*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post
    Here's what I came up with....South Texas is a complete mess with the cut off being higher than expected. \
    Yeah, I was playing around with a mock map and that 1900 is pretty steep, making it very hard to create 16 districts in 5AD1. Cutoff went up 60! You don't see huge jumps like that anymore.

Some very long travel on the horizon for sure for alot of folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
      Some very long travel on the horizon for sure for alot of folks.
      GOOD! I hope it sucks nutz for alot of schools! That's what happens when we create a place for everyone to feel like they can "win" in. 12 classes 12 state champions is ridiculous. Reap what you sow!

Comment

• Originally posted by hook em 22 View Post

GOOD! I hope it sucks nutz for alot of schools! That's what happens when we create a place for everyone to feel like they can "win" in. 12 classes 12 state champions is ridiculous. Reap what you sow!
        I mean we've had 12 state champions for nearly 30 years now lol.
        THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A, 2018 6A DIVISION II STATE CHAMPIONS
        5A D1, 2008 4A D1, 2009 4A D1 State Finalist
        40 District Championships
        '47, '75, '10, '17 State Semi-Finalist
        '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
        '04, '11, '12, '13, '20 Regional Finalist
        '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14, '19 Area Finalist
        '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

Im 54 buddy! I hated it when they started the change in 1990 with the Big School Small School thing. 😂

Except back then it was because of Plano, Judson and Aldine instead of Allen and Duncanville. Lol. What's the old saying... More things change, the more they stay the same!

Comment

• I should've added... It's even worse with the pre-split. THAT is creating the travel/schedule nightmares even moreso. The tinkering over the last 20-30 yrs is ridiculous. It's ok to have to go thru 7 rounds and 128 other schools to win a title in every other sport but football is big business, big money. We know where that led us to.

Comment

Thinking about this... Humor me here! Lol We've been doing it for almost 30 yrs and still don't have it right? Isnt that insane?

Comment

Im 54 buddy! I hated it when they started the change in 1990 with the Big School Small School thing. 😂

Except back then it was because of Plano, Judson and Aldine instead of Allen and Duncanville. Lol. What's the old saying... More things change, the more they stay the same!
                I don't mind the "big school/small school" thing.

But just call it was it actually is.

Texas has a ridiculous amount of high schools with a ridiculous amount of football programs. Expanding the playoffs was bound to happen.

But we are at 12 different classifications. Just call it that. Plain and simple IMO.

Basketball and all the other sports, I do think it's a bit different than football just because you do see the smaller schools knocking off the bigger schools here and there. Is what it is though.

'24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Everything worked fine until you started getting these mega size high schools. Went to Skyline in the late 70's and it was 3rd largest high school in the country. Look how many schools that have surpassed it.

Comment

Interesting.

I just assumed MISD would want to keep those two together.

I'm hoping FISD does the same. There's absolutely zero reason for Forney to be in 5A D1.

I thought about this for awhile and I am changing my mind. I could see Poteet being opted up. I forgot that Bragg is no longer the AD and MISD has already made changes I thought we would never see. They have always said that Mesquite High would be the flagship school of the district. They have changed that to Horn.

Comment

Even at my age, I think I do a good job of remembering football stuff from 30-40 yrs ago, but I think I am wrong on Aldine. I believe it was the/an Alief school that was so big back then. Sorry! Lol

Comment

• Off topic, but here is Lampasas from a couple weeks ago:

Click image for larger version

Name:	EC8362C4-39E6-4974-AAD8-4BCCAC298D32.jpeg
Views:	357
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	501912

Comment

• Originally posted by Grainraiser View Post

I thought about this for awhile and I am changing my mind. I could see Poteet being opted up. I forgot that Bragg is no longer the AD and MISD has already made changes I thought we would never see. They have always said that Mesquite High would be the flagship school of the district. They have changed that to Horn.
                          Apparently the list the UIL posted earlier had all the schools on it that were opting up. Poteet was listed as 5A D2 so looks like you were originally correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoLobos View Post
                            Off topic, but here is Lampasas from a couple weeks ago:

Click image for larger version

Name:	EC8362C4-39E6-4974-AAD8-4BCCAC298D32.jpeg
Views:	357
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	501912
                            Damn thieves! 😠🤬

Comment

• Officially have every game log posted for Girls Basketball -
                              https://lobohistory.com/basketball/l.../gamelogs.html

319 game logs completed. Still have a couple seasons to work on (8) before everything is officially completed for Girls basketball. Did find some results from back in the day (the 1940s), but haven't posted that yet. Will wait until I get everything situated.

Have all 302 game logs posted as well for Boys Basketball -
                              https://lobohistory.com/basketball/lobos/gamelogs.html

Have a ways to go on posting all their schedules.

Working on baseball here in the offseason. Have about half of their schedules compiled from about 1940 on. Early records are going to be extremely difficult to find, but workin on em.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                                Texas offers Goram-Welch.
                                Ruh roh. Goram-Welch decommits from Oklahoma State.

Comment

Working...
                                X