No announcement yet.

*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just can't. Not going to spread the hate anymore than it already has been. In ALL my years of watching Lobo ball, I am just dumbfounded.
    Doesn't change my loyalty, though.

Always Lobos!
    LOBO4LIFE

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos99 View Post
      Go Lobos... I predict Longview will go farther then Temple this year. Just let’s see in week 10. See you guys then!
      That could happen. 6AD2 might be tougher that 5AD1. Not necessarily, but could be.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEMPLE WILDCATS View Post
        Really? Mediocre. OK. TEMPLE is a proud program also. 4th all-time in wins in Texas.47 in the nation in all-time wins. But whatever you say though. jus went to state in 2014- 2016. We are very young and inexperienced but can match Longview with speed and talent in any year. doesn't mean we will win every-time.You guys do lead the series 4-3, I think maybe a couple of more teams in the state of Texas can say that,. I respect Longview very much as a program no matter what some of the fans say is silly.
        I think Temple is going to be pretty good this year. What hurt Longview the most was penalties and turnovers. That was really the game. The QBs will be fine with experience. I see some want Grant going forward you and me are Allen guys going forward. This is Longview Lobo football you guys are going to be ok.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Gametyme;n547911]

I think Temple is going to be pretty good this year. What hurt Longview the most was penalties and turnovers. That was really the game. The QBs will be fine with experience. I see some want Grant going forward you and me are Allen guys going forward. This is Longview Lobo football you guys are going to be ok. [/QUOTE

I think they will be. Also I liked the physical hitting stripping the ball Temple defense. Mikal is a hell of a WR. Temple just dominated 2nd half. Very proud of the boys for a first game. They have to clean up alot of stuff but that will come with time.. A very young and inexperienced team. Defense could even be better but Devan williams JR CB- 6-1 - 190 moved away. We had high expectations. for him, and SR DE - Fach- 6'2 - 250- is just concentrating on baseball. Very proud of QB Arizmendi. Took over in the 2nd half. I think you may be referring to someone else about Grant and Allen. I am not so concerned about longview's QB situation. lol

Last edited by TEMPLE WILDCATS; 09-27-2020, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldCatFan View Post

That could happen. 6AD2 might be tougher that 5AD1. Not necessarily, but could be.
            ya no doubt they have an easier road in 5A. No question about that. easy to say that.

Comment

ya no doubt they have an easier road in 5A. No question about that. easy to say that.
              5A Div 1 Reg 2 is tougher then 6A Div 2 Reg 2. Denton Ryan, Highland Park, Lone Star and a team formerly known as Lufkin although they decided to opt this season well at least the defense.

Comment

Highly doubtful. The region they're in has some of the best teams not just in 5a but the state. As Gametyme said, Highland Park, Denton Ryan, Lone Star, Lufkin, Lancaster and a bunch of other really good programs. It's by no means easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gametyme View Post

I think Temple is going to be pretty good this year. What hurt Longview the most was penalties and turnovers. That was really the game. The QBs will be fine with experience. I see some want Grant going forward you and me are Allen guys going forward. This is Longview Lobo football you guys are going to be ok.
                  I like both...

But I also know which one has the higher ceiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                    I like both...

So do I

Comment

So do I
                      I wrote this on another board about the two QBs....

Tbh...

I've seen both Allen and Grant plenty of times over the course of fall ball. And its been a back and forth effort nearly every practice.

I've seen Grant look good when Allen looked bad, and vice versa.

Shockingly enough, I still left AT&T last night with no definitive answer as to who should be QB1.

Landyn actually had an efficient night, going 11-16 but also had a pick and had trouble managing the O at times. Also threw a TD dart to Jalen Hale, and had another TD dropped by Kaden Meredith. Landyn is the better arm talent of the two, intermediate to long passes. Negatives?

- needs to calm down and just play his game. He seems a little tense out there

- needs to make his decisions quicker on rollout passes. Timing is everything in these type of plays...if someone is open...you get it to them as quickly as possible. If there's nothing there, either takeoff running or throw it away

- needs to work on his management. Several occasions, Grant didnt keep an eye on the clock and we had to burn a timeout because of that

- has to make the correct read. He goes through his progressions which is encouraging but doesnt always make the right decisions

Allen is more calmer and the O tends to flow a little more smooth because of that. He's been doing this stuff since Foster MS, maybe prior. Grant in his 2nd year learning the system. So as far as knowing the system, Allen has the edge there. I'd give Allen's arm the edge on short patterns...better with his feet than Grant. Negatives?

- needs to work on his arm strength and accuracy on intermediate/deep balls

- needs to progress through his reads and not focus on one pass catcher

- has a small tendency to bobble the ball on snaps and runner exchanges.

- needs to react quicker on out routes. His balls are a little late when passes are toward the sideline

Sophomores playing like sophomores in the middle of a pandemic is expected. I like both and they'll get better. But I also certainly know who has the higher upside. I'll keep that to myself though and let it play out.

Comment

I wrote this on another board about the two QBs....

Tbh...

I've seen both Allen and Grant plenty of times over the course of fall ball. And its been a back and forth effort nearly every practice.

I've seen Grant look good when Allen looked bad, and vice versa.

Shockingly enough, I still left AT&T last night with no definitive answer as to who should be QB1.

Landyn actually had an efficient night, going 11-16 but also had a pick and had trouble managing the O at times. Also threw a TD dart to Jalen Hale, and had another TD dropped by Kaden Meredith. Landyn is the better arm talent of the two, intermediate to long passes. Negatives?

- needs to calm down and just play his game. He seems a little tense out there

- needs to make his decisions quicker on rollout passes. Timing is everything in these type of plays...if someone is open...you get it to them as quickly as possible. If there's nothing there, either takeoff running or throw it away

- needs to work on his management. Several occasions, Grant didnt keep an eye on the clock and we had to burn a timeout because of that

- has to make the correct read. He goes through his progressions which is encouraging but doesnt always make the right decisions

Allen is more calmer and the O tends to flow a little more smooth because of that. He's been doing this stuff since Foster MS, maybe prior. Grant in his 2nd year learning the system. So as far as knowing the system, Allen has the edge there. I'd give Allen's arm the edge on short patterns...better with his feet than Grant. Negatives?

- needs to work on his arm strength and accuracy on intermediate/deep balls

- needs to progress through his reads and not focus on one pass catcher

- has a small tendency to bobble the ball on snaps and runner exchanges.

- needs to react quicker on out routes. His balls are a little late when passes are toward the sideline

Sophomores playing like sophomores in the middle of a pandemic is expected. I like both and they'll get better. But I also certainly know who has the higher upside. I'll keep that to myself though and let it play out.
                        me to. I don't really care. I am not a longview fan, but what i saw who is the lefty? He looked better to me. We have a senior QB, but he started on JV last yr. This was his first snaps as a Varsity player.
                        Last edited by TEMPLE WILDCATS; 09-27-2020, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• AFTER WEEK ONE -

5-5A Division I:
                          1) Denton Ryan (1-0, 0-0)
                          2) Frisco Heritage (1-0, 0-0)
                          3) Frisco Reedy (1-0, 0-0)
                          4) Frisco Wakeland (1-0, 0-0)
                          5) Denton (0-1, 0-0)
                          6) Frisco Centennial (0-1, 0-0)
                          7) Frisco Independence (0-1, 0-0)
                          8) Frisco Lone Star (0-1, 0-0)
                          9) Lewisville The Colony (0-1, 0-0)
                          Eliminated:
                          N/A

6-5A Division I:
                          1) Carrollton Newman Smith (0-0, 0-0)
                          2) Carrollton R.L. Turner (0-0, 0-0)
                          3) Dallas Bryan Adams (0-0, 0-0)
                          4) Dallas Molina (0-0, 0-0)
                          5) Dallas Samuell (0-0, 0-0)
                          6) Dallas Sunset (0-0, 0-0)
                          7) Dallas W.T. White (0-0, 0-0)
                          8) Dallas Wilson (0-0, 0-0)
                          9) Lancaster (0-0, 0-0)
                          Eliminated:
                          N/A

7-5A Division I:
                          1) Highland Park (0-0, 0-0)
                          2) McKinney North (0-0, 0-0)
                          3) Longview (0-1, 0-0)
                          4) Sherman (0-1, 0-0)
                          5) Tyler (0-1, 0-0)
                          6) West Mesquite (0-1, 0-0)
                          7) Wylie East (0-1, 0-0)
                          Eliminated:
                          N/A

8-5A Division I:
                          1) College Station (1-0, 0-0)
                          2) Magnolia West (1-0, 0-0)
                          3) New Caney Porter (1-0, 0-0)
                          4) Cleveland (0-1, 0-0)
                          5) Conroe Caney Creek (0-1, 0-0)
                          6) Lufkin (0-1, 0-0)
                          7) Magnolia (0-1, 0-0)
                          8) New Caney (0-1, 0-0)
                          9) Waller (0-1, 0-0)
                          Eliminated:
                          N/A

CURRENT PROJECTIONS
                          D5 #1. Denton Ryan vs D6 #4. Dallas Bryan Adams
                          D7 #3. McKinney North vs D8 #2. Magnolia
                          D5 #4. Frisco Wakeland vs D6 #1. Lancaster
                          D7 #2. Longview vs D8 #3. Lufkin

D5 #3. Frisco Independence vs D6 #2. Dallas W.T. White
                          D7 #1. Highland Park vs D8 #4. Magnolia West
                          D5 #2. Frisco Lone Star vs D6 #3. Carrollton Newman Smith
                          D7 #4. West Mesquite vs D8 #1. College Station
                          THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                          5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                          40 District Championships
                          '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                          '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                          '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
                          '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                          '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• 5-5A -
                            One favorite showed why they’re ranked where they are while the other suffered a season opening upset. Denton Ryan showed all of 5A why they are the #1 team in the state with a dominating performance over 6A #11 Arlington Martin. The Warriors never even had a chance as the Raiders dominated from the get go. Lone Star, on the other hand, found themselves down three scores in the first half. The Rangers climbed back into the game, but a ball controlling offense was too much for them to handle as the Falcons of North Forney held on for a 34-31 upset. Independence fell 17-14 to #8 Frisco. Heritage outscored Prosper Rock Hill, 61-45. Reedy held off Liberty, 35-27. Denton never got things going in a 20-3 loss at Lake Dallas. Wakeland dominated Sulphur Springs, 38-10. The Colony fell to the waste side with a 28-21 loss at Corsicana. Centennial is in for a rough year as they were blown out 55-38 by Centennial. Next week, teams get one more week of non-district play before the district schedule kicks in. Centennial hosts Lake Dallas, Reedy takes on Frisco, Denton hosts Chisholm Trail, Lakeland hosts Richardson Pearce, Heritage travels to Saginaw, Independence hosts Wichita Falls Rider, The Colony hosts North Crowley, Denton Ryan will get a massive test as they take on crosstown rival Denton Guyer, And Lone Star better get to stepping quick as they travel to Aledo.

6-5A -
                            The entire district was off this week and begins their 2020 football season next week. Carrollton Newman Smith takes on Carrollton Creekview, Dallas Wilson travels to Fort Worth Arlington Heights, Lancaster hosts Dallas Skyline, Dallas W.T. White takes on Richardson Berkner, Carrollton R.L. Turner travels Dallas Conrad and Dallas Sunset takes on Dallas Adamson. Dallas Bryan Adams, Dallas Molina and Dallas Samuell are all still off.

7-5A -
                            One word to say about the opening week of the 2020 season for this district: Awful. The district fell to 0-5 after the opening weekend of the season, and only one team was competitive in their contest for the entire night. Sherman and Tyler opened on Thursday night, and both came away with a ton to work on. Sherman held a 16-13 edge at halftime against Denison, but was just a mirage as the Yellowjackets scored 41 points with only a blocked extra point returned for two points by Sherman keeping them from being unanswered until the last couple minutes of play. Denison won, 41-23. Tyler stayed close with Texas High until the 3rd quarter when the Tigers would open the scoreline up and roll to a 41-21 win over the Lions. Moving to Friday, Longview would also hold a three point lead at halftime before penalties and turnovers doomed the Lobos in their first post Haynes King era contest. Temple rolled over the Lobos at AT&T Stadium, 40-13. Wylie East traveled to Mount Pleasant, and were properly blown out by the Tigers, 49-6. And West Mesquite, in the closest game of the week, fell at Waco 32-23. Highland Park had their opening contest canceled due to COVID while McKinney North was off. This week, Tyler takes on Tyler Legacy, McKinney North travels to Justin Northwest, Wylie East travels to Irving Nimitz, Longview travels to Marshall, Sherman hosts Mount Pleasant and West Mesquite takes on crosstown rival Mesquite Poteet.

8-5A -
                            A hot and cold weekend for district 8-5A Division I as the 2020 season finally got underway. College Station’s 55-14 win over the Hutto Hippos has to be the biggest statement for this district, as the Cougars rolled. Elsewhere, Magnolia West grabbed a 48-28 win over Brenham and New Caney Porter squeaked out a 22-21 win at Montgomery. The rest of the district fell for the week. Conroe Caney Creek was blown out 64-7 by Conroe Grand Oaks. New Caney, a year after going 10-0 in the regular season, fell at Marshall 34-26. Waller fell 31-20 at Bryan. Magnolia put up a good fight but fell 24-21 to 6A #19 Katy Tompkins. Cleveland was blown out 47-7 against Houston Fulshear. And Lufkin surrendered 70 to Tyler Legacy in a 70-32 loss. This week, Waller hosts Tomball. New Caney travels to Kingwood Park, Cleveland hosts Houston Northbrook, Magnolia hosts Brenham, Conroe Caney Park travels to Galena Park, New Caney Porter hosts Montgomery Lake Creek, Magnolia West hosts Temple and College Station travels to Fort Bend George Bush.

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

I like both...

Go ahead and say it. Grant has a far higher ceiling. If King doesn't get him all the reps then good luck.

Comment

• Lobo Wrap for Week 1 (Sept 25th, 2020) vs Temple (40-13 loss): https://lobohistory.com/blog/2020/lobowrapweek1.html

Comment

Working...
                                X