*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha_Dawg1 View Post

I have been to every afternoon practice. Thomas is a legit QB, throws a nice deep ball, but Allen has been more consistent on all throws. And what really sets Allen apart is his ball placement. He throws the ball away from the defender in tight coverage consistently. You can tell the game has slowed down for him.
    Allen does a good job of taking care of the ball which is something that I saw even last spring. Ball placement is a big reason why. Heck, there has been a few practices where I thought Allen won the day.

Long story short, I believe everything that Allen is good at, Thomas is also good at. Although he's gotten better, I still dont quite believe Allen has the deep ball that Thomas has. Thomas is very good at hitting them deep in stride...the WRs arent having to kill their routes to adjust to the ball as much. I also like Thomas' release more...he gets the ball out of his hands a little quicker.

I think the thing that I've been most impress with concerning Allen's growth is his mobility...he's more agile than people realize but Thomas may have edge in that department too. Its close.

Lastly, and most important to me. Its one thing to be tossing the rock to Jartaivan Wright/Jalen Hale/Amarian Hamilton etc... But whenever the two QBs are throwing to the 2nd unit of pass catchers...Thomas thrived a little more than Allen in the practices I saw.

Its been a bit back and forth but I think Thomas has been more impressive by a slight margin. We all know the spring game never lies. I cant wait to see who comes out on top today.
    Last edited by WP4L™; 05-17-2021, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
      Allen does a good job of taking care of the ball which is something that I saw even last spring. Ball placement is a big reason why. Heck, there has been a few practices where I thought Allen won the day.

Long story short, I believe everything that Allen is good at, Thomas is also good at. Although he's gotten better, I still dont quite believe Allen has the deep ball that Thomas has. Thomas is very good at hitting them deep in stride...the WRs arent having to kill their routes to adjust to the ball as much. I also like Thomas' release more...he gets the ball out of his hands a little quicker.

I think the thing that I've been most impress with concerning Allen's growth is his mobility...he's more agile than people realize but Thomas may have edge in that department too. Its close.

Lastly, and most important to me. Its one thing to be tossing the rock to Jartaivan Wright/Jalen Hale/Amarian Hamilton etc... But whenever the two QBs are throwing to the 2nd unit of pass catchers...Thomas thrived a little more than Allen in the practices I saw.

Its been a bit back and forth but I think Thomas has been more impressive by a slight margin. We all know the spring game never lies. I cant wait to see who comes out on top today.
      Doesn't the 2nd unit offense go up against the 2nd unit defense? Allen has been money on the deep ball. Perhaps it looks different, but he has definitely had positive results.

Comment

• Looking like gonna be a wet one tonight if they don't reschedule it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post
          Looking like gonna be a wet one tonight if they don't reschedule it.
          It'll be cleared out by 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha_Dawg1 View Post

Doesn't the 2nd unit offense go up against the 2nd unit defense? Allen has been money on the deep ball. Perhaps it looks different, but he has definitely had positive results.
            Thomas with the same players around him against the same units has looked better.

And if "money" means that the pass was completed, sure. But he doesnt hit em in stride like Thomas especially outside of the numbers. Allen has thrown some good deep balls but Jartaivan Wright has also had to adjust mid route to many Allen deep balls this spring as well.

Comment

• On another note, I have a feeling that Taylor Tatum will have a strong spring game.

Watch out for Omarion Watkins on that defensive line too. 260 pounder in the middle.

Comment

• Will it be streamed ?

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post
                  Will it be streamed ?
                  I'm not sure.

Comment

Thomas with the same players around him against the same units has looked better.

And if "money" means that the pass was completed, sure. But he doesnt hit em in stride like Thomas especially outside of the numbers. Allen has thrown some good deep balls but Jartaivan Wright has also had to adjust mid route to many Allen deep balls this spring as well.
                    Sure there have been some adjustments like all WR have to make. I have seen him hit them in stride. I have seem him put the ball where only the WR can catch it. Thomas has had some good balls too. I have seen less overthrown and underthrows from Allen. Allen throws the ball into coverage less often too.

Comment

• Any word on scrimmage? Disappointed it wasn’t streamed entirely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobo82 View Post
                        Any word on scrimmage? Disappointed it wasn’t streamed entirely.
                        Thoughts coming later.

Thomas is our best QB btw.

Comment

Thoughts coming later.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind after what I saw today who should be starting. The talent on the field today at all levels was pretty sick. I'll wait to see your assessment. I would be interested to get your evaluation on the depth of the O-line.

Comment

Thoughts coming later.

I have a feeling this is going to be an epic write up, looking forward to reading it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind after what I saw today who should be starting. The talent on the field today at all levels was pretty sick. I'll wait to see your assessment. I would be interested to get your evaluation on the depth of the O-line.
                              Looking forward to both of y'all's thoughts!
                              THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                              5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                              40 District Championships
                              '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                              '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                              '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
                              '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                              '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Thoughts coming later.

I’ll post my thoughts tomorrow as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X