Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That 2024 group sure have been super busy with camps this offseason.

    I'm a broken record at this point but damn they're special.

    Comment


    • Feels like every decade gets better then the last should be a fun New decade

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post

        You were right. Going to be a crazy spring ball watching what happens.
        I can bring up many Hale plays, but this was one none-Hale play that really haunted me. Those TE's (Pencheon and Bush) were beyond wide open in the middle of the field. Bush may score if it goes to him but it would've been a tough throw.
        https://youtu.be/VnwtlS6kHQo?t=157

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
          Man....its going to be a movie.

          '21 has a chance to as well....as a matter of fact...my boy GeeTee sees us in the final game this year.

          I hope he's right but I do see the '22 and '23 teams being better. Alot of things to address in the spring.
          Where do you think you all will be next realignment? Will you stay 5A or go back to 6A?
          "There is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it, if only we are brave enough to be it"--Amanda Gorman

          Comment


          • Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

            Where do you think you all will be next realignment? Will you stay 5A or go back to 6A?
            We'll probably have enough physical heads for 6A, but the way they count kids is weird.

            So, my money is on 5A.

            Regardless though of 5A or 6A, Longview will be one of the top teams in the state in '22-'23.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JoeC View Post

              The things I specifically recall the most about this game are 1. Llewellyn, which is my Brother-in-Law’s younger brother, did play sparingly in the first half but clearly, he was not up to full speed (it alludes me but I don’t recall his hand being broke??). 2. The long ride out there to Lubbock and that even longer ride back to the View, 3. The unbelievable 62 yrd FG and 4. The halfback pass from Johnny Fuller to our TE down to Permian’s goal line being penalized and called back I think for a holding infraction by the officiating crew. I remember the call being suspiciously late and to this day, I still think it was some West Texas area favorite dish cooking going on. For a long time, I tried blocking this nightmare from my memory but I was never able to shake it.

              I am kinda nerdy about our Lobos. I have a rather extensive collection of original Longview News Journals sports articles dating all the way back to the 70’s but couldn’t bring myself to save this particular newspaper. Nor was I able to save copies of LNJ Newspaper articles of the 77 LP and 97 Katy losses. 😞

              Yes Sir, it should be apparent that I agree about that 1975 group. That team “too”, was absolutely amazing - an elite group in every sense of the word indeed.
              I'm not sure if the halfback pass was the same play I was thinking about, but we had a "lineman downfield" penalty that negated a touchdown. I was told later that the film did NOT show any lineman downfield.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                I can bring up many Hale plays, but this was one none-Hale play that really haunted me. Those TE's (Pencheon and Bush) were beyond wide open in the middle of the field. Bush may score if it goes to him but it would've been a tough throw.
                https://youtu.be/VnwtlS6kHQo?t=157
                That's the one thing I believe Longview will miss with Haynes...he saw other plays within the play. It's like now we back to if the play is call for the X receiver that's where the ball is forced to. Damn everybody else.

                Comment


                • LoboFan07 do you have the '75 team roster?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by GeeTee View Post

                    That's the one thing I believe Longview will miss with Haynes...he saw other plays within the play. It's like now we back to if the play is call for the X receiver that's where the ball is forced to. Damn everybody else.
                    I promise you there’s absolutely no disrespect meant Sir but Haynes is gone. I know that we would like to hold on to Haynes for the ages, except that in the real world, that is simply fanciful romanticism. At the end of the day we have to move on and make the best of the hand that we’ve been dealt. Most importantly, contrary to what we’d like to believe, there’s absolutely no one that see’s everything 100% of the time. This includes Haynes as well as seasoned NFL veterans; this is particularly true when under a heavy rush and duress (Bear 🐻 😳). Let’s try keeping our emotional states at an even keel, I mean the kid was only 15 years young, which is an awful lot to ask at this level. We’ll be fine. King has faith in this young man [or whomever he chooses to put under center]; and I, although admittedly sometimes contentiously, have faith in King. He’s a helluva lot better Coach than I could ever be. Peace! 😎

                    Go Lobos and to hell with all the rest! Beat Ryan! 🤨😡

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by GeeTee View Post

                      That's the one thing I believe Longview will miss with Haynes...he saw other plays within the play. It's like now we back to if the play is call for the X receiver that's where the ball is forced to. Damn everybody else.
                      Well, we certainly dont need that going forward. Like you said, we're loaded at the skill positions over the next few years....Hale wont be the only talented skill guy we'll have.

                      From what I know by watching all of these QBs over the years, Tutt is a progressions QB. So at least we'll have that in the future, even if he only gets to start for one year. The little I've seen of Thomas, he also goes through his progressions. Granted, it was against small school defenses, I think he has a chance to translate at Longview because of the amount of training he does + his athleticism. Not to mention, Jefferson kids can be tough as hell (see Malik Cannon in 2019).

                      I honestly havent seen the progressions trait from Allen to this point but what I will say is....he is very careful with the ball and seems to get better every year. When he and Grant were Freshmen, I thought Grant was clear cut better and he was. But as we all saw in 2020, he closed the gap. I actually think he has gotten a lot better this offseason, he has been murdering the camps and even got an invite to Top Gun in Florida.

                      Looking forward to better QB play in 2021.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post
                        I have to stop watching the LV/DR game....it makes my stomach turn to watch that game and J.Hale on the field. they absolutely could not cover him. several plays had safety help and he was still wide open...if we had a QB that could get him the ball....my word.....got to quit...most frustrating damn thing....
                        On another post I talked about how throughout the years dating back to the 70’s, I have saved a collection of LNJ articles of Lobo BIG Wins but chose to not collect those gut-wrenching losses. Like somehow, by not collecting those newspapers, I could pack them far away inside a black hole of my memory and easy access. This was my psychotherapy - store the good memories, while ditching the misery. But today, those games are stored on some YouTube video in quick and easy access cyberspace. I avoid those videos, like they are plagues.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by oldetexfan View Post

                          I'm not sure if the halfback pass was the same play I was thinking about, but we had a "lineman downfield" penalty that negated a touchdown. I was told later that the film did NOT show any lineman downfield.
                          Same play. I couldn’t recall the call (infraction).

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JoeC View Post

                            On another post I talked about how throughout the years dating back to the 70’s, I have saved a collection of LNJ articles of Lobo BIG Wins but chose to not collect those gut-wrenching losses. Like somehow, by not collecting those newspapers, I could pack them far away inside a black hole of my memory and easy access. This was my psychotherapy - store the good memories, while ditching the misery. But today, those games are stored on some YouTube video in quick and easy access cyberspace. I avoid those videos, like they are plagues.
                            Just wait until someone uploads the Longview vs. Denton Guyer game of 2010.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by GeeTee View Post
                              LoboFan07 do you have the '75 team roster?
                              It’s saved on my computer, I can send it over sometime tomorrow!
                              THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

                              1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                              1997
                              5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                              40 District Championships
                              '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                              '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                              '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
                              '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                              '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Quick View Post

                                Just wait until someone uploads the Longview vs. Denton Guyer game of 2010.
                                Hell FN 5.7 no!!! Do not do it! I'd rather watch the butt whooping 2007 LT gave Longview than that game! No nada naw nawl hell nawl

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X