No announcement yet.

*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to watch Spring Training today...Good crowd of fans there. Saw some good throws by the Qbs, some good catches, and some strong runs. Defense looked good for the first day also. Secondary has great potential. Dont have a roster yet so cant be sure who some players are. But I know some young guys are now on defense as WP4L had mentioned earlier and fullback looks promising as well as RB. I'll continue to update later this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldetexfan View Post
      Went to watch Spring Training today...Good crowd of fans there. Saw some good throws by the Qbs, some good catches, and some strong runs. Defense looked good for the first day also. Secondary has great potential. Dont have a roster yet so cant be sure who some players are. But I know some young guys are now on defense as WP4L had mentioned earlier and fullback looks promising as well as RB. I'll continue to update later this week.
      Encouraging start.

Hoping for no injuries for sure!
      THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
      5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
      40 District Championships
      '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
      '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
      '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
      '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
      '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

Encouraging start.

Hoping for no injuries for sure!
        A few players not fully participating yet due to baseball and track, but that gives others more opportunities to impress the coaches. Should be a fun few weeks!

Comment

• From another thread in the 1a-5a board, Huge loss for DR....

From the DMN

Keithian “Bear” Alexander, a four-star defensive lineman and a Georgia pledge, confirmed to The Dallas Morning News Wednesday that he’s transferred from Denton Ryan to Fort Worth Brewer.

Brewer will be Alexander’s fourth high school. He told The News that his father accepted a coaching position at the school.

“One last walk [on] the field with my Dad,” he said in a direct message.

Brewer, coached by former DeSoto coach Todd Peterman, went 4-6 a year ago.

Alexander started his playing career at Terrell. He quickly emerged as a player to watch in the class of 2022, earning District 8-5A defensive newcomer of the year honors. He then transferred to Skyline, but the respective district executive committee ruled that he transferred for athletic purposes, making him ineligible and unable to play his sophomore season.

Alexander then transferred to Denton Ryan. He was ruled eligible to play for Ryan in early November. He provided a boost for an-already loaded Denton Ryan defense, helping the Raiders win the 5A state championship.

“Bear was a great player when he got here, and I think he’s an even better player now. He’s valuable, and he’s one of many players who helped us get to that state championship,” Denton Ryan head coach Dave Henigan told Steve Gamel of The Denton Record-Chronicle. “He has some family things that have caused him to move, and we wish him nothing but the best moving forward and nothing but luck as he continues on into the end of his high school career.”

Alexander, a 6-foot-3, 325-pound prospect, is rated as the 38th overall prospect in the country, according to 247Sports’ composite rankings.

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-scho...in-four-years/

Comment

• Will probably talk some OL later on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post
              From another thread in the 1a-5a board, Huge loss for DR....

From the DMN

Keithian “Bear” Alexander, a four-star defensive lineman and a Georgia pledge, confirmed to The Dallas Morning News Wednesday that he’s transferred from Denton Ryan to Fort Worth Brewer.

Brewer will be Alexander’s fourth high school. He told The News that his father accepted a coaching position at the school.

“One last walk [on] the field with my Dad,” he said in a direct message.

Brewer, coached by former DeSoto coach Todd Peterman, went 4-6 a year ago.

Alexander started his playing career at Terrell. He quickly emerged as a player to watch in the class of 2022, earning District 8-5A defensive newcomer of the year honors. He then transferred to Skyline, but the respective district executive committee ruled that he transferred for athletic purposes, making him ineligible and unable to play his sophomore season.

Alexander then transferred to Denton Ryan. He was ruled eligible to play for Ryan in early November. He provided a boost for an-already loaded Denton Ryan defense, helping the Raiders win the 5A state championship.

“Bear was a great player when he got here, and I think he’s an even better player now. He’s valuable, and he’s one of many players who helped us get to that state championship,” Denton Ryan head coach Dave Henigan told Steve Gamel of The Denton Record-Chronicle. “He has some family things that have caused him to move, and we wish him nothing but the best moving forward and nothing but luck as he continues on into the end of his high school career.”

Alexander, a 6-foot-3, 325-pound prospect, is rated as the 38th overall prospect in the country, according to 247Sports’ composite rankings.

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-scho...in-four-years/
              Yes this makes me think we have a better chance of winning week one now , and believe they lost coaches on defense as well

Comment

• Lobo baseball knocks off Pine Tree, 6-4, to improve to 21-6 on the year. 21 wins is the second highest win total in program history, behind 2004's 23 wins.

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

Comment

• Listen, Jalen Hale deserves all of the recognition. He will be in the league some day....crazy talent. (He's headed to state in track btw)

But man, wait until the world sees his classmate Jartaivan "JT" Wright (6'4 190). Oh my lord...

These QB's have no excuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                      Listen, Jalen Hale deserves all of the recognition. He will be in the league some day....crazy talent. (He's headed to state in track btw)

But man, wait until the world sees his classmate Jartaivan "JT" Wright (6'4 190). Oh my lord...

These QB's have no excuse.
                      I agree, these two young men will be a two-headed monster. I also agree that our QB’s will have to step up to the challenge required in feeding the monster. Even so, this is the least of my concern. My greatest concern is with the secondary. The most prolific offense in the world [on its own] still may not get you there. There’s a lots of truth to that saying “the best offense is a great defense.” We must not ever forget and under-appreciate that had it not been for Tyshawn Taylor’s forced fumble, we may not have that championship trophy housed in our trophy case.

Can anybody provide a lowdown on our anticipated secondary/db’s, particularly the projected corners... IMO, this will either make or break our season.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

Can anybody provide a lowdown on our anticipated secondary/db’s, particularly the projected corners... IMO, this will either make or break our season.
                        I said this just yesterday in our group chat. That is my concern, also.

GO LOBOS!!! #BEATRYAN #BEATHP
                        LOBO4LIFE

Comment

• I feel like that's been the case ever since King arrived (well almost every year). It lives and dies with our season to defend the pass.

That's why I'm so ready to see 7v7!!

Comment

• Pretty much every team needs to defend the pass. In today’s game you must. But, it’s more of how good a pass rush you have to be honest ! Pressure equals interceptions! Our offense last year was this teams problem. Fix that , have a great front 7, good tackling linebackers and safeties and the corners will be such an issue. Pressure defense !

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
                              I feel like that's been the case ever since King arrived (well almost every year). It lives and dies with our season to defend the pass.

That's why I'm so ready to see 7v7!!
                              JMO.....
                              We need a DC that is willing to change it up depending on how the game is going. I don't think we have someone that can think quickly on their feet. If there aren't some positive changes this season, there will be quite a bit of roasting going on.
                              LOBO4LIFE

Comment

• Originally posted by lobofan07 View Post
                                i feel like that's been the case ever since king arrived (well almost every year). It lives and dies with our season to defend the pass.

That's why i'm so ready to see 7v7!!
                                i am ready!
                                LOBO4LIFE

Comment

Working...
                                X