Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GeeTee View Post

Man c'mo get ya stuff together🤪😜
    I am on my way your direction.....don't get in my way. Stay in your lane, bro!
    LOBO4LIFE

Comment

• Tyler's coaching staff is beyond stupid.

Going for it on 4th and short on their own 28 and on their own 33 AFTER holding Highland Park the one time they had to drive the length of the field.

Unbelievable.
      THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
      5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
      40 District Championships
      '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
      '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
      '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
      '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
      '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• HP up 36-0 on Tyler.

19 points basically just given to the Scots.

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• New Caney Porter leading Magnolia West 27-21.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
            New Caney Porter leading Magnolia West 27-21.
            37-28 Porter over West.

I was super high on West after seeing them vs Lp. But man, I really think we're going to see them in round 1 if they end up losing this. They still have College Station to play which will decide it but, Porter has run all over them.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

37-28 Porter over West.

I was super high on West after seeing them vs Lp. But man, I really think we're going to see them in round 1 if they end up losing this. They still have College Station to play which will decide it but, Porter has run all over them.
              Magnolia West is a decent team. Still like Longview big in that one.

Comment

• AFTER WEEK NINE -

5-5A Division I:
                1) Denton Ryan (7-0, 5-0)
                2) Frisco Lone Star (5-2, 5-0)
                3) Frisco Reedy (5-2, 4-1)
                4) Frisco Independence (3-3, 3-1)
                5) Lewisville The Colony (4-3, 3-2)
                6) Frisco Wakeland (5-4, 3-4)
                7) Frisco Centennial (2-6, 1-5)
                8) Frisco Heritage (3-6, 1-6)
                9) Denton (1-7, 0-6)
                Eliminated:
                Denton, Frisco Heritage, Frisco Centennial

6-5A Division I:
                1) Lancaster (6-0, 6-0)
                2) Dallas W.T. White (5-3, 5-1)
                3) Dallas Wilson (5-2, 4-2)
                4) Dallas Bryan Adams (4-3, 4-2)
                5) Dallas Molina (3-3, 3-3)
                6) Carrollton Newman Smith (4-4, 3-4)
                7) Carrollton R.L. Turner (2-6, 2-5)
                8) Dallas Samuell (2-5, 1-5)
                9) Dallas Sunset (1-6, 0-6)
                Eliminated:
                Dallas Samuell, Dallas Sunset, Carrollton R.L. Turner

7-5A Division I:
                1) Highland Park (6-0, 4-0)
                2) Longview (5-2, 2-1)
                3) Sherman (3-4, 2-1)
                4) McKinney North (3-5, 3-2)
                5) Tyler (2-5, 2-2)
                6) West Mesquite (1-7, 1-3)
                7) Wylie East (1-6, 0-5)
                Eliminated:
                Wylie East

8-5A Division I:
                1) Magnolia (7-1, 6-0)
                2) College Station (7-1, 5-1)
                3) Magnolia West (5-3, 4-2)
                4) New Caney Porter (6-3, 4-3)
                5) Lufkin (4-4, 3-3)
                6) Waller (3-5, 3-3)
                7) New Caney (4-4, 3-3)
                8) Conroe Caney Creek (0-8, 0-6)
                9) Cleveland (1-8, 0-7)
                Eliminated:
                Cleveland, Conroe Caney Creek, New Caney

CURRENT PROJECTIONS
                D5 #1. Denton Ryan vs D6 #4. Dallas Bryan Adams
                D7 #3. Sherman vs D8 #2. College Station
                D5 #4. Frisco Independence vs D6 #1. Lancaster
                D7 #2. Longview vs D8 #3. Magnolia West

D5 #3. Frisco Reedy vs D6 #2. Dallas Woodrow Wilson
                D7 #1. Highland Park vs D8 #4. Lufkin
                D5 #2. Frisco Lone Star vs D6 #3. Dallas W.T. White
                D7 #4. McKinney North vs D8 #1. Magnolia

Comment

• 5-5A DIVISION I -
                  Expectations being met and COVID striking again. Those are the storylines this week in District 5-5A D1. Let’s get the easy ones out of the way. Denton Ryan rolled over Frisco Heritage, 63-20. Frisco Lone Star dominated Frisco Centennial, 49-14. These two meet in the final week of the season to determine the district crown. Frisco Reedy also got a HUGE win over Frisco Wakeland to all but knock the Wolverines out of the post season run, 17-10. In another game that we really need to have played, Frisco Independence vs The Colony was canceled due to COVID. On top of that, The Colony’s game next week vs Frisco Lone Star has also been canceled. The Colony now has just one game remaining, vs Frisco Reedy, in the final week of the season. Independence still has to play Denton Ryan and Frisco Heritage. This week, Denton Ryan takes on Frisco Independence, Frisco Wakeland takes on Denton and Frisco Reedy takes on Frisco Centennial. I’ll be honest. I have absolutely no idea what’s going to happen in the final two weeks with this district not getting games in. It’s a complete mess. We’re down to basically 6 teams vying for 4 spots. Ryan and Lone Star are definitely in. I feel like it’s safe to say Reedy is in too. Wakeland is no doubt in the worst spot of the other three with just one game remaining (against Denton who they should beat). I’ll go with Denton Ryan, Frisco Lone Star, Frisco Reedy and Frisco Independence as my top four.

6-5A DIVISION I -
                  This district should just be called the COVID district. More forfeits than I can count. We have two forfeits this week. Carrollton Newman Smith was forced to forfeit their contest against Dallas W.T. White. Also, Dallas Sunset was forced to forfeit their contest against Dallas Bryan Adams. Lancaster continued to roll, a 60-7 win over Dallas Woodrow Wilson this week. And Dallas Molina remained alive in the playoff race with a 49-7 win over Carrollton RL Turner. So we know Lancaster and Dallas W.T. White are in the post season. The Newman Smith forfeit was for “undisclosed reasons.” So I’m going to assume they’re still playing out their season. So we’re down to 4 teams for 2 spots. This week, we have Woodrow Wilson taking on Molina in a must win for both teams. Lancaster has already been awarded the win for their game against Sunset I do believe, Newman Smith takes on Samuell and Bryan Adams takes on WT White. Hopefully WT White/Bryan Adams and Molina/Wilson take place this week because it would go a long, long way to confirm playoff seeding and berths. WT White has Bryan Adams and Lancaster remaining, so they could easily slip to 4th place. But they have clinched a berth. I’m thinking Wilson wins out with Molina and Turner on the schedule. Bryan Adams really just needs to win one more to get in since they defeated Molina earlier in the year. They have WT White and Samuell remaining. So I’m going to go with Lancaster, WT White, Woodrow Wilson and Bryan Adams as my top four.

7-5A DIVISION I -
                  Highland Park rolled over Tyler this week, to put themselves within one game of clinching the top spot in 7-5A D1. The Scots rolled out of Rose Stadium with a 49-10 victory, in a game that was really not as close as the score shows. Longview once again was off this week, and they’ll no doubt be antsy to get back out there next week. They remain at 2-1. Sherman got the statement district win that they have been needing to virtually lock themselves into a post season berth. The Bearcats definitely had to take the long way around though, after four hours of game play and a stadium move, as Sherman knocked off McKinney North 44-35. And West Mesquite got their first win of the season as they knocked off Wylie East, 41-27. Next week is a pretty big week as we could easily get 2 of the remaining 3 playoff spots locked in. Longview host McKinney North at 2 PM, Highland Park takes on West Mesquite and Tyler travels to Sherman. Ok, so let’s take the big picture look. There’s 5 teams that realistically have a shot to a post season berth in this district. Highland Park has clinched a berth and just has to beat West to clinch top spot. Longview can clinch a playoff berth if they knock off McKinney North. Sherman can clinch a playoff berth if they beat Tyler. A Sherman win on Friday over Cujo, would also clinch a berth for McKinney North regardless of what happens in their game against the Lobos. If Longview and Tyler both loses on Friday, that sets up the show down at Rose Stadium the following week for the final playoff berth. Realistically, Longview should knock off McKinney North and the way things have gone this year, Sherman should eliminate Tyler. That would give us HP at 5-0, LV at 3-1, Sherman at 3-1 and North at 3-3 in the post season. So the battle for 2nd and 3rd commences, which could’ve been avoided if Sherman had allowed Longview to play their game against one another. But besides that…Longview closes out the season with Tyler, Sherman closes out the season with West Mesquite. If both teams win that game, we would go to a tiebreaker. The only common opponents the two teams have met are district opponents, and they would both have similar records against the five opponents (4-1). So we would go to point differential. That’s going to be the big key here. I don’t know the cap, or if there is one. We know right now that Longview has a point differential of +55 against the three opponents they’ve played thus far in district (Wylie East, West Mesquite and Highland Park). We also know right now that Sherman has a point differential of +26 against the three opponents they’ve played thus far (West Mesquite, Highland Park and McKinney North). This is where we need to figure out if there’s a cap or not. Still, I think Longview should come out of the district race with the better point differential, and that HP game should make the difference. Highland Park #1, Longview #2, Sherman #3 and McKinney North #4. The Lobos really need as many points as possible this week against North.

8-5A DIVISION I -
                  Upset week in District 8-5A D1. While the almost district champion, Magnolia Bulldogs, had the week off, and while College Station was given a gimme game against Conroe Caney Creek, in a 72-0 win, AND while Cleveland had to forfeit this week against Lufkin due to COVID, the other four schools saw upsets. Waller kept their season alive, and virtually assured the last game of the season will mean something when they travel to Abe Martin Stadium in Lufkin, with a huge 43-22 win over New Caney. The Eagles trailed at halftime before grabbing the lead in the 3rd, only to see Waller come storming back and take a strong hold on the game. New Caney has no way of making the post season now with the games remaining amongst other teams, plus tie-breakers. The other New Caney ISD school, Porter, was off pulling their own upset on Friday night as they handed Magnolia West their second consecutive defeat to the tune of a 44-35 win. What a huge win for the Spartans to keep their season alive. If they had just held onto their win over their cross town rival, they would’ve been in a fantastic position to make the post season. Next week, we have Lufkin traveling to Conroe Caney Creek, New Caney traveling to Magnolia West, New Caney Porter taking on Magnolia and College Station traveling to Waller. So let’s break it down. Magnolia needs just one win to clinch the top seed. College Station can clinch the #2 seed with a win and a Magnolia West loss to New Caney. Magnolia West can clinch a playoff berth with a win against New Caney. If both College Station and Magnolia West win, the showdown at College Station on the final week fo the season will determine who is the #2 seed and gets a home playoff game and who is the #3 seed and gets to travel. Now if Magnolia West loses to New Caney and then to College Station, things get pretty tricky. But we won’t go down that road yet. So then we come to the final three teams facing off for one spot. New Caney Porter finishes the season this week at Magnolia. A win doesn’t clinch them a playoff berth, depending on what Lufkin does since the Panthers do have the head to head tiebreaker and can still finish 5-3. But a loss also doesn’t necessarily eliminate them. They would just need Waller to win against Lufkin in the final week of the season to force a three way tie. That would come down to point differential, and I’m not getting into that yet with that situation. Lufkin finishes with Conroe Caney Creek and Waller, while Waller finishes with College Station and Lufkin. SO, Lufkin should absolutely roll Conroe Caney Creek. They’re one of the worst teams in all of Class 5A Division I and I’m pretty sure most of 4A could beat them, if not 3A. College Station should knock off Waller by a big enough margin. So really, things will come down to Waller at Lufkin. A win by Lufkin would clinch a playoff berth as they would hold a 5-3 district record, that neither Waller or Porter could reach. The big question is going to be, which we’ll need to figure out before next weekend, who goes if it goes a three way tie. Right now, I’m going with Magnolia, College Station, Magnolia West as my top three….and Lufkin scrapping their way into the post season.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeeTee View Post

ok let me try this...and try to say this without stepping on anybody toes. In all my years of competing in any sports...organized or recreational...the teams I... and I emphasize the word I... competed on have never beaten an all white team. It's a difference in mentality in regions, communities, all the way down to the households. Most black young men use their athletic ability to get by on the field, basketball court or wherever. I was the same way. And Longview is majority black football team. By no means am I saying black young men are dumb or any crazy talk like that but that's what I see mostly on the field...kids using their athletic gifts only and not the strongest part of their body...the BRAIN. And yes Quick it does start in the home first. Take the game last year against Jesuit per say. The only position on the field Longview didn't run away with talent disparity was prolly running back. Same scenario with HP game. If Longview players ever fully connect the talent they have with the mental aspect and the discipline it requires...they could put together a run like LT or SLC.
                    👀 WTF! This is the same bs mindset that is pervasive in this world’s society or “social order”. Brain, particularly brain capacity and cognition and discipline do not necessarily go hand in hand. There are numerous peoples with intellectual capacity lacking in discipline as well with many being of Caucasian persuasion. There are numerous factors that comes into play here but as always, the brain or mental capacity is seemingly irresistible to some of us as the first explanation of shortcoming. For example, something as simple as “dietary limitations” can inarguably be factored into the equation and that is at home and away from home as well. You say you’re trying to not step in any toes but you not only stepped in mine, you stomped on the mf’s. What about that other factor that too is real namely, “white privilege”. Oh yeah, it’s real! It too is pervasive in sports, not just high school but damn near every level and all European devised social systems. It’s called that good old fashioned “Caste System”, which permeates damn near every aspect of our social system but particularly economics. As a black man that is intellectually gifted, I take offense to this posts; in other words, the trigger button to my discipline has been depressed! This has pissed me off royalty; so, I will stop right there before I get a damn penalty! 😡🤬🤯

Comment

• One thing teams like 2010 and 2017 assured me about Lobo football, never count Longview out of a playoff run because of regular season speed bumps...specifically when we have the talent to do so.

I'm not talking about years like 2014 or 2016 when we had an average passing attack with SR QBs, a fumble prone running game and were a bit talent deprived defensively for Lobo standards (outside of 1-3 players like Travion Webster and Ameron Dean)... we were never going to go too far with those teams.

But 2020 is not those teams at all.

I know 99 and L like to say this team doesnt have talent....and that couldnt be further from the truth. Meredith isnt talented? Haynes isn't talented? You dont like the TE duo of Pencheon and Beltran? That DL with Joe Jones hasnt proven anything to you this year? Devean Isaac at LB...Shannon Jackson at FS....THE HALE BROTHERS (first time we've seen three brothers play at a high level on one team btw). OL has come along way from Wk 1...outside of the false starts. And yes the corners have had moments this year that made you wanna jump in front of incoming traffic, but people also dont take into account that they're opportunistic. No other team in the district has produced the amount of INTs we have this year.

What...QB play? It is what it is and what it was always gonna be. Youth thrown into the fire as sophomores with no spring, 7v7 or camps to attend because of a pandenic. I know for a fact both Allen and Grant still tried to put in work over the course of the offseason the best way they could. Y'all expected em to be Haynes King 2018? Give em time to develop. They may not average 400 through the air this year but having Hale on the outside is a plus...not to mention throwing for 400 a game may not be necessary for THIS team due to the running back duo and defense we have. All you can ask these sophomores at QB to do is manage the game this year. We've seen Cy Fair and Dekaney win ships doing exactly that...game managers at QB, dominant running attacks opening up PA, and not only good defense...but opportunistic defense.

Could we lose in the playoffs? Hell yes, maybe even opening round if we come out flat. Right now, I'd be happy to get pass Rd 2. You have to understand, this road will be tough as hell....and nothing will be handed to us. It'll all have to be earned. Ryan is the far favorite, playoff HP is a whole different animal from regular season HP, Lancaster and several others. It'll be beyond challenging.

All I'm saying is writing this team off, wanting to cancel the season on this team so early is a huge mistake. This aint 2016. Enjoy the ride and lets see where it takes us. Could be Rd 2, could be Rd 3, could be Rd 4...who knows. What I do know is that any given day, this team can beat or play with anybody in our bracket. I'm willing to welcome the competition and see how they handle adversity rather than waving the white flag, giving up ao easily just because the trophy wont be handed to us.

Just a little something I had on my mind during these two off weeks.

Comment

• Longview has talent but not any more then the better teams Longview plays... every team has tight ends and running backs . Longviee is a decent team just not a tip 10 team by any means this year. Just not. That’s ok. Might win a game or 2 in playoffs or none. But , that’s why you play the games. One thing longviee needs to do is prepare Qbs better though. Just really are way behind other schools as far as good good schools in this area. I watched Jv game and it was almost rediculous against highland park.qbs do nothing at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos99 View Post
                          Longviee is a decent team just not a tip 10 team by any means this year.
                          Is Highland Park top 10?

Comment

• Yea but Longview is not... remember they were on the road . Correct? They won and really I didn’t ever feel Longview was the better team. Did you?

Comment

• Longview struggled to score what we did. They missed on many opportunities to score more. Longview is outside top 10. What tells you they are top 10????? Lost to only 2 decent teams played. Seriously? Longview us a good team but has pretty glaring flaws that keeps it from top 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos99 View Post
                                Yea but Longview is not... remember they were on the road . Correct? They won and really I didn’t ever feel Longview was the better team. Did you?
                                Whether I think Longview was better is irrelevant.

Longview proved they are just as good.

HP being top 10 but LV being scrubs makes zero sense but then again, nothing you say ever does lol

Comment

Working...
                                X