Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

2014 I can see, for sure.

Thing was for 2016, they had one the best offenses we had ever had before 2018. They were scoring at a crazy clip in 6A that year. Obviously completely different eras and styles of Lobo football to compare. Fun to think about though.

I don't think Longview wins the game per say, but I do wonder what would've happened if Longview hadn't fumbled against John Tyler in 2016 right before halftime. At the 2 yard line, down 11, against a top ranked team at home and getting the ball to start the second half...and you fumble it to preserve that 11 point lead. I mean it summed up the season in it's entirety to be honest.

We saw it in the final game against West Brook.
    Clearly, our 2016 defense was nothing to write home about; however as you’ve iterated, our offense was prolific averaging nearly 40 points per game in 6A. We went 6-1 in District that year basically “out track meeting” all of our district foes that is, except JT.

The reasons 2016 left such a bad taste in my mouth was twofold: 1. The fact that we could manage only 8 wins, which for Longview, is abysmal (substandard) and 2. Losing a game to a team (BW) that we had absolutely no business loosing to. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post

Clearly, our 2016 defense was nothing to write home about; however as you’ve iterated, our offense was prolific averaging nearly 40 points per game in 6A. We went 6-1 in District that year basically “out track meeting” all of our district foes that is, except JT.

The reasons 2016 left such a bad taste in my mouth was twofold: 1. The fact that we could manage only 8 wins, which for Longview, is abysmal (substandard) and 2. Losing a game to a team (BW) that we had absolutely no business loosing to. 🤷🏾‍♂️
      We went 7-3 when I was in school

Comment

• nevermind
        Kingwolf
        All-District
        Last edited by Kingwolf; 04-06-2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Tbh, that 2016 offense was prolific on paper.

The senior class that year really wasn't strong...which is part of the reason we had 15 sophomores on varsity.

That team didnt have 'that guy' at RB. Polk was decent for Longview's standards but a bit of a fumble hazard. Wiley managed the game but probably wouldn't make my top 10 QB list since 2000. They premiered the wrong guy at WR....they force fed Timberlake when it should've been Kamden Perry who was the best WR in the program even at that time as a sophomore. OL was okay...but probably one of JK's weakest ones.

Now, Jaylin Brown was amazing. But more so in 2017 when Haynes was tossing him the rock.

The defense and special teams, punt returning in particular, were the worst since 2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
            Kilgore now looking for a HC.

Coach Chris Vallery (our OC) was at Kilgore before he came to Longview in 2010....won a championship in 2004 while on the Kilgore coaching staff under his father Mike Vallery who was very successful there until he left in 2010.

Something to watch for. Hopefully Vallery sticks around, every receiving and passing record in program history has been broken on his watch.
            Phil Castles may be in the mix also. He played at Kilgore and is now available.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post

We went 7-3 when I was in school
              What year was that 1995?

Comment

• 1-1 game here in Mesquite. Frisco scored first then the Lobos answered. Been very competitive.
                THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                40 District Championships
                '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
                '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• The LOBOS are headed to the Region II FINALLLL!! 3-2 winners!!

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Great job LOBOS!! Let’s keep rolling on!!

Comment

The LOBOS are headed to the Region II FINALLLL!! 3-2 winners!!
                      wow wouldnt that be something to win state in non football

Comment

• It's been such a fantastic ride for this team. So proud of them. Just keep keepin on and see what happens!!

Comment

• Bryson Davis...💜

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post
                            Bryson Davis...💜
                            Yes, in terms of football, that class has been hit pretty hard.

Comment

Lost in the quarters in 2015, yep. And agree with
                              WP4L™
                              All-World
                              WP4L™, we would've dominated Aledo the next week just as Lake Ridge did.
                              Yall might have won but I doubt yall dominate us. Stylistically yall were a much better matchup for us than Lake Ridge.

Comment

• Originally posted by aledoalumni View Post

Yall might have won but I doubt yall dominate us. Stylistically yall were a much better matchup for us than Lake Ridge.
                                Longview by 21.

Comment

Working...
                                X