*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
    Listen, the front 7 will be rediculous....MAYBE even better than last year. It sounds crazy with what we graduated but when you look closer, wow.

Isaac will be the heart of it, lets not forget that he does have a D1 offer on the table too. Tremendous Mike LB with the ability to be an elite rusher off the edge on 3rd down. He may have been our best defensive player last year (Kybo was a damn beast though).

DK Stanford and Jesse Fairchild are too large and talented defensive linemen that are finally about to be unleashed. As good as Carr, Tamplin and Joe Jones were last year on that DL...I really believe that Fairchild was in conversation as being our best DL last year. That dude is explosive and physical as hell.

Another starter on the DL looks to be Leonard Epps...who use to be in the Terrell football program. He won't wow you with size but he's strong as hell.

Do y'all remember the pair of sopohomore big DTs on JV this past year? They'll contribute too....Omarion Watkins in particular will be damn good.

Lastly and certainly not least: JR JJ Rougley. Just wait until you all see him. He'll be a top 2 player on our defense....taking over the Kybo role.

You do know rediculous starts off with the letters R & I don't you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Quick View Post

You do know rediculous starts off with the letters R & I don't you?
      Yep, but the autocorrect on these 'smartphones' dont.

Comment

• Bear Alexander transfers from Ryan to FW Brewer.

Wow.

Comment

• To say this is huge for us opening week (and potentially playoffs) is an understatement.
          THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
          5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
          40 District Championships
          '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
          '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
          '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
          '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
          '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

To say this is huge for us opening week (and potentially playoffs) is an understatement.
            Isn’t this like the 4th school he has transferred into?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobo82 View Post

Isn’t this like the 4th school he has transferred into?
              Yes.

Started at Terrell, went to Skyline, went to Ryan.....

Comment

Bear Alexander transfers from Ryan to FW Brewer.

Wow.
                Some of these decisions makes one scratch their head...he leaves a SC program to go to Brewer??!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jbell73986 View Post

Some of these decisions makes one scratch their head...he leaves a SC program to go to Brewer??!!
                  Education. I mean, the internet has told me that it is about the education. Football is meaningless. Perhaps we can go ask his "family" on Tx5AMathWhiz.com I'm sure there is a thread about it. Or, at least about the battle between public vs private Math/Science departments. 😉

Comment

• Wow week 1 now just got more interesting

Comment

Bear Alexander transfers from Ryan to FW Brewer.

Wow.
                      Might sound weird, but that is a pretty big blow for Ryan. Dude was a force to be reckoned with in the middle. His sheer size, combined with his athleticism was ridiculous. It's an odd move for sure. Going from a program like Ryan to one like Brewer, i'm not sure what his parents do for a living, but it might be why he's moved so much?

Comment

• Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post

Might sound weird, but that is a pretty big blow for Ryan. Dude was a force to be reckoned with in the middle. His sheer size, combined with his athleticism was ridiculous. It's an odd move for sure. Going from a program like Ryan to one like Brewer, i'm not sure what his parents do for a living, but it might be why he's moved so much?
                        The crazy thing is the schools aren’t that far apart, maybe 30-40 miles or so. So it’s not like he made a move across the state

Comment

• How does the Ryan dline look now that his gone

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post
                            How does the Ryan dline look now that his gone
                            A lot less terrifying than it did with Sanders and Alexander on it. Even the other good DE they had... Shand, i think was his name was a Sr last year.

Comment

They started: (the red is what graduated)

QB - Seth Henigan
                              RB - Kalib Hicks
                              H Back - Michael Davis
                              WR - Ja'Tavion Sanders
                              WR - Billy Bowman
                              WR - Keagan Cunningham
                              LT - Henry Appleton
                              LG - Riley Hampton
                              C - Kolt De La Torre
                              RG - Daniel Daub
                              RT - Bryan Aguilar

LE - Michael Gee
                              DT - Mason Davis
                              DT - Bear Alexander
                              RE - Ja'Tavion Sanders
                              LB - Anthony Hill Jr
                              LB - DJ Arkansas
                              S - Kaden Kelly
                              S - Ty Marsh
                              S - Gary Robinson
                              CB - Austin Jordan
                              CB - Billy Bowman

So, they return 5 on offense, and 7 on defense.

Ryan had a top 5 defense in the state regardless of classification last season, the best defense that I've seen in the 2nd highest classification in probably 10 years. It's down right scary to think that they are returning 7 players on that side of the ball. Every single one of those 7 returners are probably FBS material, 3 of them (Bear Alexander, Anthony Hill Jr and Austin Jordan) are some of the highest recruited players at their positions in the country. There are 77 offers between the 3 of them alone.

Offensively Ryan was hit harder by graduation. They loss Henigan and the WR group took a hit. But there may not be a big step back, and here's why. Ryan's '23 class is stacked. They went 10-0 as freshmen. In fact they started 2 sophomores on defense, and 2 sophomores on offense. The two on offense were Hicks at RB and De La Torre at C....both are already getting FBS attention. Henigan may be graduating but here comes '23 QB Khalon Davis that backed him up. Unless you've been hiding under a rock, you'd know that he's one of the top QB's in the state for the 2023 class. https://theoldcoach.com/areas/dfw/na...-khalon-davis/
                              Those WR's may have graduated, but in comes '23 WR Jordyn Bailey, who had 510 receiving yards as a sophomore in 2020, and already has an offer from Colorado. Honestly, all they have to do is replace two positions on the OL and they're looking at another solid offense.

Let's hope transfer season doesn't help them any further either.

Gonna be a tough way to start the season, especially when we're cracking in 8 new starters on defense, a new kicker and...perhaps a new QB. Right now, I don't see how we beat them in Week 1 under those circumstances to be perfectly honest. But down the road, we'll have a shot for sure. Hope I'm wrong about part one, hope we blow them out both times on the way to another state ring.
                              Quoted this again so you all will have an idea of what Ryan returns.

Obviously, my concerns with winning the game has lowered tremendously, although they still return heat.

Comment

• They’re definitely still going to be a force. They’ve won 70+ regular season games in a row for a reason. But it does help us a lot in week 1.

They’ll no doubt have things figured out come November on that side of the ball.

Didn’t they also lose their DC over the off season?
                                THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                                5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                                40 District Championships
                                '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                                '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                                '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
                                '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                                '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Working...
                                X