No announcement yet.

*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whenever we played north Little Rock years back werent they suppose to be the best in Arkansas at the time and had a stud rb going to bama and we took it to them my point don't ever count them Bos out especially at home🐺

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfpack74 View Post
      For those saying thomas JUST separated himself with last night performance clearly don’t know what they are looking at ive been saying he was the better quarterback since day one and some on this forum have been saying the same.. if we can see it plain as day I don’t see how coach king had such a hard decision …not tooting my own horn but glad Thomas proved me right dominant performance last night from what I seen Thomas can make every throw now let’s open up the playbook from here on out like we did last night because we are going to need it… let’s go lobos #lobonation #Howboutthemlobos 😎 🐺
      Notice how smooth some people are when tooting their own horn? Lol They say stuff like “I HATE to say I told you so.” But really they don’t. You ain’t gotta lie Craig! Lmao Go ahead and toot that horn. Lmao 😂
      Last edited by JoeC; 09-11-2021, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post
        Whenever we played north Little Rock years back werent they suppose to be the best in Arkansas at the time and had a stud rb going to bama and we took it to them my point don't ever count them Bos out especially at home🐺
        And that was the defense & special teams winning the day.

We scored only two offensive scores that night, while NLR also only scored two scores.

But a punt return and a blocked punt return saved the day (plus a safety).

That said, this team is a much, much better team than North Little Rock has ever been.
        THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
        5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
        40 District Championships
        '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
        '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
        '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
        '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
        '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

And that was the defense & special teams winning the day.

We scored only two offensive scores that night, while NLR also only scored two scores.

But a punt return and a blocked punt return saved the day (plus a safety).

That said, this team is a much, much better team than North Little Rock has ever been.
          From what I understand they play teams with less enrollment then em? Be interesting to see playing same enrollment as them.

Comment

• In this 3 year streak have they played any oos games outside of state? Or all less talented Arkansas teams?

Comment

• [QUOTE=GoLobos;n621241]
              Originally posted by Rockin_L View Post

James Street, won national title and went 20-0 at Texas
              Just a note. Jeb Blount, class of 72 is the only Lobo QB to play QB in the NFL. (So Far) Blount played on a BAD Lobo team that went 3-6-1 in Clint Humphreys first season. He also got sacked 11 times in one game by a sophomore linebacker from JT named Earl Campbell. I guess that wasnt enough so they moved Earl to RB and the rest is history Yeah I know..Another Father Time story! LOL!

Comment

• Until we lose a oos game on the field and not a forfeit to evangel , I believe in the bos to find away to win this oos game as well Bos by ten with late fg to lock the dub

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfpack74 View Post
                  Not to mention Haynes king WAS held back a grade but I won’t go there 😂😂😂
                  He was REDSHIRTED.LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by oldetexfan View Post

He was REDSHIRTED.LOL!
                    He was held back in middle school

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post
                      In this 3 year streak have they played any oos games outside of state? Or all less talented Arkansas teams?
                      They played Trinity Christian out of Cedar Hill last year at home, won 44-40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1cZOj0XddQ

Comment

• AFTER WEEK THREE -

5-5A Division I:
                        1) Frisco Wakeland (2-0, 1-0)
                        2) Denton Ryan (2-1, 1-0)
                        3) Frisco Lone Star (2-1, 1-0)
                        4) Lewisville The Colony (1-2, 1-0)
                        5) Frisco Independence (1-1, 0-0)
                        6) Frisco Heritage (2-1, 0-1)
                        7) Denton (0-3, 0-1)
                        8) Frisco Centennial (0-3, 0-1)
                        9) Frisco Reedy (0-3, 0-1)
                        Eliminated:
                        None

6-5A Division I:
                        1) Dallas Bryan Adams (3-0, 1-0)
                        2) Dallas Sunset (3-0, 1-0)
                        3) Dallas W.T. White (2-1, 1-0)
                        4) Lancaster (2-1, 1-0)
                        5) Dallas Wilson (1-1, 0-0)
                        6) Carrollton Newman Smith (1-2, 0-1)
                        7) Carrollton R.L. Turner (1-2, 0-1)
                        8) Dallas Molina (0-3, 0-1)
                        9) Dallas Samuell (0-3, 0-1)
                        Eliminated:
                        None

7-5A Division I:
                        1) Highland Park (2-1, 0-0)
                        2) Longview (2-1, 0-0)
                        3) Sherman (2-1, 0-0)
                        4) West Mesquite (2-1, 0-0)
                        5) Wylie East (2-1, 0-0)
                        6) McKinney North (1-2, 0-0)
                        7) Tyler (1-2, 0-0)
                        Eliminated:
                        None

8-5A Division I:
                        1) College Station (3-0. 1-0)
                        2) Magnolia West (3-0, 1-0)
                        3) New Caney (3-0, 1-0)
                        4) Cleveland (2-1, 1-0)
                        5) Conroe Caney Creek (1-1, 0-0)
                        6) Waller (1-1, 0-1)
                        7) Lufkin (1-2, 0-1)
                        8) Magnolia (1-2, 0-1)
                        9) New Caney Porter (0-3, 0-1)
                        Eliminated:
                        None

CURRENT PROJECTIONS
                        D5 #1. Denton Ryan vs D6 #4. Dallas W.T. White
                        D7 #3. Sherman vs D8 #2. Magnolia West
                        D5 #4. Frisco Independence vs D6 #1. Lancaster
                        D7 #2. Longview vs D8 #3. New Caney

D5 #3. Frisco Wakeland vs D6 #2. Dallas Bryan Adams
                        D7 #1. Highland Park vs D8 #4. Magnolia
                        D5 #2. Frisco Lone Star vs D6 #3. Dallas Woodrow Wilson
                        D7 #4. Tyler vs D8 #1. College Station

Comment

• DISTRICT 5
                          District play is underway in District 5, and every result went almost as expected. Frisco Wakeland remained undefeated following a 56-2 victory over Frisco Centennial. The Wolverines now sit 2-0 after their seconds straight dominating victory, while the Titans fall to 0-3. Frisco Lone Star got back into the win column, rolling to a 51-24 win over previously undefeated Frisco Heritage. Denton Ryan struggled offensively against winless Frisco Reedy, but the Raiders hung tough and knocked off the Lions, 28-10. The Colony knocked off Denton High, 38-17, to pick up their first win of the season while Frisco Independence was off this week. Next week, it’s another week of separation I feel. Denton Ryan gets a bye, basically, against Denton High. Frisco Reedy and Frisco Heritage is an early playoff eliminator. Frisco Wakeland and The Colony is another big game with huge playoff implications. Frisco Independence will take on Frisco Lone Star. Denton Ryan should still win the district, but I think last night showed they’re definitely not the team they were last season. Defensively, they are very good still. But offensively, they’re just not there yet. I think most Lobo fans saw that in week 1, but a lot of mistakes made the score as bad as it was. Lone Star is their biggest competitor, not even a question so far. But going with them at number two for now. Frisco Wakeland has been extremely impressive to start the year, so will give them the 3rd spot. That 4th spot is going o be really interesting, for sure. Even though they won, I’m just not convinced The Colony will get there this year, and it’s going to come down to either Heritage or Independence. Right now, I’m going with Independence.

DISTRICT 6
                          Another opening week of district in the region as District 6 got underway on Friday night. Newman Smith looked poised to pick up the biggest upset of the week, only to see the Cougars of Bryan Adams rebound in the 2nd half and roll to a 31-14 lead, after trailing 14-7. Bryan Adams moved to 3-0 on the year with the win. Another 3-0 team in the district came in the hands of Dallas Sunset’s 42-33 win over Carrollton RL Turner. The Lions dropped to 1-2 with the loss. WT White got a huge win this week with the 42-21 win over Dallas Molina, to drop the Jaguars to 0-3 on the year. And Lancaster steamrolled winless Dallas Samuell, 62-0. Next week, Turner faces a do or die situation against WT White, Newman Smith gets the honor of getting blown out by Lancaster this week, Molina takes on Samuell in the winless bowl and probably the only chance for a win for either this year while Woodrow Wilson takes on undefeated Dallas Sunset in a big game for playoff positioning. Bryan Adams is off. Obviously, this is still Lancaster’s district to win. It’s clear this is Bryan Adams’ best team in quite a while, but they’re still not going to knock off Lancaster. I don’t know how to buy into Sunset, in terms of this district. I think Woodrow Wilson and WT White are better than them, and that’s how I’m going to go right now. Lancaster, Bryan Adams, Woodrow Wilson then WT White.

DISTRICT 7
                          One thing is clear, this district is much more competitive this season, top to bottom, than last. Longview finally got on the rails last night, after falling behind 10-0 to start the game, to roll to a 46-20 win over previously undefeated Tyler Legacy. A big win for the Lobos to right their season, and improve to 2-1. Highland Park jumped out to a 21-0 halftime lead before strolling to a 28-13 win over Coppell. I really still don’t know what to read on Highland Park. Coppell is clearly not a good team, and yes they got up 3 scores, but it still looks like they struggled a bit, especially in the 2nd half. Sherman improved to 2-1 after a dominating 52-10 win over Saginaw. Maybe last week’s last second Hail Mary touchdown is exactly what the Bearcats needed to get on their own rails. West Mesquite trailed at halftime against Fort Worth Chisholm Trail, before lighting up the scoreboard in the second half in route to a 57-36 win over the Rangers. The Wranglers could easily, easily be 3-0 right now if not for a blocked punt against Poteet. Tyler High picked up their first win of the season, with a 40-12 win at Nacogdoches. McKinney North fell to 1-2 after a 41-29 loss at Marshall. And Wylie East suffered their first loss of the season, with a 48-20 loss at Royse City. Next week will be the last week of non district play for the teams, except for Wylie East who takes on Paris in like week 10. I want to see more consistency from Longview before I pick them to top Highland Park still, so going HP the #1 spot and Longview at the #2 spot for now. But I do think the margin is incredibly small, even less if Longview sticks with Thomas at QB. 3 through 7 is just completely wide open I feel. I’m not buying into the Wylie East train, to be honest. They were not good when I saw them against Mount Pleasant. Tyler seems to have gotten their offense on track, while North was extremely exposed this week. Sherman and West put on impressive shows this week. I’ll got with Highland Park, Longview, Sherman and Tyler in the top 4 for now.

DISTRICT 8
                          District play opened in District 8 with 3 undefeated teams remaining undefeated. College Station rolled to a 38-10 win over Magnolia, a game closer than I anticipated but against a tough Magnolia defense, that was still a solid win for the Cougars. New Caney rolled over cross town rival New Caney Porter, 41-14, to keep the Spartans at 0-3 on the year. And Magnolia West walked into Abe Martin and picked up a massive 28-14 win over Lufkin. The biggest upset of the night came at the hands of the Cleveland Indians, who steamrolled Waller, 31-6. A much, much improved Cleveland teams this year. Conroe Caney Creek was off. Next week, Lufkin travels to Magnolia in a massive, massive game for playoff implications. Cleveland will get to show how improved they are next week as they travel to Magnolia West. Conroe Caney Creek travels to Waller in, stop me if you’ve read this already, a massive game for playoff implications. College Station travels to New Caney Porter, in what should not be much of a contest. New Caney is off. So let’s look at the district. College Station is one of the best teams in the state, and I fully believe they will go undefeated this season, especially in this district. Magnolia West picked up a huge win at Abe Martin. Even with Lufkin down, it’s always big to win at Abe. Reading some of the posters on the Lufkin board though, they were not impressed with West. After Lufkin lost their quarterback, the Bulldogs never really got too far away from the Pack. But still, two score win is a nice win. New Caney has just steamrolled everyone this season, other than Marshall. Cleveland, Magnolia and Lufkin seem to be the big three that will be fighting for that #4 spot. If Lufkin’s QB is truly done of the year, I just don’t see how they can overcome it. Their coaching staff doesn’t adjust enough to plan for that. Magnolia is the question mark for me. They just don’t seem to have the offense to keep up, but I still don’t think Cleveland is as good as they are. So going with College Station, Magnolia West, New Caney and Magnolia for the top 4.

Comment

• [QUOTE=oldetexfan;n622250]
                            Originally posted by GoLobos View Post

Just a note. Jeb Blount, class of 72 is the only Lobo QB to play QB in the NFL. (So Far) Blount played on a BAD Lobo team that went 3-6-1 in Clint Humphreys first season. He also got sacked 11 times in one game by a sophomore linebacker from JT named Earl Campbell. I guess that wasnt enough so they moved Earl to RB and the rest is history Yeah I know..Another Father Time story! LOL!
                            Man, talking about Father Time. I’m really fixing to disclose my age. I grew up right around the corner from the old Lobos field house and practice facilities. I recall at the starry-eyed age of 10-11 going up there and watching the Lobos and James Street practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post
                              The group that’s been attending practices full well know what I’m talking about. 🤫
                              I'll be there Monday!

Comment

• Not good haynes goes down after 3rd down run limps off field end up helped to back for x-rays 🙄 noooooo hope nothing serious....

Comment

Working...
                                X