*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
    A'Darius Carter was always a better fit at WR. Truth be told, Haynes was the best QB in the program when he was a freshmen in 2016.

That's why it didnt shock me one bit to see him succeed at a high level at WR once he was placed there full-time. If he was groomed there for 4 years instead of being in a crazy QB rotation with Lawson his entire HS career....he lands at a P5 no question.

Fast forward to now....we definitely agree. Landyn Grant has the higher ceiling.
    It’s good to disagree and be civil. There’s an old saying, “if everyone in the room agrees, there’s a good chance only one person in the room is thinking”. One things’ for damn sure, rotating with Lawson was a joke and a bad one at that. Go Lobos!

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
      Last time we had a QB search, me and you had a difference in preference.

You wanted A'Darius Carter, I wanted Haynes King.

I'm happy to say that we see eye to eye this time. Lol

I like both Allen and Grant. I truly do...and although Allen has probably has had a little more success than Grant to this point....I also know which one has the higher potential. And that would be Grant.

Man...we think the QB situation is crazy now....wait until next year. Tutt (who has the highest potential of any QB in our program) could possibly be in the mix.....and there's also something else that hasn't been discussed at all.

I dont think people realize this but Longview had a pretty solid transfer this year, sophomore QB/ATH Kam Griffin. Currently QB on JV, I'm sure only because of eligibility. He's the brother of: https://247sports.com/Player/Khalan-...school-208857/
      I honestly don't think we will get to see this develop. I think Allen is here to stay unless he has a horrible series of games and gets sacked and shows his limited mobility a lot or turns it over a lot...for instance, I really see HP going after him over and over again. I don't see that going well. BUT....I still think that he will be the one...although Grant has the higher potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post

I honestly don't think we will get to see this develop. I think Allen is here to stay unless he has a horrible series of games and gets sacked and shows his limited mobility a lot or turns it over a lot...for instance, I really see HP going after him over and over again. I don't see that going well. BUT....I still think that he will be the one...although Grant has the higher potential.
        Thing about Allen is he doesnt make a ton of mistakes. Doesnt turnover the ball and manages the offense more smooth.

But a lot of the playcalling when Allen is in allows this. Mechanically, he isnt the QB Grant is. Not really strong throwing the ball outside the hashes....deep ball is eh but he had a good deep ball against West Brook. Allen may understand situations/playbook better than Grant which is why he's gotten majority of the reps.

I think his ceiling is somewhere in the area of Chumley ...which isnt bad from a talent standpoint...but Grant's floor is Bivins Caraway.

Shame these two are coming up in the same grade...on top of other QBs in their age range.

Grant has too much upside to sit on the bench long term so...if he isn't ultimately chosen for whatever reason...can definitely see him taking his talents elsewhere as he would be well within his rights to. I wouldnt blame em. He'll sign to FBS school one day...regardless if its with the Lobos or not.

Comment

• Probably will not beat elite teams with 12 at Qb. Just not good enough . Using him now is just to win a bit now instead of suffering a bit with a more talented high ceiling kid. Call the same plays with Grant that you do Allen and I bet results close . I’m sure Sllen is a good kid but every team lobos play will have a Qb as good or better. That’s just the truth . Do t know what’s going on internally but sometimes you need to struggle at first to then reap the benefits of just playing him thru it. Allens arm motion will be eaten up by good d backs. It’s wayyyy too long. Thing is this team will now wat best Hp, Denton Ryan , etc... just hate to say thAt but they will make Allen throw it and not sure he can . Allen can’t even run ball , so basically we use to hand off and throw bootleg passes in flat. Good team will take that away easily . Give Grant easy passes early, give him the good running game now and you will see a respect from teams for deep bsll which keeps teams from stacking line against run. Because HP will take Hale away then stack against run. Then also score 30-40 thrmsrlves.i would play Grant first Halfvthis week.

Comment

• Two great posts: WP4L and Lobos99. Let the truth prevail. I don’t give a damn about anything other than the truth . Time will bear this out; if not, I agree, look for LG to take his arm strength elsewhere. If anybody’s got any coffee and access to the Lobos coaching staff, please take them some and let them smell it. If I am later on found to be wrong, it want be the first time and damn sure not the last. I’ll take my lumps like a man and offer up my sincerest apology... At the end of the day, I just want what’s best for each of these young men and the team. Go Lobos!

Comment

• Just want to say..... play calling at foster is..... let’s say ... no creative . Oh my geez. It’s not good.its almost zero coaching til they get to freshman.

Comment

• Was very Disappointed in what I saw. Not saying they don’t put time but wow Longview is way behind.

Comment

• lol off topic but i'm going back and forth with this dude on youtube of our 2005 game vs lee that it wasnt on espn that it was on fssw he saying it was on espn that he played in the game, is that why i have the game on dvd with fssw broad cast lol

Comment

• 6’3 qb and does nothing but hand off to a play up middle

Comment

• Im shocked to be honest how bad it is.

Comment

• Literally 3 plays

Comment

• I learned how to mute someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos99 View Post
                            6’3 qb and does nothing but hand off to a play up middle
                            Must be your first time watching Foster. lol

They're gonna run, run and run because that's their strength with those two backs.

QB may be tall but doesn't mean he has an arm.

Plus its...MS. You arent going to see an Andy Reid playbook in MS.

You want to see a more open playbook....go watch Judson. Maverick Rowe is a good QB.
                            Last edited by WP4L™; 10-19-2020, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post
                              lol off topic but i'm going back and forth with this dude on youtube of our 2005 game vs lee that it wasnt on espn that it was on fssw he saying it was on espn that he played in the game, is that why i have the game on dvd with fssw broad cast lol
                              Was on FSSW.

Only game we've had on ESPN was against John Tyler last year....all our other nationally televised games were on Fox.

Comment

• Ok I will . But could definitely use the qb running more. Either way I’d update to maybe 5 plays! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X