Clear All

• Originally posted by EASTHOUSTONFOOTBALL View Post

🤔🤔🤔
    Figured you'd pop in here at some point tonight lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MenOfValor View Post

Yall play Legacy to
      Nice win for yall.

Btw, I picked yall to win from the jump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos99 View Post
        Just going to be a work in progress
        Work in progress is an understatement.

This felt worse than that 2014 loss at Lufkin. Those boys quit trying that night, and it wasn’t much different tonight.
        THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
        5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
        40 District Championships
        '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
        '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
        '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
        '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
        '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

Work in progress is an understatement.

This felt worse than that 2014 loss at Lufkin. Those boys quit trying that night, and it wasn’t much different tonight.
          Definetely different than every other Lobo team I have seen. One thing about Longview they have always been confident and have swagger and that alone usually intimidates teams. Didn't see that tonight.I was surprised. Now I can say good luck the rest of the way. I am still pissed that they had tyler on that big *** scoreboard instead of Temple. Dam we are not some 2nd rate city/team. We do have a very good history. I liked # 81 they should work at getting him the ball. I know yall were disappointed but dam you guys still have a good run defense, We couldn't run worth crap against your front. Anyways Hope for the best for you guys to get back on track. With covid it messed alot of teams up.

Comment

• Originally posted by thumbs up 81 View Post
            2020 go away!
            Preach Brother!!!!

Comment

• Longview going to be ok. QBs will take time to season. I'd probably go with Allen going forward. Jalen Hale does you no good not taking any shots down field. Longview should had forced it to him down field. I needed this win tonight with Lufkin giving up 70 in a lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEMPLE WILDCATS View Post

I know yall were disappointed but dam you guys still have a good run defense, We couldn't run worth crap against your front. Anyways Hope for the best for you guys to get back on track. With covid it messed alot of teams up.
                As good as they were, believe it or not, the personnel was all out of wack along the DL tonight.

Run defense has hardly been an issue with Berry.

His issue is personnel, scheme and secondary coaching.

You dont always get the best personnel on the field with him...he forced the 4 man front scheme ...when Longview started playing better at all 3 levels on defense when we switched to odd man front the past few years....and finally...he's a big fan of playing his DBs far off wideouts...even more than our old DC. Jamming at the LOS has just never been his thing.

Comment

• I see this as more of a blip. Longview has too many athletes to stay down. As mentioned before, covid has messed us up. No spring training and your shortened scrimmage last week...nothing good comes out of that. I would bet there are a bunch of 0-1 teams across the state that will finish regular season 9-1. Lobos are a good candidate for that. Good luck the rest of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quick View Post

Preach Brother!!!!
                    Sister! I know nothing about the logistics of football. I've been going to games since the time of Hosea Taylor! Husband won the fighting heart in the late 70's. I bleed green. Former viewette. I just love this team and will stick by them as I have in the past no matter what. We are lobo Nation. Just down not out. This will be a different team. We have to get behind them. This is most read thread on this forum. If we implode they implode. They are going through this year just like we are. What do you really expect from a team of underclassmen that haven't had the chance to get. We'll be ok as a nation including our players. Lobo up people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin_L View Post

Haha. Until HP and Westbrook? They will name their score. We need DISIPLINE, a QB and DBs for sure.

Watched this with my Westbrook family last night. This was a hard night for me and they promised revenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldCatFan View Post
                        I see this as more of a blip. Longview has too many athletes to stay down. As mentioned before, covid has messed us up. No spring training and your shortened scrimmage last week...nothing good comes out of that. I would bet there are a bunch of 0-1 teams across the state that will finish regular season 9-1. Lobos are a good candidate for that. Good luck the rest of the season.
                        This was our scrimmage. If nothing changes next week it's on the coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                          Figured you'd pop in here at some point tonight lol
                          I'm just here for the comments brother lol

Comment

• Young team, little discipline, horrible defensive scheme and philosophy...recipe for a long season...but once a Lobo always a Lobo...I really hope everyone gets past the massive overhype and supports this team for what it is and let’s them find their way. When you get exposed by a mediocre team, it’s going to put blood in the water....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingwolf View Post
                              Young team, little discipline, horrible defensive scheme and philosophy...recipe for a long season...but once a Lobo always a Lobo...I really hope everyone gets past the massive overhype and supports this team for what it is and let’s them find their way. When you get exposed by a mediocre team, it’s going to put blood in the water....
                              Really? Mediocre. OK. TEMPLE is a proud program also. 4th all-time in wins in Texas.47 in the nation in all-time wins. But whatever you say though. jus went to state in 2014- 2016. We are very young and inexperienced but can match Longview with speed and talent in any year. doesn't mean we will win every-time.You guys do lead the series 4-3, I think maybe a couple of more teams in the state of Texas can say that,. I respect Longview very much as a program no matter what some of the fans say is silly.
                              Last edited by TEMPLE WILDCATS; 09-26-2020, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• It’s all ok guys! In grand scheme of things. It’s ok. Ups and downs each week , year and decade. Playing in 5 and 6 a it’s really about a group maturing at right time . It’s ok really. Neither team winning any titles this year regardless. Just enjoy the kids and watch them grow in front of us. As fans we want them to do well but in reality they are like us adults . Up and down! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X