*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jbabi86 View Post

07... 84 is going to kick your #@#$#$... If you do not start coming to some of the home games.... plus after all the talk about the folks on the home side not showing up, now you are in that class.... along with 73... LOL!!!!!

You do not want to be on 84's list....
    Not to mention the fun we have been having AFTER the game, that he is missing. Although, I am sure that Mavchamp is not going to feel like rubbing elbows with me, tomorrow night,
    LOBO4LIFE

Comment

• We need a name for the Longview Marshall games. In what is recognized as one of the most heated rivalries in not just TXHSFB but the entire sporting world I feel we should have a name for it. I was thinking "Highway 80 Shootout", or "Grudge Match in the Piney Woods" lol
      "Don't ever bet against the Lobos." - John King

Comment

• "Highway 80 Showdown"
        "Don't ever bet against the Lobos." - John King

Comment

• Originally posted by LoboBooster73 View Post
          Sorry I chose spending time with my daughter who came home from college for the first time in 2 1/2 months over driving 2+ hours each way to watch the annual thrashing of the lowly Marshall Mavericks.

LoboNation, please accept my apologies!
          Apologies accepted. We know where your heart is....... LOL!!! But what better catching up time than a wonderful trip to the Piney Woods to watch the Lobos take an old rival to the wood shed.

Comment

• Fish won 40-7.

Comment

• Originally posted by LOBOFAN84 View Post
              Not to mention the fun we have been having AFTER the game, that he is missing. Although, I am sure that Mavchamp is not going to feel like rubbing elbows with me, tomorrow night,
              And you know it...

Mavchamp should be fine. He should be numb to losing to the Lobos by now... you would think... Anyway.. remember he is an Lobo now and I have the pics to prove it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                Fish won 40-7.
                JV won 34-6.

Comment

• I posted this on Smoaky but since some of y'all don't head over there....

Longview is now 29-0-1 against Marshall on the Freshmen/JV/Varsity levels combined since 2006. Our last loss on the top 3 levels of football against the Mavos was in 2005, a freshmen loss.
                  THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
                  5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
                  40 District Championships
                  '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
                  '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                  '04, '11, '12, '13, '20, '21 Regional Finalist
                  '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
                  '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• What happened to the Lufkin board that now they're suspended?

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Was reading the Greenville preview for their Sulphur Springs game and their coach had this to say about Longview..

“Those ol’ kids, they’re quick and aggressive,” Sedberry said of the Lobos. “There were times they were in the wrong gap, ran around the backside and still made the tackle. They knew how to redirect. I was very impressed with how hard those kids played. They were on a mission. You can tell that’s a program that’s use to success. When you can get them to play hard no matter who you’re playing that’s a sign of success.”
                      Pretty classy and kind words I thought.

Comment

• No telling. But the place has been hectic since the Nac loss and the ugly win against Whitehouse didn't help much....

Comment

• Folks are still calling this rivalry the greatest in Texas just because of duration. What? lol

How can this be the greatest when they aren't even our number one rival? And frankly....we aren't there's either. Hallsville is.

Comment

Folks are still calling this rivalry the greatest in Texas just because of duration. What? lol
                            How can this be the greatest when they aren't even our number one rival? And frankly....we aren't there's either. Hallsville is.
                            Still contend this matchup should've been stopped when it reached the century mark and now we're locked into district with them for GOD knows how long! Jeez.
                            Twitter: @Booster73Lobo www.LobosFootball.com

Comment

• Which Lufkin board is suspended?

Comment

Awesome.
                                Now that it's been made public...

Our defensive line just became more dynamic. Will be interesting to see the personnel changes. Not expecting French to play a workload tonight though.

Comment

Working...
                                X