*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

Have we heard anything out of HP for Spring ball? I think you said they got a transfer in at QB again, wondering how they were looking.
    I was reading they don't return a lot, but that Storer kid at QB is another good one for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
      Storer was QB2 on varsity last year.
      Thought he was on the JV last year as a So?

Comment

Storer was QB2 on varsity last year.
        Not sure at what point if he moved up, but Storrer was on JV in non-dist.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post

he didnt do much against our freshman tho? well then again who did lol
          He's a 2023, those Hudl highlights are from 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by hook em 22 View Post

Not sure at what point if he moved up, but Storrer was on JV in non-dist.
            Y'all are right. Started the year on JV, ended it as varsity QB2.

Comment

Amarian Hamilton too....and we'll get to see that monster RB/WR Dekalon Taylor after his state track meet and baseball. 2024 stud Dekaylen Reese (6'2) will be a varsity WR too after being a stud CB for the freshmen team in '20. 2024 Ethan Harrison (6'1) has been practicing with varsity too.

Something else that happened, the staff converted returning starting LT De'qualin Vaughn to TE1. Now we have a TE tandem of Victor Bush and Vaughn (6'2-6'3 230).

Targets all over the place.

And yes, secondary is the largest area to keep an eye on. As a matter of fact, the 3 main areas to keep an eye on are:

Secondary (specifically CB)
              OL
              K/P

They've been trying different combinations in the secondary. The most consistent lineup has probably been:

CB Soph Willie Nelson
              CB Soph Jaiden Simmons
              SS JR Ta'Darion Boone
              S Soph Budhha Garrett
              S SR Omarion Wallace/JR Drake Mayfield
              So I take it that Dekaylen Reese (6'2) as you’ve given mention as “a stud CB for the freshmen team”, is not even being considered for that role on the varsity?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

So I take it that Dekaylen Reese (6'2) as you’ve given mention as “a stud CB for the freshmen team”, is not even being considered for that role on the varsity?
                He will be a varsity WR. Ethan Harrison (6'1) could also be a varsity WR out of that group.

It was always WR or CB for him, I was hoping CB but looks like it'll be WR.

I'm guessing because Willie Nelson has come on strong at the CB position.

Comment

• Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post

I was reading they don't return a lot, but that Storer kid at QB is another good one for them.
                  HP was hit hard by graduation.

4 return on offense, 2 on defense.

The biggest thing to address will be defense because I really don't see their offense falling much. Storer will be an upgrade at QB, he'll have plenty of targets, they'll have to find someone to run the ball and they do lose 4 out of 5 OL but they have good linemen coming up such as 2023 Robert Sweeney (6'6 260), who already has a few offers.

I think they could be better offensively this year if the OL comes along, I'm sure it will. The two starters they return on defense are DE Jack Curtis and OLB George Wright....both amazing players. Curtis will be in the mix at HBack offensively....they're probably going to try and use him similarly to how Ryan used Ja'Tavian Sanders (another reason why I think they could be better on O in '21). Wright is the one who caught the game sealing INT vs Longview. But replacing those 9 other positions will be key. I think they'll be good defensively but definitely not as good as they were last year.

Comment

He will be a varsity WR. Ethan Harrison (6'1) could also be a varsity WR out of that group.

Loaded at the wr position I see

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post

Loaded at the wr position I see
                      Yes and incoming freshmen will provide even more.

JV will be very good too. 2024 RB Ky'Adryan Parker is a stud and will be JV RB1. People may not know him yet because Taylor Tatum and Willie Nelson were in the spotlight out of the backfield on the A team and even at Foster Buddha Garrett was the man in the backfield but Parker is a talent. Along the lines of Keilyn Williams.

That 2024 group is something special.

You still have Washington coming out of Judson this fall, Odom and Brooks coming out of Foster....the future of the Longview backfield is brighter than gold.
                      Last edited by WP4L™; 05-02-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• We don't rebuild, we reload. All the could have been years we are over do for one those multiple State title runs🐺🐺

Comment

They've been trying different combinations in the secondary. The most consistent lineup has probably been:

CB Soph Willie Nelson
                          CB Soph Jaiden Simmons
                          SS JR Ta'Darion Boone
                          S Soph Budhha Garrett
                          S SR Omarion Wallace/JR Drake Mayfield
                          Could you please detail height, weight and speed (40 yrd dash) details for each of this group...

Comment

So I take it that Jaiden Simmons must also be a stud in his own rights...

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

Could you please detail height, weight and speed (40 yrd dash) details for each of this group...
                              I don't know the 40 times, maybe WP4L can fill that in but from Hudl (might be inaccurate):

CB Willie Nelson - 5'8 160
                              CB Jaiden Simmons - 5'11 150 (his hudl says 4'11, but i think that's wrong)
                              SS Ta'Darion Boone - 5'8 160
                              S Budhha Garrett - 6'0 165 (4.5 40)
                              S Omarion Wallace - Not Listed and Drake Mayfield - Also not listed

Sorry about the last two, but hopefully that helps you out a bit mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post

I don't know the 40 times, maybe WP4L can fill that in but from Hudl (might be inaccurate):

CB Willie Nelson - 5'8 160
                                CB Jaiden Simmons - 5'11 150 (his hudl says 4'11, but i think that's wrong)
                                SS Ta'Darion Boone - 5'8 160
                                S Budhha Garrett - 6'0 165 (4.5 40)
                                S Omarion Wallace - Not Listed and Drake Mayfield - Also not listed

Sorry about the last two, but hopefully that helps you out a bit mate.
                                It does...helps a lot that is...thank you Sir.

Well Jaiden Simmons at 4’11”, I seriously hope Hudl has it wrong; of course, unless he has Spud Webb’e seismic type hops. Lol 😂I was hoping for Keenan Madden, Traveion Webster, Roshodrick Harmon, and Jalen Carr types...6’ - 6’2” height range DB’s. Kinda wishful thinking huh? It seems as though these WR keeps getting taller making coverage exceedingly difficult for the 5’8” guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X