Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post

We saw how a speedy Lancaster season ended tho
    Lancaster was all finesse and no physicality.

Longview is fast and physical.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeeTee View Post

Put that in perspective...Fred won state with a 10.43...and we knew he was fast hell! This kid is only gonna get faster. We got a legit shot to have a Lancaster speed type of team this year.
      Yeah, DT has wheels.

He is the fastest football player we've had since Eric Hawkins.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post

True that

Comment

• Just wondering, how did the baseball team do today?

Comment

Yeah, DT has wheels.

He is the fastest football player we've had since Eric Hawkins.
            Just curious. How fast was Braylynn Anthony? That dude was scary fast too. When he was running, I swear everybody else seemed to be running in slow motion...

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

Just curious. How fast was Braylynn Anthony? That dude was scary fast too. When he was running, I swear everybody else seemed to be running in slow motion...
              You know, a lot of the fast players we've had didnt even run track but Anthony's football speed was tremendous from an eye test standpoint. I believe he was actually a 4.5 high end 4.4 guy in ironman but he was so great at understanding running lanes....seemed like he was a 4.3 guy.

Anywho, Taylor is faster. And although he wasnt better, Hasty was probably faster than Anthony too. Anthony and Meredith would've been a good race.

Comment

• Originally posted by FANOFLOBOS View Post
                Just wondering, how did the baseball team do today?
                Let's just say, we'll have everyone available for spring ball Monday lol

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

In 2 games against Hallsville, (1JV, 1V), he must have had 600 yards rushing, I'm not sure they EVER tackled him!

Comment

Let's just say, we'll have everyone available for spring ball Monday lol
                    Should be an interesting week of practice!

Comment

Longview 4x100, which features 2023 WR Jalen Hale and 2022 ATH Dekalon Taylor, just ran a 40.79 at UIL state. That was good for 2nd place, missing first by .13
                      Longview speed in perspective....

Duncanville's 4x1 just clocked a 41.39.

And two of our relay members (Jalen Hale and DT Taylor) will be focal points in our offense.

Comment

• So we will be at full strength in football on Monday. Congrats to the baseball team on a great season!!

Comment

Ain’t that the damn truth.

Man, I am really interested to see how Lancaster is next year. More so they get to play actual non district games etc. they’ll still roll their district. With a new coaching staff and losing all these star players, it’s going to be incredibly interesting.

Hopefully we won’t really have to pay too much attention to them, as that would mean we’ve beaten Highland Park, but still.
                          THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                          5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                          40 District Championships
                          '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                          '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                          '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
                          '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                          '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

Ain’t that the damn truth.

Man, I am really interested to see how Lancaster is next year. More so they get to play actual non district games etc. they’ll still roll their district. With a new coaching staff and losing all these star players, it’s going to be incredibly interesting.

Hopefully we won’t really have to pay too much attention to them, as that would mean we’ve beaten Highland Park, but still.
                            Honestly, 2020 Lancaster > 2021 Lancaster by a good margin, especially if they lose their QB to the "transfer portal" like you've seen several of their other top players.

But looking at everyones situation in 5AD1, if it aint HP or Ryan....we have no business losing to them. And even HP and Ryan are dealing with key question marks.

HP replacing 72% of their starters.

Ryan replacing 50% of their starters, BUT they have a good '23 class coming up. The problem for them is they also lost Bear Alexander, several key defensive coaches....and they also arent doing spring ball this year.

'Bos have as good of a chance as anyone to do big things this year. Just have to continue to gain chemistry, work on our craft and play Lobo football. I'm not too woried about the 5-6 sophomores that could start this year because they're all talented plus Ryan showed everyone last year that you can win it all playing youth as they started multiple sophomores. Not to mention, its gearing us up even more for 2022 Longview....which I've been on record saying that team will be one of 'those' teams like '18, '04, '97, '75 etc. I believe 2022 will resemble 2004 Longview but with a hint more spice.
                            Last edited by WP4L™; 05-09-2021, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Just fingers crossed we get someone not named Lufkin in round 1 this year. Give me someone new for a change.
                              THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                              5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                              40 District Championships
                              '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                              '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                              '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
                              '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                              '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Fingers crossed for #1 seed and no LP first round, although I'm not expecting them to be very good.

Wouldnt be shocked if College Station, New Caney and Magnolia are better.

Comment

Working...
                                X