*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
    Btw, MH is eye balling being a top 5 FB easily since 2000 if he keeps this up.
    He is definitely a man amongst boys!

Comment

• Peoples keep mentioning this Tatum kid. Does anyone have video-links of him to post?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeC View Post
        Peoples keep mentioning this Tatum kid. Does anyone have video-links of him to post?
        first carry vs legacy 96 yard td https://twitter.com/i/status/1314426431787728896 scroll down on profile and more videos

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post
          i call it now we will win over HP 35-28
          Good call; however, I hoping for more like 42-21 so we can leave them doubting themselves if we should happen to meet them again in the Regional finale...

Comment

i call it now we will win over HP 35-28
            That's bold and still a long 3 weeks away...but I will say that Rockwall beat SLC and their top rated QB prospect only to have HP hold them to a mere 18 points. HP will without a doubt be the best team on our schedule unless we get to play Denton Ryan...there is ALOT of work 2 do in the next 2 weeks for that game....

Comment

first carry vs legacy 96 yard td https://twitter.com/i/status/1314426431787728896 scroll down on profile and more videos
              Good Lord! 😏

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post

That's bold and still a long 3 weeks away...but I will say that Rockwall beat SLC and their top rated QB prospect only to have HP hold them to a mere 18 points. HP will without a doubt be the best team on our schedule unless we get to play Denton Ryan...there is ALOT of work 2 do in the next 2 weeks for that game....
                Agreed! I think the defense will be straight up nasty by then. The O-line will be clicking by HP game time, which means I will have no worries with our backfield causing havoc on any defense. This will make our passing game formidable. But, the infamous but, we need to quickly settle on a QB in an effort to develop continuity and timing between the receivers and the QB. Personally, I am strongly leaning towards Landon Grant.

Comment

Good Lord! 😏
                  the Tatum kid is special...if we continues to develop the sky is the limit with him...

Comment

Agreed! I think the defense will be straight up nasty by then. The O-line will be clicking by HP game time, which means I will have no worries with our backfield causing havoc on any defense. This will make our passing game formidable. But, the infamous but, we need to quickly settle on a QB in an effort to develop continuity and timing between the receivers and the QB. Personally, I am strongly leaning towards Landon Grant.
                    Unless he becomes a turnover machine, Allen will be our QB from what I am hearing.

Comment

Peoples keep mentioning this Tatum kid. Does anyone have video-links of him to post?
                      Spoke a ton about him. His potential is crazy high....and he isnt the only long term FBS potential RB in that freshmen class either. Willie Nelson can ball. Cut from that McCray cloth.

Comment

But, the infamous but, we need to quickly settle on a QB in an effort to develop continuity and timing between the receivers and the QB. Personally, I am strongly leaning towards Landon Grant.
                        Last time we had a QB search, me and you had a difference in preference.

You wanted A'Darius Carter, I wanted Haynes King.

I'm happy to say that we see eye to eye this time. Lol

I like both Allen and Grant. I truly do...and although Allen has probably has had a little more success than Grant to this point....I also know which one has the higher potential. And that would be Grant.

Man...we think the QB situation is crazy now....wait until next year. Tutt (who has the highest potential of any QB in our program) could possibly be in the mix.....and there's also something else that hasn't been discussed at all.

I dont think people realize this but Longview had a pretty solid transfer this year, sophomore QB/ATH Kam Griffin. Currently QB on JV, I'm sure only because of eligibility. He's the brother of: https://247sports.com/Player/Khalan-...school-208857/
                        Last edited by WP4L™; 10-17-2020, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• The Lobo Wrap following Longview's 51-28 win over Beaumont West Brook: https://lobohistory.com/blog/2020/lobowrapweek4.html

Spoiler, Kaden Meredith is featured quite a bit.
                          THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                          5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                          40 District Championships
                          '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                          '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                          '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
                          '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                          '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
                            The Lobo Wrap following Longview's 51-28 win over Beaumont West Brook: https://lobohistory.com/blog/2020/lobowrapweek4.html

Spoiler, Kaden Meredith is featured quite a bit.
                            Also, pretty far behind on getting the audio highlights up. Still need to do the Temple, Legacy and West Brook games. Plus have the away audio for Legacy and West Brook. But will hopefully get these done this week.
                            THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                            5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                            40 District Championships
                            '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                            '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                            '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
                            '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                            '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                              Last time we had a QB search, me and you had a difference in preference.

You wanted A'Darius Carter, I wanted Haynes King.

I'm happy to say that we see eye to eye this time. Lol

I like both Allen and Grant. I truly do...and although Allen has probably has had a little more success than Grant to this point....I also know which one has the higher potential. And that would be Grant.

Man...we think the QB situation is crazy now....wait until next year. Tutt (who has the highest potential of any QB in our program) could possibly be in the mix.....and there's also something else that hasn't been discussed at all.

I dont think people realize this but Longview had a pretty solid transfer this year, sophomore QB/ATH Kam Griffin. Currently QB on JV, I'm sure only because of eligibility. He's the brother of: https://247sports.com/Player/Khalan-...school-208857/
                              Without peeling scabs off old wounds. I felt, and so did many others, the way I did because I felt A’Darius (AD henceforth) had paid his dues and as a Sr. that the position should have been his to lose. To be honest, in removing AD from the equation, I didn’t like the way Coach King handled that situation at all. IMO, I didn’t think that we’d gain a substantial advantage in choosing one over the other at that time. AD was a pretty good QB that was never IMO, given a fair shake, particularly considering that HK had the next two years sown up and possibly would have won out over AD in a head-to-head as the seasoned progressed anyways. At least AD would have been given a fair shake instead of a raw deal. Anyways, that’s water way under the bridge.

Now back to the current situation. Like you, I see more potential in LG. Allen throwing motion scares me as it it telegraphed, which is primed for good-to-great DB’s. Plus his ability to escape heavy rushes, his legs, seems a bit suspect to me. This spells trouble to me. Personally, LG needs the under center/playing time to adjust and adapt from White Oak/Freshman play to BIG boy (6A/5A) play. A little more grooming and I believe this young man could be dynamic. IMO. But hey, what do I know? Lol
                              Last edited by JoeC; 10-18-2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Without peeling scabs off old wounds. I felt, and so did many others, the way I did because I felt A’Darius (AD henceforth) had paid his dues and as a Sr. that the position should have been his to lose. To be honest, in removing AD from the equation, I didn’t like the way Coach King handled that situation at all. IMO, I didn’t think that we’d gain a substantial advantage in choosing one over the other at that time. AD was a pretty good QB that was never IMO, given a fair shake, particularly considering that HK had the next two years sown up and possibly would have won out over AD in a head-to-head as the seasoned progressed anyways. At least AD would have been given a fair shake instead of a raw deal. Anyways, that’s water way under the bridge.
                                A'Darius Carter was always a better fit at WR. Truth be told, Haynes was the best QB in the program when he was a freshmen in 2016.

That's why it didnt shock me one bit to see him succeed at a high level at WR once he was placed there full-time. If he was groomed there for 4 years instead of being in a crazy QB rotation with Lawson his entire HS career....he lands at a P5 no question.

Fast forward to now....we definitely agree. Landyn Grant has the higher ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X