*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post

Well Thomas is a one and done tho Allen still can have chance in 2022 well if he can beat out tutt
    If Thomas is the better QB, even if one and done, he should start. Still, it’s May. We’ve got a long way to go until August.
    THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
    5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
    40 District Championships
    '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
    '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
    '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
    '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
    '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• I've been saying this since the two were freshmen, another thing I've always said is that an athlete always takes their largest leap between their sophomore and junior years...and Jartaivan Wright more so took a long jump than a leap...he has been phenomenal this spring. And by the way, Amarian Hamilton is a good talent too.

Comment

• THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Beat Ryan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gametyme View Post

No doubt Thomas is the #1 QB ?
            Hell Naw!!! Man, I'm in the lone minority here on this transfer from Jefferson, Texas. I'm telling y'all, that Allen has the inside track with the experience of these elite defenses that we've faced. Hell, get me out there in the Spring with no significant rush with time to throw to the receivers and I'll look good, too.
            This is a whole 'nother type animal up here in 5A & 6A and he's about to find out REAL quick that the game speed is exponentially faster and the depth charts are DEEP up here with guys rotating in and out with fresh "tanks" of oxygen after you've been on the run all game long.

Allen, has the stamina for that as he proved that to me with his body of work last year. I'm not about to anoint someone as the starter based off a feeling/emotion. Your résumé has to show me more than getting blanked by the Center RoughRiders 48-0 and skull drugged by the Gladewater Bears 51-13. That AIN'T going to cut it up here and I’ll stand on that even if I have to stand alone. I look at your ENTIRE body of work and that includes WHO you competed against. I know it's a team sport but, if he's that dynamic of a player that can provide such an impact then your team doesn't go 3-7 last year.

And, that's not all on him by no stretch of the imagination but, at the same time he's NOT that spark that 99% of y'all are acting like he is and ESPECIALLY for this program where we have athletes all over the place, up and down the field. If, we were getting a Tyrik Rollison type of quarterback where you could legitimately see the tangibles and had a PROVEN résumé to validate his notoriety, then YEAH. I could see the hoopla. I'm going with Allen as the starter and depending on where Mr. Grant is in his development, I would go with him instead. I refuse to just discredit the work, time and heart that these other guys have put in here just because I seen him throw 2 or 3 fairly decent spirals to wide open receivers with NO ONE in his face to put him under real-time duress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quick View Post

Hell Naw!!! Man, I'm in the lone minority here on this transfer from Jefferson, Texas. I'm telling y'all, that Allen has the inside track with the experience of these elite defenses that we've faced. Hell, get me out there in the Spring with no significant rush with time to throw to the receivers and I'll look good, too.
              This is a whole 'nother type animal up here in 5A & 6A and he's about to find out REAL quick that the game speed is exponentially faster and the depth charts are DEEP up here with guys rotating in and out with fresh "tanks" of oxygen after you've been on the run all game long.

Allen, has the stamina for that as he proved that to me with his body of work last year. I'm not about to anoint someone as the starter based off a feeling/emotion. Your résumé has to show me more than getting blanked by the Center RoughRiders 48-0 and skull drugged by the Gladewater Bears 51-13. That AIN'T going to cut it up here and I’ll stand on that even if I have to stand alone. I look at your ENTIRE body of work and that includes WHO you competed against. I know it's a team sport but, if he's that dynamic of a player that can provide such an impact then your team doesn't go 3-7 last year.

And, that's not all on him by no stretch of the imagination but, at the same time he's NOT that spark that 99% of y'all are acting like he is and ESPECIALLY for this program where we have athletes all over the place, up and down the field. If, we were getting a Tyrik Rollison type of quarterback where you could legitimately see the tangibles and had a PROVEN résumé to validate his notoriety, then YEAH. I could see the hoopla. I'm going with Allen as the starter and depending on where Mr. Grant is in his development, I would go with him instead. I refuse to just discredit the work, time and heart that these other guys have put in here just because I seen him throw 2 or 3 fairly decent spirals to wide open receivers with NO ONE in his face to put him under real-time duress.
              Grant left football to focus on baseball

Comment

Hell.........
                I refuse to just discredit the work, time and heart that these other guys have put in here just because I seen him throw 2 or 3 fairly decent spirals to wide open receivers with NO ONE in his face to put him under real-time duress.
                https://twitter.com/JordanA2023/stat...749413893?s=19
                LOBO4LIFE

Comment

• What time is scrimmage on Monday?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumbs up 81 View Post
                    What time is scrimmage on Monday?

Comment

Man, if Thomas is the better QB then he should play. Just like King should’ve started the 2017 season.

And if Allen is the better QB then he should play too.

Just because Allen has played against Highland Park and Ryan in the past, doesn’t mean a thing (and those were the only two good defensive units we played all year). We scored 20 points in 8 quarters against them. Just meh.

Comment

So, before spring ball started....I actually said that I wanted to see what Thomas could do in a green helmet before I could fully formulate an opinion on him.

Well, I've seen it. Multiple practices. You have to go actually watch him play man and get rid of that emotion, because the dude has skills. Now, I think we're all in agreement that 5A/6A ball is a totally different animal from 4A and below (which is why I dont worship the ground that Surratt stands on like others). And normally, I'd have reservations because of that. However, this dude is from Jefferson. You remember Malik Cannon from the 2019 defense? He sure translated well....in fact...he was probably the 2nd best player on that defense behind Tyshawn Taylor. Jefferson kids are tough as hell for some reason. Now, regarding Jefferson's record last year....you have to understand that Thomas only played in like 6 of those games. And in those 6 games, Jefferson not only picked up all of their wins...he went for over 1,300 yards and 10 TD's. Another 400 and 4 TDs on the ground. He had no Jalen Hale's around him....he had nothing. He also has an offer, D1 bloodlines....that may not necessarily tell us his talent level but it definitely tells us that SOMETHING is there.

I didn't say all of that as a slight to Allen. I've said numerous times over the course of spring, he is miles ahead of where he was last year and continues to get better. But ask me who has impressed me more this off-season....be it ironman, camps, spring ball etc...its been Thomas. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

And Grant is straight baseball now (damn good pitcher), no longer football.
                        Last edited by WP4L™; 05-17-2021, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post

Grant left football to focus on baseball
                          Wow.... That's very, unfortunate. I seen it coming though.

Comment

Wow.... That's very, unfortunate. I seen it coming though.
                            I wouldnt be shocked if the "loser" of Allen/Thomas left the program too.

Comment

• If that happens then that says it all about kids anymore and athletics! Nobody wants to fight it out and support snd wait for their time! Always running for an easier path. I disagree , I don’t See Allen leaving if he doesn’t start! Why should he? He’s only a jr. he’s on the Lobos snd he still might play this year. Stop with the lose snd flight attitude! Stay snd fight for what you want!just my opinion.Allen is a good kid! Let him be one!

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                                So, before spring ball started....I actually said that I wanted to see what Thomas could do in a green helmet before I could fully formulate an opinion on him.

Well, I've seen it. Multiple practices. You have to go actually watch him play man and get rid of that emotion, because the dude has skills. Now, I think we're all in agreement that 5A/6A ball is a totally different animal from 4A and below (which is why I dont worship the ground that Surratt stands on like others). And normally, I'd have reservations because of that. However, this dude is from Jefferson. You remember Malik Cannon from the 2019 defense? He sure translated well....in fact...he was probably the 2nd best player on that defense behind Tyshawn Taylor. Jefferson kids are tough as hell for some reason. Now, regarding Jefferson's record last year....you have to understand that Thomas only played in like 6 of those games. And in those 6 games, Jefferson not only picked up all of their wins...he went for over 1,300 yards and 10 TD's. Another 400 and 4 TDs on the ground. He had no Jalen Hale's around him....he had nothing. He also has an offer, D1 bloodlines....that may not necessarily tell us his talent level but it definitely tells us that SOMETHING is there.

I didn't say all of that as a slight to Allen. I've said numerous times over the course of spring, he is miles ahead of where he was last year and continues to get better. But ask me who has impressed me more this off-season....be it ironman, camps, spring ball etc...its been Thomas. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

And Grant is straight baseball now (damn good pitcher), no longer football.
                                I have been to every afternoon practice. Thomas is a legit QB, throws a nice deep ball, but Allen has been more consistent on all throws. And what really sets Allen apart is his ball placement. He throws the ball away from the defender in tight coverage consistently. You can tell the game has slowed down for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X