Clear All

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
    RB

Click image for larger version

Name:	taylortatum.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	608717
    Longview 2024 (Sophomore) RB Taylor Tatum (5'11.5 195)

Name:	dekalontaylor.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	608715
    Longview 2022 (SR) ATH DT Taylor (5'7 160)

Name:	jarrettlewis.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	608716
    Longview 2022 (SR) RB Jarrett Lewis (5'10.5 180)

3,830 rushing yards and 57 rushing TD's with 60 total TD's. Those are the career varsity stats for the now departed Kaden Meredith who took his talents to the Air Force Academy. Meredith's career at Longview was pretty successful to say the least. He won a state championship, he became the programs' all time leading scorer and his career rushing yards came 2nd to Fred Talley. It's pretty hard to duplicate that success. But from an ability standpoint, could Longview be on the verge of actually upgrading at the RB position? It sounds crazy....but the answer to that question could indeed be yes. If you're searching for reasons why, look no further than incoming sophomore RB Taylor Tatum. Folks, Taylor Tatum is on the verge of not only being one of the best RB's in the state for the 2024 class, who could be one of the top RBs in the nation when its all said and done. He already holds an offer from Washington and when you pair his size with his skill, we may not have seen a back like Tatum around here ever. Tatum is inching closer and closer to that 6'0 mark and is a very good athlete. He played 4 sports last fall and looks like a major baseball prospect as well. Depth will also be a plus this year compared to last season, with the SR class providing some good chain moving runners. Dekalon (DT) Taylor will get looks at both RB and WR. Taylor may be the hardest worker on the team and to be honest, he may be the most explosive due to his speed, which we saw him display at times during 2020. Taylor is not only the fastest player on the team, he's one of the fastest in the state. He clocked a 10.49 100m at the UIL state track meet. Another runner to watch for is SR Jarrett Lewis who was a JV stud a year ago. Lewis was very productive on the JV. He won't wow you with flashy lateral moves but he's pretty good at finding lanes and trusting his blockers. The last runner to know is Jon'Khavien Bates. Soak and wet, he's probably 5'4 140...but that Longview toughness sure is on display when he runs the ball. It's not Keilyn Williams level of remarkable or anything like that, but he tends to break off runs that you don't expect him to. Small chance, but a chance none the less, that you'll see 2024 stud and varsity starter at CB Willie Nelson involved at the RB position as well.
    Any back gonna break Talley's career yards Tatum will be it being probably be starter sophomore year that extra year could be the key

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post

Any back gonna break Talley's career yards Tatum will be it being probably be starter sophomore year that extra year could be the key
      He has a chance to if he stays healthy + deep runs.

But its gonna be tough regardless. Longview doesn't run the ball as much as they use to + these WRs and TEs will have to get their looks too over the next few years.

Comment

I believe Tatum will have a good career, but it's hard for me to believe he will break Talley's record, because he lacks home run speed at the moment. Hale, Wright and Peco( if he sticks with football) will demand touches for this year and next. The two freshman backs from the 2025 class will also vie for touches next year and the year after. These factors could limit his production. We shall see.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
          Wait is over!
          Not trying to be greedy but how about the young guys coming into the 9th grade? I know of Washington, but I think there are others.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldetexfan View Post

Not trying to be greedy but how about the young guys coming into the 9th grade? I know of Washington, but I think there are others.
            Kelvin Washington (Judson) and Kason Brooks (Foster) are incoming freshmen to watch for at the RB position. Foster also has a damn good fullback coming up that I'll speak about next time when I release the FB write up. He and Alijah Johnson from the '24 class will make the FB position very fun to watch in the future.

IMO, Washington is the better of the two but make no mistake... there is no shortage of talent from Brooks who is also a stud on defense...his brother will start for the Lobos the next two years on defense. Heavy bloodlines from the '97-'98 teams.

Bonus: Ke'Adryan Parker in that 2024 group is sneaky good himself. He will be RB1 on JV.

We're about to be beyond spoiled with backfield talent the next several years.

Comment

• Originally posted by LOBOFAN84 View Post
              Ok.....Something I thought was peculiar. I was in Tyler today. Passed by all the new construction at Legacy. Their new tennis courts are finished and right by the road. Their courts are blue and the little covers in between each court is.....you guessed it, GREEN. So, am I the only one confused by their new color scheme that has no relation to the actual school colors?

GO LOBOS
              P.S. The GREEN looked GREAT!
              Oh their finished with that? I may drive through there tomorrow and take a glance. As far as colors of a tennis court, that doesn't mean anything significant. Ive never heard of schools painting tennis courts school colors

Comment

• Originally posted by MenOfValor View Post

Oh their finished with that? I may drive through there tomorrow and take a glance. As far as colors of a tennis court, that doesn't mean anything significant. Ive never heard of schools painting tennis courts school colors
                The very, last sentence is unequivocally the most knowledgeable and coherent statement that you’ve ever made on here.

Comment

• Lobo Offensive Line: We can NOT have THIS happen again this year by Denton Ryan, Highland Park nor ANY team for that matter. The Denton Ryan Football website has their own official “COUNTDOWN TO LONGVIEW” time clock currently running.

#Retribution

Name:	3D7F62D7-FCE0-4F15-830F-82952AA4B0EC.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	950.9 KB
ID:	608797

Comment

• Originally posted by MenOfValor View Post

No its its not. Yall git blew in 2019 or 2020 by California team. So this was more recent. Stop lying
                    Did you ever find the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Quick View Post
                      Lobo Offensive Line: We can NOT have THIS happen again this year by Denton Ryan, Highland Park nor ANY team for that matter. The Denton Ryan Football website has their own official “COUNTDOWN TO LONGVIEW” time clock currently running.

#Retribution

Name:	3D7F62D7-FCE0-4F15-830F-82952AA4B0EC.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	950.9 KB
ID:	608797
                      bear is gone i feel better we shall see

Comment

bear is gone i feel better we shall see
                        I am glad you do. The offensive line is a question mark for me, but WP4L has me feeling somewhat better about it. They have a few returning on their Dline and their linebackers are head hunters...we are going to be pushed hard right from the opening snap...can't wait to see how we perform.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post

I am glad you do. The offensive line is a question mark for me, but WP4L has me feeling somewhat better about it. They have a few returning on their Dline and their linebackers are head hunters...we are going to be pushed hard right from the opening snap...can't wait to see how we perform.
                          good we don't want any easy games wont help come playoffs, they may beat us week one but we be better come playoffs

Comment

Don't get me wrong....you have every right to be concerned about the OL. I definitely understand...the game is won in the trenches.

I just think there's a pretty good chance that they'll be fine as a unit with Norman, Williams (Blair) and Fairchild anchoring things up front. It may not show the 1st week but....I think they'll be okay as the season progresses. Tx-High and Ryan will definitely test them hard.

We'll talk about that though. FB position is coming tonight/tomorrow.

Comment

• Ahmad Farrier was a pivotal part of the Tigers offensive line this past spring. He continue this into his junior season.

Comment

They are going to be pushed hard too - from the opening snap. “Iron sharpens iron.” Personally, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Final thought, Bear was a disrupter and unquestionably a difference maker last year but he’s gone like dust in the wind. Last year is over and highly irrelevant in respect to what’s about to go down. Can hardly wait for that first snap. “Go Lobos and to hell with everybody else!”👍🏾😡

Comment

Working...
                                X