• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post
    #81 BELTRAN my be important role in our offense have made some plays so far
    Both TEs are a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
      Both TEs are a problem.
      Pencheon had a great one handed catch on that middle screen. With both he and Beltran in blocking....man.... Beltran also made a fantastic catch. Of course he was one of the bright spots that carried over from last week. Big target for a young QB. Always good to have.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbabi86 View Post

Pencheon had a great one handed catch on that middle screen. With both he and Beltran in blocking....man.... Beltran also made a fantastic catch. Of course he was one of the bright spots that carried over from last week. Big target for a young QB. Always good to have.
        That Beltran catch was insane. No idea how he made that catch.
        THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
        5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
        40 District Championships
        '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
        '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
        '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
        '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
        '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• haynes got in about 5mins left in game had some nice runs drove team down to goal line

Comment

• Originally posted by MenOfValor View Post
            What's the problem with Lufkin though?
            8 sophomores on defense and a offensive line that is struggling. No doubt Magnolia West about to kick Lufkin teeth in next week. Honestly this could be the year they miss the playoffs. They won't beat College Station, New Caney, Magnolia West and Magnolia. I'm dead *** serious too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gametyme View Post

8 sophomores on defense and a offensive line that is struggling. No doubt Magnolia West about to kick Lufkin teeth in next week. Honestly this could be the year they miss the playoffs. They won't beat College Station, New Caney, Magnolia West and Magnolia. I'm dead *** serious too.
              C'mon Man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quick View Post

C'mon Man.
                Its really bad right now. Its probably just more youth then anything. If Lufkin dont beat one of those 4 I listed its over.

Comment

• reading aggie forums they already wanting haynes to replace mound saying what they got to lose get him the experience now and prepare for the future

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverBean View Post
                    reading aggie forums they already wanting haynes to replace mound saying what they got to lose get him the experience now and prepare for the future
                    I dont know if I would want to burn his red shirt but then again I think.everyone gets this year of eligibility anyway so yeah I can see the argument.

Comment

• Hasty has been activated to the active squad for the 49ers today. I expect him to get some carries today.

Comment

I dont know if I would want to burn his red shirt but then again I think.everyone gets this year of eligibility anyway so yeah I can see the argument.
                        Might as well take advantage and get the experience can still red shirt If need being this year don't count towards eligibility

Comment

• Aggie fans mad mound being four year starter haven't improved and won't take off running when play breaks down and u get a true freshman come in first drive and run vs bama

Comment

Y'all will beat New Caney, I feel.

But I have to agree on College Station, Magnolia and West. The last two should be close. But College Station is looking scary this year.

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• AFTER WEEK TWO -

5-5A Division I:
                              1) Denton Ryan (2-0, 0-0)
                              2) Frisco Heritage (2-0, 0-0)
                              3) Frisco Wakeland (2-0, 0-0)
                              4) Denton (1-1, 0-0)
                              5) Frisco Centennial (1-1, 0-0)
                              6) Frisco Reedy (1-1, 0-0)
                              7) Lewisville The Colony (1-1, 0-0)
                              8) Frisco Independence (0-2, 0-0)
                              9) Frisco Lone Star (0-2, 0-0)
                              Eliminated:
                              N/A

6-5A Division I:
                              1) Carrollton Newman Smith (1-0, 0-0)
                              2) Dallas Sunset (1-0, 0-0)
                              3) Carrollton R.L. Turner (0-0, 0-0)
                              4) Dallas Bryan Adams (0-0, 0-0)
                              5) Dallas Molina (0-0, 0-0)
                              6) Dallas Samuell (0-0, 0-0)
                              7) Lancaster (0-0, 0-0)
                              8) Dallas W.T. White (0-1, 0-0)
                              9) Dallas Wilson (0-1, 0-0)
                              Eliminated:
                              N/A

7-5A Division I:
                              1) Highland Park (0-0, 0-0)
                              2) Longview (1-1, 0-0)
                              3) Wylie East (1-1, 0-0)
                              4) McKinney North (0-1, 0-0)
                              5) Sherman (0-2, 0-0)
                              6) Tyler (0-2, 0-0)
                              7) West Mesquite (0-2, 0-0)
                              Eliminated:
                              N/A

8-5A Division I:
                              1) College Station (2-0, 0-0)
                              2) New Caney Porter (2-0, 0-0)
                              3) Cleveland (1-1, 0-0)
                              4) Lufkin (1-1, 0-0)
                              5) Magnolia (1-1, 0-0)
                              6) Magnolia West (1-1, 0-0)
                              7) New Caney (1-1, 0-0)
                              8) Conroe Caney Creek (0-2, 0-0)
                              9) Waller (0-2, 0-0)
                              Eliminated:
                              N/A

CURRENT PROJECTIONS
                              D5 #1. Denton Ryan vs D6 #4. Carrollton Newman Smith
                              D7 #3. McKinney North vs D8 #2. Magnolia West
                              D5 #4. Frisco Centennial vs D6 #1. Lancaster
                              D7 #2. Longview vs D8 #3. Magnolia

D5 #3. Frisco Wakeland vs D6 #2. Dallas W.T. White
                              D7 #1. Highland Park vs D8 #4. Lufkin
                              D5 #2. Frisco Lone Star vs D6 #3. Dallas Bryan Adams
                              D7 #4. Tyler vs D8 #1. College Station

Comment

• 5-5A DIVISION 1 -
                                If anyone was questioning whether Denton Ryan was the class of Region II, that was answered with an emphatic yes. Denton Ryan faced off against cross town rival #5 6A Denton Guyer on Friday and held on for a 23-20 victory. A huge early season victory for the Raiders as they head into district play. The team that was suppose to compete with them, Frisco Lone Star, has found themselves in a bit of a hole after their two non-district games. A week after being upset by North Forney, the Rangers faced off against #2 5A D2 Aledo. While the Rangers competed well, it was the Bearcats who walked away with a 34-32 win. Still, Lone Star has to grab some confidence from that performance before heading into district action. Elsewhere, Frisco Heritage moved to 2-0 with a 42-35 win at Saginaw. Frisco Wakeland also improved to 2-0 with a dominating 35-7 win over Richardson Pearce. Around the district saw Frisco Reedy drop a 31-0 decision to Frisco, Frisco Centennial picked up a 38-15 win over Lake Dallas, Denton dominated Chisholm Trail 32-16, Frisco Independence fell 42-35 to #6 5A D2 Wichita Falls Riders, and The Colony defeated North Crowley 24-21. This week, district starts. Frisco Wakeland takes on Frisco Centennial, Frisco Lone Star takes on Frisco Heritage, Frisco Reedy hosts Denton Ryan and Denton hosts the Colony. Denton Ryan is obviously the class of the district, with Lone Star having a down year. Still the Rangers should finish second. I feel safe in predicting Wakeland as the No. 3 team. But that 4th spot is wide open. I’m going to go with Centennial right now.

6-5A DIVISION 1 -
                                The district finally got underway this week, at least some did. Carrollton Newman Smith picked up their first win of the season as they knocked off Carrollton Creekview, 14-7. Dallas Sunset also moved to 1-0 with a 23-20 victory over Dallas Adamson. Those were the two wins for the district. Dallas W.T. White started their season off with a loss, falling 33-21 to Richardson Berkner. Still, I think that performance is pretty good for this district. Dallas Wilson fell 42-14 to Fort Worth Arlington Heights. The rest of the district had games canceled or didn’t play. And that’s not good for some, as district play begins this week. Lancaster travels to Dallas Samuell, Dallas Molina takes on Dallas W.T. White, Carrollton R.L. Turner travels to Dallas Sunset, Dallas Bryan Adams travels to Carrollton Newman Smith, and Dallas Wilson has a non-district contest at Fort Worth O.D. Wyatt. Lancaster will roll this district, we all know that. W.T. White should finish second. The other two are up for grabs. Going with Bryan Adams in 3rd and Newman Smith in 4th.

7-5A DIVISION 1 -
                                Questions were somewhat answered this week for the district that saw 0 wins in the first week of the season. While Highland Park continues to self quarantine thanks to COVID, the Lobos rolled into Marshall underdogs officially. Longview rolled out of Maverick Stadium with a dominating 53-21 win that wasn’t as close as the score shows. It was a great bounce back for a young Lobo squad following their third largest defeat to open a season in school history. Wylie East responded to last week’s season opening loss with a shocking victory over Irving Nimitz, 42-18. What a big win for the Raiders. McKinney North opened their 2020 season with a 63-40 shootout loss to Justin Northwest. Seems the Bulldogs still are all in on the all offense, no defense strategy. The rest of the district suffered their second loss. The most inspiring loss of the week came from Tyler, who held the lead for a lot of their contest before succumbing to Tyler Legacy 40-28. Sherman’s 24-7 loss to Mount Pleasant has to be the most shocking loss of the week. The Bearcats were not competitive with the Tigers, despite the score. West Mesquite also suffered a heavy loss to cross town rival Mesquite Poteet, 40-14. This week, Highland Park gets their season underway by hosting Coppell, Longview hosts Tyler Legacy, McKinney North hosts Marshall, Sherman hosts Saginaw, Tyler travels to Nacogdoches, West Mesquite travels to Chisholm Trail and Wylie East hosts Royse City. We don’t know anything about Highland Park this season yet, but I’m still going to place them top for now, Longview second and McKinney North third. That 4th spot is completely wide open I feel. Going with Tyler right now.

8-5A DIVISION 1 -
                                College Station, after a couple down years following their state title season, have resoundingly started the 2020 season with two dominating and impressive wins. The Cougars are 2-0 after a 54-0 win over Fort Bend Bush. New Caney Porter also improved to 2-0 on the year with a 33-21 win over Montgomery Lake Creek, 33-21. Cleveland ended a 24-game losing streak with a 60-27 win over Houston Northbrook. It was Cleveland’s first wins since a 2017, 40-6 win over Huffman Hargrave. New Caney rebounded from a season opening loss, with a 33-13 win over Kingwood Park. Lufkin scheduled a game with Nederland mid week, and pulled out the win over the Bulldogs, 31-28. And Magnolia picked up their first win of the year with a 35-10 win over Brenham. Elsewhere, Waller fell 37-27 to Tomball, Magnolia West put up a great fight but fell 28-13 to Temple and Conroe Caney Creek fell 34-20 at Galena Park. District starts this week with Magnolia West hosting Lufkin, New Caney taking on cross town rival New Caney Porter, Cleveland traveling to Waller and College Station traveling to Magnolia. Conroe Caney Creek is off. I think College Station is the class of the district this year. Both Magnolia schools look really solid. And Lufkin/New Caney look to be in the discussion for the 3rd or 4th spots. Going with College Station, Magnolia West, Magnolia and Lufkin.
                                Last edited by LoboFan07; 10-04-2020, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X