*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aledoalumni View Post

Yall might have won but I doubt yall dominate us. Stylistically yall were a much better matchup for us than Lake Ridge.
    I know we won't agree, but I just don't see it.

Y'all struggled to score 21 on a HORRENDOUS defense that Lake Ridge had that season. Longview, completely battered and bruised by in that game against the Eagles, should've pulled it out.

I agree with WP4L™ , Lobos by 21 in that one.
    THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
    5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
    40 District Championships
    '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
    '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
    '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
    '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
    '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
      Longview by 21.

Jett Duffey went on to do nada at Tech. Thought for sure he would had been a star there.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

I know we won't agree, but I just don't see it.

Y'all struggled to score 21 on a HORRENDOUS defense that Lake Ridge had that season. Longview, completely battered and bruised by in that game against the Eagles, should've pulled it out.

I agree with WP4L™ , Lobos by 21 in that one.
        Lake Ridge had two players go for over 100 yards rushing vs Aledo that year.

On top of that, the week before, me, you and others sat down and watched them go wire to wire with Randall...I came away from that game not necessarily impressed by either team and said whoever won LV-LR would be in the final game. Randall RB also had 100+.

Braylynn Anthony and Tylan Miller would've had no problems. On top of that, those last few weeks....our passing game had begun to click. Now would Aledo have moved the ball on us? Yep....but we would've moved it a heckuva lot more.

38-17 Longview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gametyme View Post

Jett Duffey went on to do nada at Tech. Thought for sure he would had been a star there.
          I thought he committed to the wrong school tbh.

But Jett failed at Tech mainly because of off field stuff.

Comment

I thought he committed to the wrong school tbh.

But Jett failed at Tech mainly because of off field stuff.
            Yeah I didnt realize it got that bad for him.

Comment

• Longview takes on Frisco Wakeland on Friday at 7:30 PM at Sulphur Springs

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by Gametyme View Post

That is another case of him being greater in his own mind than he was in reality. That attitude did him in, more than his lack of talent.

GO LOBOS!!!
                LOBO4LIFE

Comment

Longview by 21.

I think Lake Ridge was much more explosive than yall. They had more weapons to be concerned with. I dont think yalls style leads to many blowouts against high quality teams.

Comment

I think Lake Ridge was much more explosive than yall. They had more weapons to be concerned with. I dont think yalls style leads to many blowouts against high quality teams.
                    One team scored 56, the other scored 53 with a missed FG at the end.

The year before, one team scored 37, the other scored 35 with a missed FG at the end.

The two teams were similar in terms of explosiveness. The two teams also had similar amount of weapons. LR had 3 offensive guys make all state that year. Longview had 4. You keep bringing up style but the Aledo D couldn't stop anyone with a pulse from running the ball on them in 2015. LR put 335 yards rushing on yall. And Longview had one of the most explosive backs not only in the state, but in our programs history, Braylynn Anthony. The dude had over 1200 yards that year in 11 starts, on 16 YPC or something crazy. Tylan Miller was the other stud in the backfield who was district MVP the year before. Height bias is the only reason he didn't end up on a FBS roster but he cooked Lake Ridge for 200 yards rushing. He was a baby Zeke Elliott, physical one cut back with great vision.

I saw nothing in the Aledo defense that year that suggested they would stop those two. And like I said, our passing attack had begun to take off by that point in the year specifically off play action.

Aledo not being able to move the ball on Lake Ridge is the most telling. I remember your coach Steve Wood at the time saying that the biggest reason was because LR was winning the LOS. That was something that I noticed even the week before against Randall. We had 3 all state guys in our front 7...that's a big matchup problem for the Aledo OL. Aledo also had trouble with LR's secondary....well...we had Ameron Dean at CB who was first team all state...an INT machine. Traveion Webster was also an amazing safety as a junior that year and is probably headed to the league in some form soon.

I know you love those Bearcats, but in 2015, that would have been all Longview.
                    Last edited by WP4L™; 04-08-2021, 03:39 PM.

Comment

You keep bringing up style but the Aledo D couldn't stop anyone with a pulse from running the ball on them in 2015. LR put 335 yards rushing on yall. And Longview had one of the most explosive backs not only in the state, but in our programs history, Braylynn Anthony. The dude had over 1200 yards that year in 11 starts, on 16 YPC or something crazy. Tylan Miller was the other stud in the backfield who was district MVP the year before. Height bias is the only reason he didn't end up on a FBS roster but he cooked Lake Ridge for 200 yards rushing. He was a baby Zeke Elliott, physical one cut back with great vision.

I saw nothing in the Aledo defense that year that suggested they would stop those two. And like I said, our passing attack had begun to take off by that point in the year specifically off play action.

I know you love those Bearcats, but in 2015, that would have been all Longview.
                      Easy breezy!

Comment

Aledo not being able to move the ball on Lake Ridge is the most telling. I remember your coach Mike Wood at the time saying that the biggest reason was because LR was winning the LOS.
                        *Steve Wood

I bring up the styles because Aledo has traditionally struggled with duel threat QBs. Longview was more run it right at you than spread it out and out athlete you. I'm not saying we shut yall down. I am saying we would have had a better chance to beat yall then LR. Still dont think yall win by 21+ but its all good. Yall win 2015 and we would win 2018
                        Last edited by aledoalumni; 04-08-2021, 03:20 PM.

Comment

*Steve Wood

I bring up the styles because Aledo has traditionally struggled with duel threat QBs. Longview was more run it right at you than spread it out and out athlete you. I'm not saying we shut yall down. I am saying we would have had a better chance to beat yall then LR. Still dont think yall win by 21+ but its all good. Yall win 2015 and we would win 2018
                          2018 would've been even worse.

Our 2018 team was lightyears ahead of 2015 and 95+ % of any team we've ever fielded.
                          Last edited by WP4L™; 04-08-2021, 09:54 PM.

Comment

we would win 2018
                            lolllllllll

Comment

*Steve Wood

Doubtful Longview had one the top offenses in the country in 2018 also one the most mentally tough teams they didn't know how to lose they always found a way to win , In the past we found ways to lose games we shouldn't

Comment

• Change my mind a 100 % healthy 2004 Longview would beat any these championship
                                ​​​ Aledo teams
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X