up more aj now 🐺

Comment

• Playing Tatum in a game that really means nothing makes zero sense anyway .... if banged up let him sit... he's good but it's not like he's dominant at this point anyway . Other guys can pick up slack .

Comment

Sucks Tatum is out , but are rbu so next man up more aj now 🐺
                  A combination of AJ Johnson, Jarrett Lewis, DT Taylor should still be effective.

People dont know it but Amarian Hamilton can run the rock too.

Comment

A combination of AJ Johnson, Jarrett Lewis, DT Taylor should still be effective.

People dont know it but Amarian Hamilton can run the rock too.
                    Or......We can just put LIL Willie back there!!!! Problem solved. We win!!

Comment

Naw we need him at db

Comment

Naw we need him at db
                        He can do both. Several players on this team can do both.

Comment

He can do both. Several players on this team can do both.
                          True but more risk of injury, I bite my nails whenever see Hale playing DB hoping don't get hurt we need more at wr 🥺

Comment

True but more risk of injury, I bite my nails whenever see Hale playing DB hoping don't get hurt we need more at wr 🥺
                            I agree with the Hale assessment. I think Willie is more dangerous on offense than playing zone coverage on defense.

Comment

That'll work too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post

I said it a few days ago and no one could fathom it. This hasn't been settled by a long shot. I really think this is a bad game for this QB battle. I wouldn't be surprised that whoever starts has a tough time against that defensive front if we don't block. If that happens then we will continue the merry go round QB rotation...

for the record, I think Thomas should get the start and play through most of this game...
                                Following his performance against Legacy, I too have to agree that Josh ought to get the start against Bryant.

Back to Jordan for a brief. We are all aware that up until the interception, which was not his fault, he was 6 of 9 (67%) and 1 TD to Tatum. If that pass is hauled in, he would have been 7 of 10 or 70%. Not too shabby. Unquestionably, his game was not as crisp as Josh’s but other than the unforced fumble, it was not atrocious either. But as evidenced, some of us find it extremely difficult to give out any praise (whatsoever) to the young man. I think the backside sack did him in; but as the game film details, there were two (2) blown blocking assignments on that play.

Back to Josh. He’s earned the start against Bryant and IMO, it shouldn’t even be up for debate. Besides, he’s more fleet-footed and instinctively equipped to avoid a heavy rush that Bryant is likely to deploy in an effort to derail our obvious WR to their DB coverage advantage.

Again, Josh has earned the start against Bryant and as you’ve put it, “should play through most of the game” maybe even its entirety. But continued development of them both may prove indispensable to our success. We need to make sure that both gets playing time whenever the opportunity presents itself. It’s the smart thing to do. We still have a long arduous and challenging season ahead of us which again, includes COVID.

Beat Bryant....Go Lobos!
                                Last edited by JoeC; 09-15-2021, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X