Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MenOfValor View Post

    They damn sure don't teach common sense
    Says the guy who's trying to talk smack to a fan base who's program has completely owned the team he cheers for.
    THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

    1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
    1997
    5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
    40 District Championships
    '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
    '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
    '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
    '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
    '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MenOfValor View Post

      They damn sure don't teach common sense
      You obviously cannot teach common sense. Either you have it, or you don't. If it was teachable.........nevermind. It is just futile to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

      GO LOBOS!
      LOBO4LIFE

      Comment


      • OL


        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-08-03-09-05-18_2.png
Views:	218
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	610691
        Longview 2023 (JR) LT Jax Norman (6'1 240)


        Click image for larger version

Name:	jessefairchild.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	610690
        Longview 2022 (SR) RT Jesse Fairchild (6'2 260)


        Click image for larger version

Name:	blairwilliams.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	610689
        Longview 2023 (JR) G Blair Williams (6'2 325)



        Longview is often labeled "RBU" because of its rich backfield history. But in front of every great Longview RB is often a good OL. The game is won in the trenches and per the usual, this area of the team has drawn the most attention from our fan base throughout the off-season...especially after a less than stellar performance against Ryan to end the year in 2020, a team that we'll once again see in a few weeks. Of course John King, being the OL guru that he is, and the staff have been on top of them rather hard. It's definitely not easy playing OL in Longview. So, what will Longview look like upfront in 2021? We'll look closer at this in 3 parts.
        Three big position changes:
        Originally, Longview was going to have 4 returning starters up front. But 2 interior guys left the team in the offseason for reasons ranging from injury/surgery to other. So, that left the two tackles, LT DeQualin Vaughn and RT Jax Norman, who started for the Lobos last season as a sophomore. Big position change #1 involved Vaughn being moved from LT to TE ....as mentioned during the TE right up. Jax Norman (6'1 240) then moved from RT to LT, which is big position change #2. Norman is probably the best player on the OL and if not for his size, would probably be a low end FBS recruit. But then that left a hole at RT. King went to the defensive side of the ball and brought Jesse Fairchild (6'2 260) from the DL to RT for big position change #3. Fairchild is a guy that many of us were really looking forward to seeing wreak havoc on the DL this fall. I'm hoping that we still see him some on defense...many believe that he was our best defensive lineman coming into the season. But his length and ability to move was needed at tackle. He's a good player.
        A solid 2023 prospect:
        Norman isn't the only talent out of the '23 class. Blair Williams backed up the LG position last season as a sophomore until an injury against Tyler High. He was easing back from the injury during spring. He was being utilized at both left and right guard during spring ball so Williams will start at one of the guard positions for Longview the next two years. There's a lot of D1 potential here at 6'2 325. When healthy, he is a pancake machine.
        Questions in the interior:
        Center and one guard position was still a big question mark by the end of spring. The staff shuffled a lot in this area, trying to find the best fit. The C position saw 2023 JR Mongo Williams (6'0 250), 2023 JR Corbin Akers (5'9 260) and 2024 Soph Tavion Morgan (5'10 250) see snaps. The G position that wasn't occupied by Blair Williams, mostly RG, saw 2022 SR Christian Arnett (6'3 280), 2022 SR Chris Clodfelter (6'2 275) and some 2023 JR Ethon Polty (6'0.5 260). There's no shortage of talent here, just need to establish starters and start building chemistry.

        A big thing that Longview will have to clean up for sure is penalties up front. Not necessarily technique (holding calls) but the Longview OL had trouble with snap counts in 2020. Way too many false start penalties which ultimately cost us the game against Highland Park IMO. Good news is Jax Norman, Blair Williams and Jesse Fairchild are solid 3 players to build around. There may be some growing pains and gelling in the beginning, but its Longview. The OL will be fine as the season progresses.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

          Wade has 5 offers.

          Hale has 32.
          Add two more for Jalen.



          THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

          1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
          1997
          5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
          40 District Championships
          '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
          '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
          '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
          '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
          '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

          Comment


          • Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
            OL


            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-08-03-09-05-18_2.png
Views:	218
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	610691
            Longview 2023 (JR) LT Jax Norman (6'1 240)


            Click image for larger version

Name:	jessefairchild.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	610690
            Longview 2022 (SR) RT Jesse Fairchild (6'2 260)


            Click image for larger version

Name:	blairwilliams.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	610689
            Longview 2023 (JR) G Blair Williams (6'2 325)



            Longview is often labeled "RBU" because of its rich backfield history. But in front of every great Longview RB is often a good OL. The game is won in the trenches and per the usual, this area of the team has drawn the most attention from our fan base throughout the off-season...especially after a less than stellar performance against Ryan to end the year in 2020, a team that we'll once again see in a few weeks. Of course John King, being the OL guru that he is, and the staff have been on top of them rather hard. It's definitely not easy playing OL in Longview. So, what will Longview look like upfront in 2021? We'll look closer at this in 3 parts.
            Three big position changes:
            Originally, Longview was going to have 4 returning starters up front. But 2 interior guys left the team in the offseason for reasons ranging from injury/surgery to other. So, that left the two tackles, LT DeQualin Vaughn and RT Jax Norman, who started for the Lobos last season as a sophomore. Big position change #1 involved Vaughn being moved from LT to TE ....as mentioned during the TE right up. Jax Norman (6'1 240) then moved from RT to LT, which is big position change #2. Norman is probably the best player on the OL and if not for his size, would probably be a low end FBS recruit. But then that left a hole at RT. King went to the defensive side of the ball and brought Jesse Fairchild (6'2 260) from the DL to RT for big position change #3. Fairchild is a guy that many of us were really looking forward to seeing wreak havoc on the DL this fall. I'm hoping that we still see him some on defense...many believe that he was our best defensive lineman coming into the season. But his length and ability to move was needed at tackle. He's a good player.
            A solid 2023 prospect:
            Norman isn't the only talent out of the '23 class. Blair Williams backed up the LG position last season as a sophomore until an injury against Tyler High. He was easing back from the injury during spring. He was being utilized at both left and right guard during spring ball so Williams will start at one of the guard positions for Longview the next two years. There's a lot of D1 potential here at 6'2 325. When healthy, he is a pancake machine.
            Questions in the interior:
            Center and one guard position was still a big question mark by the end of spring. The staff shuffled a lot in this area, trying to find the best fit. The C position saw 2023 JR Mongo Williams (6'0 250), 2023 JR Corbin Akers (5'9 260) and 2024 Soph Tavion Morgan (5'10 250) see snaps. The G position that wasn't occupied by Blair Williams, mostly RG, saw 2022 SR Christian Arnett (6'3 280), 2022 SR Chris Clodfelter (6'2 275) and some 2023 JR Ethon Polty (6'0.5 260). There's no shortage of talent here, just need to establish starters and start building chemistry.

            A big thing that Longview will have to clean up for sure is penalties up front. Not necessarily technique (holding calls) but the Longview OL had trouble with snap counts in 2020. Way too many false start penalties which ultimately cost us the game against Highland Park IMO. Good news is Jax Norman, Blair Williams and Jesse Fairchild are solid 3 players to build around. There may be some growing pains and gelling in the beginning, but its Longview. The OL will be fine as the season progresses.
            Agreed, I was looking forward to Jesse Fairchild causing opposing offenses/QB’s misery. Hopefully, we find value in him playing both sides of the line.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JoeC View Post

              Agreed, I was looking forward to Jesse Fairchild causing opposing offenses/QB’s misery. Hopefully, we find value in him playing both sides of the line.
              I think the emergence of other pass rushers during the spring played a role in Fairchild being moved to offense as well.

              The SR class like Kaleb Woolridge and Hudson Loyd are providing some quality depth for the DL. They may not necessarily start but will be good rotational guys.

              But, still would like to see Fairchild on both sides from time to time. Mainly in the big matchups.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                I think the emergence of other pass rushers during the spring played a role in Fairchild being moved to offense as well.

                The SR class like Kaleb Woolridge and Hudson Loyd are providing some quality depth for the DL. They may not necessarily start but will be good rotational guys.

                But, still would like to see Fairchild on both sides from time to time. Mainly in the big matchups.
                While I understand the move somewhat, I absolutely HATE the move with Fairchild to the offensive line. So, I am perplexed because for all of the hoopla regarding our alleged gaudy, numbers for football turnout year in and year out, one would think we should utilize that so-call luxury or surplus, if you will to develop those hidden gems in our underclassmen???

                One thing we do KNOW for sure is that Fairchild was a beast defensively; especially on J.V. It just appears like a very, lazy a$$ move to me to go pull arguably your best defensive lineman and GAMBLE on fatiguing and burning him out on the UNKNOWN.
                Last edited by Quick; 08-05-2021, 07:27 AM.

                Comment


                • .... let the coaches decide. He’s better able to help the team on that side.
                  Last edited by Lobos99; 08-05-2021, 05:43 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Lobos99 View Post
                    .... let the coaches decide. He’s better able to help the team on that side.
                    The very, FIRST time I see you start complaining this year, I am going to give you this same sentiment, “Let the coaches decide”……

                    Comment


                    • This team
                      isnt winning a state title ok... it’s about expectations that are realistic. This has a chance to be a good team, probably not a great team due to the lack of experience in many areas. Coaches do a great job.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Lobos99 View Post
                        This team
                        isnt winning a state title ok...
                        Honestly, who's to say they can't this season? If the right choices are made, and things go our way (just as they have to for every state champion).

                        We have as good a chance as any of the top teams in this class, imo. Not saying it will or should, but no reason to go into this season of all seasons defeated like that.
                        THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

                        1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                        1997
                        5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                        40 District Championships
                        '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                        '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                        '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
                        '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                        '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

                          Honestly, who's to say they can't this season? If the right choices are made, and things go our way (just as they have to for every state champion).

                          We have as good a chance as any of the top teams in this class, imo. Not saying it will or should, but no reason to go into this season of all seasons defeated like that.
                          This is my sentiment exactly. I had a very interesting conversation about Fairchild the other day. I was told by someone who knows that the reason he was moved was because of the POTENTIAL we have to win it this year with what we have returning everywhere but the Oline and secondary. I don't necessarily agree with the direction we are going QB wise, but we have a solid team going to hit the field this year. Offensively, we honestly have as many weapons as we have had in the last few years if not more.

                          Comment


                          • I'm really, really hoping that QB situation fixes itself before district...but we'll see.

                            I really think that is one of the missing pieces we have going into this fall.
                            THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

                            1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                            1997
                            5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                            40 District Championships
                            '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                            '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                            '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
                            '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                            '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

                            Comment


                            • [IG[/IGm

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MenOfValor View Post
                                [IG[/IGm
                                Huh we don't speak Tyler

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X