Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JoeC View Post

    LAMPASAS




    On to a better subject: Go Lobos and Coach King and to hell with everybody else - all the way to State and while at it...beat DR and HP, along the way! Lol 😂
    Totally off topic..........It is REALLY hard for me to have sympathy for Lampasas, Surratt or not. Ask them where they got that blue Rockin L. Thieving so and so's!!!
    Carry on.......Back to the regularly scheduled program.

    #BEATDR #BEATHP
    LOBO4LIFE

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LOBOFAN84 View Post

      Totally off topic..........It is REALLY hard for me to have sympathy for Lampasas, Surratt or not. Ask them where they got that blue Rockin L. Thieving so and so's!!!
      Carry on.......Back to the regularly scheduled program.

      #BEATDR #BEATHP
      Yeah... When I looked over and saw that very familiar Rockin L but blue and white, the furor and disdain over it from few years prior came gushing into my memory. I thought OMG, this is THAT TEAM...those shameless thieves have the unmitigated gall to be in the same place and time as I. 👀 My head got hot! 😡

      Comment


      • Hale offered by Oregon
        THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

        1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
        1997
        5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
        40 District Championships
        '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
        '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
        '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
        '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
        '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JoeC View Post

          Yeah... When I looked over and saw that very familiar Rockin L but blue and white, the furor and disdain over it from few years prior came gushing into my memory. I thought OMG, this is THAT TEAM...those shameless thieves have the unmitigated gall to be in the same place and time as I. 👀 My head got hot! 😡


          LOBO4LIFE

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Lobo82 View Post

            What happened to Conner Cox?
            That dude is one of the best hitters in baseball this school has had in a while. He's sticking to that full time.

            By the way, if you havent been following the baseball team, that program has turned it around a lot.

            And the success isnt going away anytime soon with great young players coming up the ranks like Taylor Tatum.

            Comment


            • Have not heard though that he’s not playing.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                That dude is one of the best hitters in baseball this school has had in a while. He's sticking to that full time.

                By the way, if you havent been following the baseball team, that program has turned it around a lot.

                And the success isnt going away anytime soon with great young players coming up the ranks like Taylor Tatum.
                Hope Tatum don't decide to stick with baseball only 😢

                Comment


                • Originally posted by WolverBean View Post

                  Hope Tatum don't decide to stick with baseball only 😢
                  You dont have to worry about that.

                  He's just a gifted athlete, arguably just as much as Jalen Hale.

                  He plays football, attends football camps, played in multiple basketball tournaments until baseball started, plays baseball, ran in one or two track meets this year in which he finished first in the 200m.

                  I cant remember the last RB we had that played that many sports. At 5'11 190, as a freshman.

                  That's what makes those '23-'24 groups so great. So many athletes. Willie Nelson played varsity basketball as a freshman.
                  Last edited by WP4L™; 04-21-2021, 06:14 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Baseball is a sport that there are sooooo many kids playing you better be damn good if you think you can go to MLB..... you have to dominate . Longview is better in baseball this year for sure , but this district isn’t great at all other then Hallsville. Look at records.Pretty bad overall.

                    Comment


                    • Tatum puts me in the mind of Marshall RB in 2015...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Lobos99 View Post
                        Baseball is a sport that there are sooooo many kids playing you better be damn good if you think you can go to MLB..... you have to dominate . Longview is better in baseball this year for sure , but this district isn’t great at all other then Hallsville. Look at records.Pretty bad overall.
                        So true. The road to the MLB is paved with shards. You have to be exceptionally special to navigate that obstacle course to success.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                          You dont have to worry about that.

                          He's just a gifted athlete, arguably just as much as Jalen Hale.

                          He plays football, attends football camps, played in multiple basketball tournaments until baseball started, plays baseball, ran in one or two track meets this year in which he finished first in the 200m.

                          I cant remember the last RB we had that played that many sports. At 5'11 190, as a freshman.

                          That's what makes those '23-'24 groups so great. So many athletes. Willie Nelson played varsity basketball as a freshman.
                          I haven’t seen much of him but what I have seen, (wow!!!) his size, speed and athleticism jumps out at you. At the Sr (High School) and College Level these attributes would stimulate rousing enthusiasm but for a freshman, it’s down right eye-popping, jaw-dropping and imposing (scary) for future opponents.

                          Can anyone link some more videos of this young man in action....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Lobos99 View Post
                            Have not heard though that he’s not playing.
                            He’s definitely not playing in the fall.
                            THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

                            1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                            1997
                            5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                            40 District Championships
                            '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                            '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                            '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
                            '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                            '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by GeeTee View Post
                              Tatum puts me in the mind of Marshall RB in 2015...
                              He'll be better than him by a good mile IMO.

                              Tatum, to me, is almost the rare player that Jalen Hale is except its at the RB position.

                              When you lay it all out on the table...

                              -5'11 190 right now as a freshman with room to grow...and its not sloppy weight either. He's muscle, well put together.
                              -Great player in 3 sports, pretty good in the 4th
                              -First time since the 70s that a Lobo RB received multiple varsity caries as a freshman
                              -We already know how great of a runner he is but his hands are great too and just like Jalen Hale can play both sides of the ball at a high level, Tatum can too.

                              I could go on but when you consider everything....the size, the potential size, the football camps, the travel baseball teams...I mean he was the first Lobo ever to get an Under Armour All American Camp invite as a freshman (although Jalen Hale probably would've been there as a freshman if not for covid).

                              That's why its so hard for me to compare him to past Lobo backs. When you look at the totality of it, Tatum is very, very, very rare. Backs like Tatum dont come around everyday...I'm going to enjoy watching him and the rest of that group ('23-'25) the next few years.

                              Btw, Buddha Garrett is another great athlete in that '24 group. Dang near that entire Freshman A team has great athletes.


                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JoeC View Post

                                Thank you Sir.

                                I am marginally familiar with Jartaivan Wright and Dekalon Taylor. I was kind of disappointed Wright wasn’t worked into the schemes more often. The little bit I saw of Taylor, he has explosive, break away take it to the house potential. I am eagerly excited about what these two (2) young will be bringing to the Lobo dinner table.

                                As for Jeremiah Rougely at 6’ 205 good size, I took note of you extolling his athleticism but wasn’t sure whether he’d be TE or on the defensive side of the ball or both.

                                Finally, Victor Bush at 6’ 200 and Kentraevion McFarland and his 190 frame, just hoping you could provide some details of anticipated contributions to the team.

                                Again, thank you Sir and Go Lobos! I am excited about the upcoming season!


                                Jeremiah has worked out with me since Jan 1. He is a solid SOLID 214lbs about 6'2''. His strength went up a lot. Was working out with 405 on squat and his overall strength is outstanding. He was running 100 yard sprints in the dark at Tatum stadium after workouts and I thought how many other kids are doing this. He has a chance to be as good as he will push himself to be.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X