No announcement yet.

*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lobo Wrap following Longview's 53-21 victory over the Marshall Mavericks: https://lobohistory.com/blog/2020/lobowrapweek2.html
    THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
    5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
    40 District Championships
    '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
    '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
    '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
    '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
    '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
      Post game with head coach John King following Longview's 53-21 win over Marshall: https://lobohistory.com/audio/2020/marshallpostgame.mp3
      Audio highlights of Longview's 53-21 victory over Marshall: https://lobohistory.com/audio/2020/marshall.mp3

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Btw, went and checked out 9th in Marshall the either day.

And what I saw further reassured everything I've been saying about that class from the jump.

They are special.

I'm not kidding, that class has talent all over the field.

For one, I think our starting RB on the varsity level next season could be a sophomore. There are two long term FBS potential RBs in the 9th backfield: Taylor Tatum and Willie Nelson. Both with a good balance of size and talent. Tatum is already bigger than our varsity RBs. Fast, punishing runner. See for yourself: https://twitter.com/taylortatum06/st...640646144?s=19 and Willie Nelson is every bit of electrifying. Been awaiting his arrival to LHS for years, heck this entire group. Tyler McCray style of RB play, can also play FS long term too.

Many others too that I may talk more about later. DK Reese, a 6'1 CB. Jaymerson Darensbourg, a 6'2 TE/DE. Budha Garrett, Chase Smith, Andrew Pierce....list goes on.

The unique thing about that class? Its one thing to have the talent, but when you also have a dominant QB to go with it...thats the cherry on top. 2024 QB Andrew Tutt is a stud. Very good mechanics for a Freshmen. He even has better mechanics than one of our sophomore QBs on varsity.

I could talk all day about that group but imagine in a few years, 2022 to be exact....all of that on the same field as 2023 guys like Grant/Jalen Hale/Amarian Hamilton/JT Wright/JJ Rougley.

Cant wait to see it.

Comment

Dallas Molina takes on Dallas W.T. White
          Stepp reporting that Molina has forfeited this game, and WT White gets the win + 15 point margin.

Comment

He’s a Lufkin/Temple fan....
            Nope Tyler Legacy fan

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
              Nothing remotely overrated about Jalen Hale.

The dude will probably end up having the best sophomore campaign of any Longview WR ever by the end of the season, and thats with inexperience at QB.

You dont play on varsity as a freshmen at Longview, but Hale did. That in itself speaks of his talent.

Wade is straight but he aint Jalen Hale.
              Wade was on Varsity as Freshman and got a college letter before football season started last year. What about Hale? What do u know about wade? We'll see what Hale does against Legacy. He is behind wade in stats. No competition. Stop overeating that dood. Let him play.
              Last edited by MenOfValor; 10-04-2020, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post

once he gets more snaps and games under belt the grant+hale combo is going to be fun to watch remaining of the year and the next two years we saw last night used hale more on deep routes last night one for a td
                From what I seen Marshall do,Wade may make big plays on lobos

Comment

• Originally posted by Gametyme View Post

8 sophomores on defense and a offensive line that is struggling. No doubt Magnolia West about to kick Lufkin teeth in next week. Honestly this could be the year they miss the playoffs. They won't beat College Station, New Caney, Magnolia West and Magnolia. I'm dead *** serious too.
                  Lmao where u get that from? 8 sophomores on defense and offensive line struggling? Lmao!!! Lufkin has good offense. No problem with their line. you don't know what ur talking about. Where u get your information from,a dream? I think they win their district. If not they will surely make playoffs. Their defense is very very suspect though
                  Last edited by MenOfValor; 10-04-2020, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MenOfValor View Post

Wade was on Varsity as Freshman and got a college letter before football season started last year. What about Hale? What do u know about wade? We'll see what Hale does against Legacy. He is behind wade in stats. No competition. Stop overeating that dood. Let him play.
                    Wade mostly on varsity because there's zero depth at Tyler High. They play freshmen almost every year...hell they got a bunch of freshmen on varsity this year. Nothing new.

Jalen Hale was the first freshmen to play varsity ball at Longview since at least the 80s. Already has P5 offers.

And just like you've thrown ratings and rankings at me in the past...right back at ya. Wade is not rated as high as Hale: https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Fo...chool&State=TX

Looks like you're the one overrating Wade....

Comment

Wade mostly on varsity because there's zero depth at Tyler High. They play freshmen almost every year...hell they got a bunch of freshmen on varsity this year. Nothing new.

Jalen Hale was the first freshmen to play varsity ball at Longview since at least the 80s. Already has P5 offers.

And just like you've thrown ratings and rankings at me in the past...right back at ya. Wade is not rated as high as Hale: https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Fo...chool&State=TX

Looks like you're the one overrating Wade....
                      Get this garbage out of here. Pull up their stats this season

Comment

• And Hale is sharing the spotlight with Meredith/Haynes/Pencheon/Beltran and the rest of that good WR core.

Of course he's gonna be behind Wade in stats. Tyler High don't have the talent around Wade that Longview has around Hale. Not even close.

Comment

5-5A DIVISION 1 -
                          That 4th spot is completely wide open I feel. Going with Tyler right now.
                          😂😂😂 What a Longview Homer,was woke speaking the truth last week,now gone to damn sleep
                          Last edited by MenOfValor; 10-05-2020, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Hale torching Lee's secondary last year....as a freshmen lol

http://www.hudl.com/v/2CG703

Comment

And Hale is sharing the spotlight with Meredith/Haynes/Pencheon/Beltran and the rest of that good WR core.

Of course he's gonna be behind Wade in stats. Tyler High don't have the talent around Wade that Longview has around Hale. Not even close.
                              😂😂😂😂 "I don't wanna hear no damn excuses, Lewis!!!!!"

Comment

Hale torching Lee's secondary last year....as a freshmen lol

http://www.hudl.com/v/2CG703
                                If that's really him,probably was against 3rd or 4th string

Comment

Working...
                                X