*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rockin_L View Post

Tatum tends to "tiptoe" sometimes too much. He's young and hopefully will realize his potential as the season goes on.
    Once he realizes he is the same size as some D lineman and bigger than LB majorities...he will start running through people. He is really a big kid now that's gonna get bigger and faster. Virtually the same size as Legacy's 2 Sr backs

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
      Good QBs tend to sense presnap pressure. They'll either adjust protection accordingly....or they'll know off the top that once they snap that ball...they may have to improvise.

That's one thing that I've always said about Thomas. He has that QB sense. He's not a deer in headlights in the face of pressure. Honestly, its been a while since we've had a QB utilize his feet and athleticism to their advantage and that is the added dangerous element to this offense that Thomas provides. I use to want HK to do it more often so bad, specifically in that 2019 season.
      That's one of the things I liked bout Haynes...he could pre-snap read. I really do believe if Grant kid would have stuck it out another year...he and Thomas would prolly be battling

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post
        Not good haynes goes down after 3rd down run limps off field end up helped to back for x-rays 🙄 noooooo hope nothing serious....
        He’s in a boot on the sidelines it looks like. Man.
        THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
        5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
        40 District Championships
        '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
        '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
        '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
        '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
        '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

He’s in a boot on the sidelines it looks like. Man.
          🙄 Damn man not good

Comment

• Originally posted by GeeTee View Post

That's one of the things I liked bout Haynes...he could pre-snap read. I really do believe if Grant kid would have stuck it out another year...he and Thomas would prolly be battling
            Facts.

Comment

• THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
              5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
              40 District Championships
              '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
              '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
              '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
              '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
              '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Hearing fracture 🙄

Comment

This is my point exactly. It is the responsibility of Leadership...every system should hope for the best while simultaneously preparing for the worst. The old Murphy’s Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post

Hearing fracture 🙄
                    Damn shame!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

This is my point exactly. It is the responsibility of Leadership...every system should hope for the best while simultaneously preparing for the worst. The old Murphy’s Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
                      It’s called Contingency Planning.

Comment

• Any update on Tatum?

Comment

Well who was that standing on the lines after halftime partially uniformed up no longer padded out wearing a sling on his right arm. Sure looked like JJ???
                          He was home sick! Not going into details he’s my nephew and he was sick most of the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                            I'm curious to know GeeTee top 5.

He already said McCray would be in his top 5.....but when you follow a program that also has Fred Talley, Vondrell McGee, Babydoo Hunter, Joe Johnson, Cliff Ward, Braylynn Anthony, Andre Davis, Kaden Meredith, Keilyn Williams, Johnny Garrett, Willie Andrews (whenever he played RB) etc....I'd imagine that constructing that top 5 can be challenging.
                            A little late to this party. Not a full time rb but seemingly has faded in obscurity. Forgive me but I have to give a shout out to another Lobo Great.

A player seemingly always left out of the Lobos great conversation is Donnie Centers. Today he would be described as an athlete because he was moved around between wingback and WR. He with his speed, instincts and shifty moves could be best described as a hybrid of Braylynn Anthony and Aaron Johnson. Hell he was so talented that I think he could have played QB. As a receiver, his hands were gifted as well - perfect fit for a football. He does not get his just dues or deserved notoriety because he was boxed in between Clifford Ward, Ronnie Hunter and Joe Johnson, which were proto-RB’s in a RB dominant mindset team and town. But that does not lessen his dynamism. The dude was absolutely electric. AstroTurf was designed for players like him because he was a threat to cause a grass fire. Lol Whenever he touched the ball, there was a very good chance he was taking it to the house supported by ooh’s and aah’s every step of the way. He was highly-touted and sought out eventually landing and spending his college years playing for the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Again, forgive me for topic bombing...couldn’t help myself! Although not a full time running back, I feel he deserves mentioning in the same sentence right alongside other Lobo greats!

Go Lobos...Beat Bryant Arkansas

Comment

• Should be ready for Bryant.

Comment

A little late to this party. Not a full time rb but seemingly has faded in obscurity. Forgive me but I have to give a shout out to another Lobo Great.

A player seemingly always left out of the Lobos great conversation is Donnie Centers. Today he would be described as an athlete because he was moved around between wingback and WR. He with his speed, instincts and shifty moves could be best described as a hybrid of Braylynn Anthony and Aaron Johnson. Hell he was so talented that I think he could have played QB. As a receiver, his hands were gifted as well - perfect fit for a football. He does not get his just dues or deserved notoriety because he was boxed in between Clifford Ward, Ronnie Hunter and Joe Johnson, which were proto-RB’s in a RB dominant mindset team and town. But that does not lessen his dynamism. The dude was absolutely electric. AstroTurf was designed for players like him because he was a threat to cause a grass fire. Lol Whenever he touched the ball, there was a very good chance he was taking it to the house supported by ooh’s and aah’s every step of the way. He was highly-touted and sought out eventually landing and spending his college years playing for the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Again, forgive me for topic bombing...couldn’t help myself! Although not a full time running back, I feel he deserves mentioning in the same sentence right alongside other Lobo greats!

Go Lobos...Beat Bryant Arkansas
                                He was a great DB too!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X