Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OakTreeOut-n-Up View Post

Curious if this is full scholly or PWO?

I would not be surprised to see him take some 4 star kid’s snaps.
    PWO. If he was 2 inches taller and 25 pounds heavier I think he'd be full of offers. Sark grabbed both him and Taaffe last week which I found really interesting. Both undersized but extremely versatile kids who are not afraid of the spotlight. Also both had legendary self-discipline and work ethic here at Westlake as well - given some of the previous regime's issue with getting players to have an attention to detail and appropriate work ethic I wonder if Sark specifically wanted a few guys in the locker room who will walk in the locker room door with him ready to set an example of how he wants the team to run. If there's a 4 star slacker there I promise Zane and Mookie will be right behind him ready to step in and contribute. Minors may be the smartest kid in that locker room the second he walks in the door, and Taaffe may be the hardest worker in that room the second he walks in the door.
    Deep playoff runs are, in part, wars of attrition.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChapDad View Post

PWO. If he was 2 inches taller and 25 pounds heavier I think he'd be full of offers. Sark grabbed both him and Taaffe last week which I found really interesting. Both undersized but extremely versatile kids who are not afraid of the spotlight. Also both had legendary self-discipline and work ethic here at Westlake as well - given some of the previous regime's issue with getting players to have an attention to detail and appropriate work ethic I wonder if Sark specifically wanted a few guys in the locker room who will walk in the locker room door with him ready to set an example of how he wants the team to run. If there's a 4 star slacker there I promise Zane and Mookie will be right behind him ready to step in and contribute. Minors may be the smartest kid in that locker room the second he walks in the door, and Taaffe may be the hardest worker in that room the second he walks in the door.
      Over the past decade or two, Texas has continuously whiffed on these kinds of players. Chase Daniels and Baker Mayfield come to mind, but there are many more. Patterson has made a living finding the 2* and 3* players and making a team of them.

If Sark continues on this path he will change the locker room and be enormously successful. Hope springs eternal.
      “Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” --Voltaire

"There is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it, if only we are brave enough to be it"--Amanda Gorman

Comment

• Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

Over the past decade or two, Texas has continuously whiffed on these kinds of players. Chase Daniels and Baker Mayfield come to mind, but there are many more. Patterson has made a living finding the 2* and 3* players and making a team of them.

If Sark continues on this path he will change the locker room and be enormously successful. Hope springs eternal.
        Is your name Pete Mundo lol? His article echoes our thoughts. Taaffe got the call from Sark's new safeties coach Blake Gideon.
        The Texas Longhorns have landed a commitment from Westlake defensive back MIchael Taaffe as a preferred walk on.

Comment

• Junior LT Bray Lynch offered by Oklahoma St today. Junior RT Robertson offered by Nebraska today.

Big 12 schools have now offered the following players from the classes of 2022 and 2023:
          QB Klubnik
          WR Greathouse
          WR Kubecka
          OT Lynch
          OT Robertson

Comment

• Originally posted by ChapDad View Post

Is your name Pete Mundo lol? His article echoes our thoughts. Taaffe got the call from Sark's new safeties coach Blake Gideon.
            You could have written that! And yes, getting kids that bleed orange means they are achieving a lifelong dream, and will probably work hard to stay there.

Glad we will get to watch him in the coming years.
            “Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” --Voltaire

"There is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it, if only we are brave enough to be it"--Amanda Gorman

Comment

• OT Connor Robertson adds TCU, Minnesota, Wake Forest to offer list.

Comment

• Robertson offered by Virginia, Southern Cal, Northwestern.

Comment

• Bray Lynch picked up Duke today.

Comment

• Anybody know when we might start hearing about non-district games for the fall?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChapFan95 View Post
                      Anybody know when we might start hearing about non-district games for the fall?
                      You are at TEMPLE first game of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEMPLE WILDCATS View Post

You are at TEMPLE first game of the season.
                        Last I heard we have Temple, Euless Trinity (in Waco), and they were still working on confirming Dallas Jesuit. But it's pretty old info from last July (see the end of the linked article). The article is a funny time capsule looking back - "Although the Dodge Bowl won’t take place this year or in 2021, the statewide interest it garnered in the offseason could lead to an eventual meeting"
                        Three home games. One non-district contest. No Dodge Bowl. That’s the reality for Westlake football, which...

Comment

• Klubnik got an offer from Clemson today...Went from 106 to #40 on the Rivals top 250 prospect ranking....
                          Last edited by North Shore Mike; 02-26-2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• So so so excited for Cade and the entire Klubnik family. That’s the offer he’s always wanted.

Connor Robertson also picked up Tennessee today. For those of you that know a bit more than I do, what does the RB situation look like next year? Basically set at QB, OL, and WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChapFan95 View Post
                              For those of you that know a bit more than I do, what does the RB situation look like next year? Basically set at QB, OL, and WR.
                              All-American QB and WR return, along with Big 12 offered WR on the other side, and bookend tackles with Big 12 offers on the line - we go empty backfield and throw 65 passes a game this year! Seriously though I don't know but maybe the latest Chambers gets the nod.

Comment

• AP All-state 6A:
                                Klubnik 1st team QB and state OPOY
                                TD Coach of the Year

2nd team: Robertson, Mireur
                                Honorable Mention: Minors, Morris, Taaffe

Comment

Working...
                                X