*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quick View Post

Amen, Brother. If, Thomas had’ve shown anything remotely close to what he did last night in the Texas High scrimmage, he would have been the starter since day one. And, I agree on still someone supporting Allen and keeping his morale up. That SIMPLE roll out play where Allen clearly had a defender in his face and done a half-a throw only to have it violently, swatted down like a volleyball really irked John King and I believe that coupled with Thomas’ relentless effort and play probably sealed Allen’s fate last night as the backup for the remainder of this season.
    Bro them 2 plays right there...I thought I was the only person noticed that. I thought he for surely saw that LB coming from the edge. My armchair quarterback self saw it. And the batted ball was a give up throw. And it's not bashing the kid but IMO...he is a backup. And will most likely be a backup next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin_L View Post
      There should have never been a QB debate.
      The coaches saw something they weren’t comfy with...🤷🏾‍♂️

Note, the young man showed a side of himself last night that personally, I’d never seen. Clearly, he stepped up his game! Maybe he ate some oysters on the half shell. 💪🏽Whatever it was, keep’em coming. I like-ee Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

Well who was that standing on the lines after halftime partially uniformed up no longer padded out wearing a sling on his right arm. Sure looked like JJ???
        Sling on right arm was Taylor Tatum.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeeTee View Post

He took a hard shot from #9 but he got up...slowly. I still believe he hasn't got acclimated to getting hit hard. But hell I wouldn't either so...🤷🏾‍♂️. I believe King wanted a change of pace. 15 played a good amount
          Tatum tends to "tiptoe" sometimes too much. He's young and hopefully will realize his potential as the season goes on.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Kingwolf;n622106
            Allen will probably start next week if not get some solid playing time at minimum. I can almost promise you that the starting QB is not settled yet.[/QUOTE]

👀If Josh does not start following that stellar performance, I will be absolutely dumbfounded! 👀

Comment

• Originally posted by GeeTee View Post

Bro them 2 plays right there...I thought I was the only person noticed that. I thought he for surely saw that LB coming from the edge. My armchair quarterback self saw it. And the batted ball was a give up throw. And it's not bashing the kid but IMO...he is a backup. And will most likely be a backup next year.
              Good QBs tend to sense presnap pressure. They'll either adjust protection accordingly....or they'll know off the top that once they snap that ball...they may have to improvise.

That's one thing that I've always said about Thomas. He has that QB sense. He's not a deer in headlights in the face of pressure. Honestly, its been a while since we've had a QB utilize his feet and athleticism to their advantage and that is the added dangerous element to this offense that Thomas provides. I use to want HK to do it more often so bad, specifically in that 2019 season.
              Last edited by WP4L™; 09-11-2021, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                Sling on right arm was Taylor Tatum.
                Cool. My bad. Would have sworn I saw JJ on a hard mad rush at Legacy’s QB early in the second quarter?

Well...hope JJ is feeling better soon - like by the next game soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin_L View Post

Tatum tends to "tiptoe" sometimes too much. He's young and hopefully will realize his potential as the season goes on.
                  He'll be alright. As a matter of fact, I really hope he's okay. We'll need him. He was having a big night before his injury. He had that long TD catch, on top of that TD run in which he made a nice move at the los.

Although, this will open the door for fellow sophomore FB/RB Alijah Johnson to receive more reps. He actually had a good night yesterday too. Had a catch in the flats for a long gain + a TD run. Johnson is a beast....one of my favorite underclassmen in the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfpack74 View Post
                    same I saw from day one he was the better quarterback and I’ve been saying it here all along and somebody on this thread said earlier thomas hasn’t shown any clear separation from Allen … Well he CLEARLY proved it tonight hopefully we can move forward with him as the full time starter
                    Yes, I said that, and I stand by it. The separation wasn't clear... until now.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                      Although, this will open the door for fellow sophomore FB/RB Alijah Johnson to receive more reps. He actually had a good night yesterday too. Had a catch in the flats for a long gain + a TD run. Johnson is a beast....one of my favorite underclassmen in the program.
                      I am a BIG Fan of AJ as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfpack74 View Post
                        The separation didn’t start tonight anybody that knows what they are looking at could clearly see......
                        Seeing potential and seeing results are not the same things. I think most of us saw the potential, but after last night we now have clear results. Thomas is QB1.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

I honestly can’t remember an incompletion if he did have one.
                          Yeah, but I believe it was a throwaway, getting rid of the ball instead of taking a sack. So it was the right decision for the situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

Cool. My bad. Would have sworn I saw JJ on a hard mad rush at Legacy’s QB early in the second quarter?

Well...hope JJ is feeling better soon - like by the next game soon.
                            Its all good. Yeah, 45 was definitely not in the building.

Now, think about that for a second. We were missing probably our 2nd best defensive player behind Devean Isaac ...and the D still dominated an offense that'd scored 62 the week before.

Berry has that defense rolling. Now, if the DBs start getting that head turned around when the ball is in the air, man.
                            Last edited by WP4L™; 09-11-2021, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Huge dub last night even tho we been owning legcay everyone thought this was the year it ends , nope we came out and dominated never count out em bos! 🐺🐺🐺 Now on to next week next big test before hp we gonna protect our house from foreigners

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthias View Post

Tutt has excellent mechanics, and Rowe is an alpha dog. I'm more interested in the competition between those two than anyone else.

Allen is still a talented athlete. I think there are ways to get him on the field. Also, it never hurts to have depth.
                                Tutt vs Rowe would actually be a real QB battle. A true toss up. Honestly, the biggest QB battle that I've seen at Longview. These are your HK influences coming up the ranks that I talked about.

Love what both of those dudes bring to the field. If you asked me TODAY who I'd take and forced me to answer, I'd give the edge to Tutt.

Tutt is like Alijah Johnson. He just does what he is told and executes....particularly very dangerous off play action. He doesnt come across as overly athletic but make no mistake, if he sees a lane, he's getting at least 15 yards. In my opinion, no QB in the program currently runs the triple option better than Tutt.

Now, Rowe is perhaps more fun to watch than Tutt. A little bit more flashy. A little more energy in his throws and overall play style. Sort of a whodini at times...he can pull off plays that'll leave you saying "how in the hell did he do that?". Like Thursday night against Legacy. Rowe was under serious pressure, I for sure thought he was sacked. But nope. He made some moves, twisted away from 3-4 defenders and was still able to complete a pass to Kason Brooks. How he even saw Brooks is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                                X