*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

A little late to this party. Not a full time rb but seemingly has faded in obscurity. Forgive me but I have to give a shout out to another Lobo Great.

A player seemingly always left out of the Lobos great conversation is Donnie Centers. Today he would be described as an athlete because he was moved around between wingback and WR. He with his speed, instincts and shifty moves could be best described as a hybrid of Braylynn Anthony and Aaron Johnson. Hell he was so talented that I think he could have played QB. As a receiver, his hands were gifted as well - perfect fit for a football. He does not get his just dues or deserved notoriety because he was boxed in between Clifford Ward, Ronnie Hunter and Joe Johnson, which were proto-RB’s in a RB dominant mindset team and town. But that does not lessen his dynamism. The dude was absolutely electric. AstroTurf was designed for players like him because he was a threat to cause a grass fire. Lol Whenever he touched the ball, there was a very good chance he was taking it to the house supported by ooh’s and aah’s every step of the way. He was highly-touted and sought out eventually landing and spending his college years playing for the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Again, forgive me for topic bombing...couldn’t help myself! Although not a full time running back, I feel he deserves mentioning in the same sentence right alongside other Lobo greats!

Go Lobos...Beat Bryant Arkansas
    Donnie Centers was a great player!

Comment

Notice how smooth some people are when tooting their own horn? Lol They say stuff like “I HATE to say I told you so.” But really they don’t. You ain’t gotta lie Craig! Lmao Go ahead and toot that horn. Lmao 😂
      😂😂😂😂 you like how I did that huh joe naw but in all seriousness I’m glad we can all finally agree

Comment

A little late to this party. Not a full time rb but seemingly has faded in obscurity. Forgive me but I have to give a shout out to another Lobo Great.

A player seemingly always left out of the Lobos great conversation is Donnie Centers. Today he would be described as an athlete because he was moved around between wingback and WR. He with his speed, instincts and shifty moves could be best described as a hybrid of Braylynn Anthony and Aaron Johnson. Hell he was so talented that I think he could have played QB. As a receiver, his hands were gifted as well - perfect fit for a football. He does not get his just dues or deserved notoriety because he was boxed in between Clifford Ward, Ronnie Hunter and Joe Johnson, which were proto-RB’s in a RB dominant mindset team and town. But that does not lessen his dynamism. The dude was absolutely electric. AstroTurf was designed for players like him because he was a threat to cause a grass fire. Lol Whenever he touched the ball, there was a very good chance he was taking it to the house supported by ooh’s and aah’s every step of the way. He was highly-touted and sought out eventually landing and spending his college years playing for the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Again, forgive me for topic bombing...couldn’t help myself! Although not a full time running back, I feel he deserves mentioning in the same sentence right alongside other Lobo greats!

Go Lobos...Beat Bryant Arkansas
        I know Donnie centers and Larry …both class individuals Donnie was before my time so I never saw him play I might have to try and dig up some old film on Donnie

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfpack74 View Post

😂😂😂😂 you like how I did that huh joe naw but in all seriousness I’m glad we can all finally agree
          🤷🏾‍♂️😂🤣😂🤣😉

Comment

🤷🏾‍♂️😂🤣😂🤣😉
            😂😂😂 all love bro this is what we are supposed to do ..this is a debate forum for us to debate about our team… I respect everyone’s opinion in here …but if you have some old film of Donnie or know where I can see some let me know I wanna check him out 👀

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfpack74 View Post

😂😂😂 all love bro this is what we are supposed to do ..this is a debate forum for us to debate about our team… I respect everyone’s opinion in here …but if you have some old film of Donnie or know where I can see some let me know I wanna check him out 👀
              I don’t have or do I know where you can find film of Donnie. That would be so cool... I do have several original vintage LNJ Sports pages dating back to the late 1970’s. I always find it cool and nostalgic to revisit them from time-to-time not only the Lobos but to read up on other East Texas teams/games of the day.

Comment

• Did y'all see my man Budhha Garrett Friday night?

He had 11 tackles, 4 TFL and dropped 2-3 picks in the process. He was all over the field.....without question a future P5 player.

That sophomore class is full of dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                  Did y'all see my man Budhha Garrett Friday night?

He had 11 tackles, 4 TFL and dropped 2-3 picks in the process. He was all over the field.....without question a future P5 player.

That sophomore class is full of dogs.
                  I told my wife, with a name like that, he HAS to be a bad *** with a bright future in football! LOL

Comment

• Bryant vs Pulaski Academy Scrimmage (played as a real game):
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV363HsTz-g&t=257s

Bryant vs Benton from Week 1:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDS2m_Lh7sM

Can't find any video of their win over Marion from week 2.
                    THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                    5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                    40 District Championships
                    '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                    '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                    '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
                    '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                    '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Full Bryant 32-game winning streak list:

2018 - Conway - W 40-10
                      2018 - Fayetteville - W 28-25 *Playoffs*
                      2018 - Fort Smith Northside - W 28-7 *Playoffs*
                      2018 - North Little Rock - W 27-7 *State Final*
                      2019 - Benton - W 42-14
                      2019 - Bentonville West - W 38-0
                      2019 - Fayetteville - W 42-13
                      2019 - Fort Smith Northside - W 42-7
                      2019 - Little Rock Catholic - W 56-7
                      2019 - Little Rock Central - W 55-14
                      2019 - Fort Smith Southside - W 55-0
                      2019 - Cabot - W 55-10
                      2019 - North Little Rock - W 38-10
                      2019 - Conway - W 42-7
                      2019 - Fayetteville - W 42-14 *Playoffs*
                      2019 - Bentonville West - W 35-0 *Playoffs*
                      2019 - North Little Rock - W 21-7 *State Final*
                      2020 - Benton - W 48-7
                      2020 - Marion - W 57-17
                      2020 - Cedar Hill Trinity Christian (TX) - W 44-40
                      2020 - Fort Smith Northside - W 48-7
                      2020 - Little Rock Catholic - W 31-3
                      2020 - Little Rock Southwest - W 70-0
                      2020 - Cabot - W 42-14
                      2020 - North Little Rock - W 58-21
                      2020 - Conway - W 70-33
                      2020 - Rogers Heritage - W 34-7 *Playoffs*
                      2020 - Springdale Har-Ber - W 48-22 *Playoffs*
                      2020 - Conway - W 56-14 *Playoffs*
                      2020 - North Little Rock - W 27-17 *State Final*
                      2021 - Benton - W 42-3
                      2021 - Marion - W 58-7

They're no doubt a very, very good team, but looking at these results...I find it hard to say we wouldn't have done the exact same if we weren't playing these same teams.

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Interesting to see that the closest game they've had in those 32-games was that Trinity Christian match up last season (a team that DeSoto played and beat 62-29).

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
                          Bryant vs Pulaski Academy Scrimmage (played as a real game):
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV363HsTz-g&t=257s

Bryant vs Benton from Week 1:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDS2m_Lh7sM

Can't find any video of their win over Marion from week 2.
                          Their qb looks slow we able to get pressure defense gonna eat him up

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
                            Interesting to see that the closest game they've had in those 32-games was that Trinity Christian match up last season (a team that DeSoto played and beat 62-29).
                            Lol course they played a Texas private school we all know Texas public school ball isn't great. We win by 10+

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin_L View Post

I told my wife, with a name like that, he HAS to be a bad *** with a bright future in football! LOL
                              That dude can play some damn football.

I can't express enough how much I love that sophomore group. Those JRs are very good but those sophomores are special. Look at FB/RB Alijah Johnson on this play. Big gain by Jarrett Lewis but the run is set up by great blocking on behalf of Johnson (#15). He just executes everything. https://youtu.be/3_zMHjrb-PQ?t=9296

Comment

• WP4L™ agreed I’m excited about the sophomore class and I said it once and I’ll say it again I’m VERY impressed with Alijah Johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X