Carroll Dragons Fan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carroll Dragons Fan Thread

For the Dragon fans, the Carroll girls begin practice on Monday for the upcoming volleyball season. The ladies had a great season in the 2013 - 2014 academic year reaching the state semi-finals before bowing out to a team they had defeated earlier in the year. Carroll has a new coach this season, despite making it to the state semi-finals last year. Don't ask me to explain it, but it is what it is. Would love to see more fans come out to support the girls this year. The first scrimmages start at the end of the week.

If you're getting impatient, football kicks off, sans pads, a week from tomorrow.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Dropped by to say hello SLC Faithful,best of luck and glad to come aboard with ya !!!!!

GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mesquite Horn Jaquars / Son- Class of `14 Daughter- Class of `17 JHHS Jf‚ÄčL
    Men are to be guided only by their self-interests. Good government is a good balancing of these; and, except a keen eye and appetite for self-interest, requires no virtue in any quarter.
    Elijah Parish Lovejoy

Comment

I'm a fan unless Katy is playing them. Do I qualify?

Comment

Seems a shame to lose our commanding lead in posts for our team thread. How dull to be merely average!

Comment

Looks like we're all starting over, only a bit over a million views to make up. For ktCarl, yes.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Comment

Originally posted by DrEdward View Post
            Looks like we're all starting over, only a bit over a million views to make up. For ktCarl, yes.
            To me the biggest disappointment of having to start over is losing your "150 years ago" thread. I always found that to be an excellent and educational read.

Comment

Originally posted by SLC13 View Post

To me the biggest disappointment of having to start over is losing your "150 years ago" thread. I always found that to be an excellent and educational read.
              It is continued in The Yard2 on this site. Unfortunately, the first 506 pages didn't make it over here. But thanks.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Comment

In case you're looking for a reserved spot at Dragon Stadium this season.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Comment

Originally posted by DrEdward View Post
                  For the Dragon fans, the Carroll girls begin practice on Monday for the upcoming volleyball season. The ladies had a great season in the 2013 - 2014 academic year reaching the state semi-finals before bowing out to a team they had defeated earlier in the year. Carroll has a new coach this season, despite making it to the state semi-finals last year. Don't ask me to explain it, but it is what it is. Would love to see more fans come out to support the girls this year. The first scrimmages start at the end of the week.

If you're getting impatient, football kicks off, sans pads, a week from tomorrow.
                  Doc, thanks for continuing to make everyone aware of all things Dragon in our team thread.

While we have "few thousand" more posts to go to match how many we had on the other thread, we'll get there again some day!

Comment

For the volleyball fans, the Carroll girls will be scrimmaging this Friday morning at L.D. Bell starting at 9:00am. Other schools involved will be Plano East, Arlington, and, of course, L.D. Bell.

If you can't make it, the girls start their season for real on Monday evening at 6:30pm against Richardson Pearce at Carroll.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Comment

The girls looked pretty good in this morning's three scrimmage games at L.D. Bell. While no score was kept, I'm pretty sure that the Lady Dragons would have won all three of their games. It appears the ladies actually have some height this season, at least by Carroll standards. The play at the net looked very good with numerous blocks affected against all three opponents.I'm looking forward to Monday evening.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Comment

Wow, a 6'5" running back! Wonder if Jordan Humphries is even done growing yet, he's just a junior...

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasne...dd-dodge.html/

Comment

• slcdragonfan
                          slcdragonfan
                          Agoraphobic
                          slcdragonfan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I just have to wonder if there is a better use for him with that size. A jump ball in the corner of the endzone sounds very enticing. I also worry about big tall RB's, I have seen them have knee and leg problems over the years, a big target. I hope he can stay healthy, both for us but also for his future.

• SLC13
                          SLC13
                          All-State
                          SLC13 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree with SLCDF, Grant McFarlin showed speed and RB skills last year and could handle the RB chores allowing Humphries to move out to WR. Also Li'l could easily slide back into a RB position when we go to a 2 RB set.

It would certainly be nice to get both these athletes on the field together for most plays.

• dragonpants
                          dragonpants
                          All-America
                          dragonpants commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I do not like this comment thingy because I cannot respond to slcdf or SLC13 directly.
                          Jordan plays basketball as well and he jumps well but I think we saw last year that he is not the most sure handed receiver. He may have improved in the off season but I like the idea of a tall RB who can see to the next level rather than waiting to get through the line. A good view downfield is excellent.
                          I know we are all impressed with McFarlin but he is the not the caliber of RB that Jordan is. IM not so humble opinion we are wasting his talent by having him as strictly a bu running back. The kid delivered a good hit when running with the ball why not use his incredible athletic ability on the other side of the ball either as an LB or DB. He is too good to have in a back up role especially considering both he and Jordan are juniors. Get that kid a starting job somewhere. We have a stable of very good back ups and of course we could use him like we did Bergmark last year and he can fill in from the D side in two back situations.
                          I would also love to see King as a lead blocker in short yardage situations handing the ball off to Lil as opposed to exposing Agnew to more hits.
                          For the first time in a long time we are lean at QB, we got very lucky last year that Agnew stayed healthy given the number of carries he had.

Just checking to see if I can post. Looking forward to another season of Dragon fb!

Comment

Lady Dragons looked good this evening, both JV and varsity with opening wins against a very good Richardson Pearce squad. Both teams swept their matches, but for the varsity, the games were very competitive. Net play for Carroll was outstanding with a large number of blocked shots throughout the match.

Game 2 is Tuesday evening at Carroll against Plano West.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Comment

The Lady Dragons moved to 2-0 last night at Carroll by defeating Plano West in a volleyball contest 3-0.

The varsity girls will be off to Pearland for their big volleyball tournament this weekend.

DrEdward
                            All-America
                            Last edited by DrEdward; 08-13-2014, 08:24 AM.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Comment

Working...
                            X