*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-5A DIVISION I -
    In one of the most competitive districts in the region, we saw very little separation once again this week. Denton Ryan, the state’s top team, was off. The district’s second best team, Frisco Lone Star, rolled over Frisco Wakeland by a 42-14 scoreline. Another blow out loss for Wakeland, who previously looked like a sure bet for the post season. Frisco Reedy also kept their season rolling with a dominating 41-3 win over Denton High. The Colony stayed in the mix with a 42-3 win over Frisco Heritage. And Frisco Independence also stayed alive with a 56-20 win over Frisco Independence. Next week, Denton Ryan hosts Frisco Heritage and Frisco Lone Star takes on Frisco Centennial. Two should be blow outs. But we do have two huge ones on the schedule. Frisco Wakeland takes on Frisco Reedy and The Colony hosts Frisco Independence. Right now, Reedy and Independence are 3-1, the Colony is 3-2 and Wakeland is 3-3. We’re still three weeks out from the end of the regular season so not going to run down who has who left, but these are massive games this week that none of the four teams can really afford to lose. Going with Denton Ryan, Frisco Lone Star Frisco Reedy and Frisco Independence in that order to make the post season, right now.

6-5A DIVISION I -
    This district has become known as the forfeit district. Dallas Sunset’s season is basically on ice, though they do have one more officially scheduled as of now on the last week of the season, due to COVID related issues,. Dallas Samuell is also facing the same issues. WT White and Carrollton Newman Smith picked up 17-0 wins because of the forfeits this week. The two games that did get played saw one close one and one absolute murder. Lancaster rolled to a 89-0 win over Carrollton RL Turner, as the Tigers continue to not be tested this year. Bryan Adams, though, got a huge win over previously undefeated Dallas Woodrow Wilson in a 16-14 victory. Just an absolutely massive win for the Cougars. Next week, WT White takes on Newman Smith, RL Turner takes on Molina, Woodrow Wilson takes on Lancaster while Bryan Adams picks up a forfeit victory over Dallas Sunset. I’m not going to update the standings officially until the week of the game. But, I’ll say Newman Smith really has to win this week over WT White. Also a win by Molina this week would officially eliminate Turner. Lancaster will roll everyone, as we say every week. Bryan Adams throwing themselves back into the mix for a #2 spot is a little surprising to be honest. If they’re able to defeat WT White in two weeks, that would lock it in for them. We can really start to break things down next week, but I’ll go with Lancaster, Bryan Adams, Woodrow Wilson then WT White as my top four for this week.

7-5A DIVISION I -
    Well, one thing we learned about this week was about McKinney North. Their 3-0 district record going into this week was mostly because of playing the bottom teams of the district. Highland Park exploited that fact as they rolled over the Bulldogs, 56-14. A huge win for the Scots are they roll towards another district crown. Longview saw their first meeting with Sherman in over 40 years get canceled on Monday as the Bearcats dealt with COVID. Tyler kept their season alive by escape Wylie with a 27-20 win over the Raiders. Wylie East led the game, 20-14, with less than 4 minutes to go. But the Lions found a way to score a touchdown, force a fumble and score another touchdown in the dying minutes. A loss for the Raiders eliminated them from post season contention. So now we sit at Highland Park being the only undefeated team in the district. McKinney North falls bell .500 on the season overall with the loss to the Scots. Longview, 5-2, will have another bye week this upcoming week. Tyler is sitting at 2-1, somehow. What a cluster it is over in Cujo land. And Sherman is sitting at 1-1, and even despite their coaching saying games are back on..who knows how their season is going to go with classes for them going online exclusively until December. Next week, Sherman travels to McKinney North for a Thursday night contest. A huge contest for both teams, but might be even bigger for Tyler High. A win by Sherman really hurts their chances, as North already defeated the Lions. Wylie East travels to West Mesquite and Highland Park travels to Tyler. The Lions are going to suffer big time I feel. Honestly, I feel like the winner of Sherman/North will determine who finishes 3rd and 4th. Tyler tonight showed just how much they have to grow still. Going with Highland Park, Longview, Sherman and McKinney North.

8-5A DIVISION I -
    We wanted to know who the class of the district was, and tonight, Magnolia answered. The Bulldogs escaped their cross town rivalry with a 21-14 win over Magnolia West to all but assure a top speed in the post season, and the district crown. The win for Magnolia, also almost assures us that Magnolia West at College Station in the final game of the season will determine 2nd and 3rd place in the district. College Station rolled over Cleveland, 64-0. While New Caney dominated Conroe Caney Creek 48-13, we saw New Caney Porter take down Waller 41-28. The loss for Waller is a significant blow to their post season hopes. Next week, Waller takes on New Caney, Lufkin hosts Cleveland, College Station takes on Conroe Caney Creek and Magnolia West takes on New Caney Porter. So we know the top 3 are set. Magnolia in first, Magnolia West and College Station will battle it out the first weekend of December for second and third. The question is who gets fourth. After tonight’s defeat for Waller, it’s looking like Lufkin. Now New Caney, New Caney Porter and Waller are still alive. Especially Waller who faces the Pack in the final game of the season. But they really need to win out. Lufkin should have two easy contests against Cleveland and Caney Creek before their final contest against Waller. I just don’t see how they can screw up this. Going with Magnolia, College Station, Magnolia West and Lufkin as my top four. Picking the Cougars to defeat the Mustangs due to their meeting being in College Station.
    THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
    5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
    40 District Championships
    '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
    '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
    '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
    '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
    '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• You perpetual cheerleaders with your every year 5 star players, got some splainin to do. Cant y'all be realist just ONE friggin year and admit we are average??????????? You mofos act like we are on North Shores level every pre season. Do Y'all watch ANY football other than ours for comparison? Apparently not. Then again, if you never strapped on a helmet or coached, that explains a lot. I mean, I love the LOBOS, but geezus, yall are straight trippin every damn season with the hype.

Comment

• Nobody says 0-10. But come on man. Not saying they won’t give effort and do their best but I do not see the talent you do??? Freshman class looks to be good in 2 years if they keep progressing. But next year????? Ok Hale he’s good , 26 on defense ok he’s not bad. Anymore? Jv team is not spectacular. I just want to know if the talent that will beat good teams next year? Not saying don’t hope they win and be positive but being like Longview players are better because in green is rediculous. Just for example, the kid on freshman team as qb . Nice kid, but small and wouldn’t be 5th string at highland park .not sure where we get he will be better then Haynes king which is insane. The eye test tells me. Will be a team that will have problems scoring. Hale will probably not even come close to being the plater he can til senior season .supporting cast and Qb position just aren’t going to be great .yes, will beat Wylie and Sherman oh and Marshall . But, Any quality team will be a major problem for next years team.won’t be awful but for lobo standards it will be below for sure unless something changes at Qb. Qb needs to be a stud at this level period.that is if you want to play for titles. If you just want to play and go home then roll out whatever. We talking about thinking we are some powerhouse right? Powerhouses have great players at the most important positions.

Comment

• It’s truly ok. Having teams go all the way is difficult. Just have to be realistic when talking about players either way. Not just because in Longview uniform. Longview will be just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
            Fairchild not even on JV anymore....he played vs Highland Park a lot of that game. #58.
            Fairchild was a MANCHILD on JV. I mean, absolute dominance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos99 View Post
              Nobody says 0-10. But come on man. Not saying they won’t give effort and do their best but I do not see the talent you do??? Freshman class looks to be good in 2 years if they keep progressing. But next year????? Ok Hale he’s good , 26 on defense ok he’s not bad. Anymore? Jv team is not spectacular. I just want to know if the talent that will beat good teams next year? Not saying don’t hope they win and be positive but being like Longview players are better because in green is rediculous. Just for example, the kid on freshman team as qb . Nice kid, but small and wouldn’t be 5th string at highland park .not sure where we get he will be better then Haynes king which is insane. The eye test tells me. Will be a team that will have problems scoring. Hale will probably not even come close to being the plater he can til senior season .supporting cast and Qb position just aren’t going to be great .yes, will beat Wylie and Sherman oh and Marshall . But, Any quality team will be a major problem for next years team.won’t be awful but for lobo standards it will be below for sure unless something changes at Qb. Qb needs to be a stud at this level period.that is if you want to play for titles. If you just want to play and go home then roll out whatever. We talking about thinking we are some powerhouse right? Powerhouses have great players at the most important positions.
              I mean north shore isn't always great every year just right now these last few years we see how they do once they lose this class after this year.

Comment

• Heck even Duncanville have never been a power house that long never really hear from them until these last few years

Comment

• The Smith and valleys and Converse Judson were big name schools there for a few years now where they at? We were around then too and still are hear our name more then them.

Comment

• Round Rock stoney point at one point too can go on point is lot of teams have their special classes make them relevant for few years we seem to always be relevant 🤷

Comment

• What’s a powerhouse?

Comment

• Without Haynes king still would be without a championship, that’s undeniable.will Longview ever win another without a kid at the qb position. In today’s game. In my opinion no way. So unless Longview gets a super stud at Qb it will be 2011-2016 teams.

Comment

• Good teams but limited in today’s era.we are right back to teams prior to the supreme Qb King was talent wise. Running, passing and leadership . You need a minimum of Aaron Johnson talent to get close or even Peter. Can any qb in system get that close? Hmmmm I really don’t honestly think so.never know but we will see...

Comment

• Do y'all even enjoy the season, as a whole? Or are you simply just waiting for a Lobo playoff loss so you can go off on a message board? Legit question.

Be realistic all you want. But good God.
                            THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                            5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                            40 District Championships
                            '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                            '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                            '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
                            '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                            '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos99 View Post
                              Nobody says 0-10. But come on man. Not saying they won’t give effort and do their best but I do not see the talent you do??? Freshman class looks to be good in 2 years if they keep progressing. But next year????? Ok Hale he’s good , 26 on defense ok he’s not bad. Anymore? Jv team is not spectacular. I just want to know if the talent that will beat good teams next year? Not saying don’t hope they win and be positive but being like Longview players are better because in green is rediculous. Just for example, the kid on freshman team as qb . Nice kid, but small and wouldn’t be 5th string at highland park .not sure where we get he will be better then Haynes king which is insane. The eye test tells me. Will be a team that will have problems scoring. Hale will probably not even come close to being the plater he can til senior season .supporting cast and Qb position just aren’t going to be great .yes, will beat Wylie and Sherman oh and Marshall . But, Any quality team will be a major problem for next years team.won’t be awful but for lobo standards it will be below for sure unless something changes at Qb. Qb needs to be a stud at this level period.that is if you want to play for titles. If you just want to play and go home then roll out whatever. We talking about thinking we are some powerhouse right? Powerhouses have great players at the most important positions.
                              Tutt isn't Any smaller then kyler murry was in high school shot probably taller then he is now in the NFL lol not saying his Kyler but he not "small "

Comment

• I’m basically talking to you. Oh yea... Longview will do fine. Just enjoy getting you going! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X